Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Code:
depends: cfg80211
This is strange, in most cases the driver must have mac80211 dependancy, which assures it can handle a software MAC change aswell.
Can you try this please:
Code:
ifconfig wlan0
ifconfig wlan0 down hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55 up
ifconfig wlan0

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
the only thing close to that in that dir is S99nzone
Yes that's it, just delete it and nzone won't start on boot. Also update script if you are going to use it, there are a lot of fixes in newer version, just don't forget to remove from the autostart with update-rc.d

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
This is strange, in most cases the driver must have mac80211 dependancy, which assures it can handle a software MAC change aswell.
Can you try this please:
Code:
ifconfig wlan0
ifconfig wlan0 down hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55 up
ifconfig wlan0

Code:
10:37:16 ~/Desktop$ sudo ifconfig wlan0 down hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55 up
10:37:19 ~/Desktop$ ifconfig wlan0
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:22:33:44:55
inet addr:192.168.150.1 Bcast:192.168.150.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:764691 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:79423 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:107917879 (107.9 MB) TX bytes:37490876 (37.4 MB)

10:37:25 ~/Desktop$ macchanger --show wlan0
Current MAC: 00:11:22:33:44:55 (CIMSYS Inc)
Permanent MAC: 8c:70:5a:ca:5b:f4 (Intel Corporate)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Code:
10:37:16 ~/Desktop$ sudo ifconfig wlan0 down hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55 up
10:37:19 ~/Desktop$ ifconfig wlan0
wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:11:22:33:44:55
Fine, I added native support for iwlwifi driver, please check the script now.
If it works fine, also please check if service network-manager stop/start is really necessary. Because the script works in a lower level it may be not necessary (ifconfig/hostapd instead or macchanger/aphotspot in your case, which in real utilizes the same ifconfig/hostapd).

zakzedd

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
stupid question, what do I set my mac address to? I'm using the mac. Where do I find the address to put xxxxx? is it the same as the one I saw earlier in my system preferences?

sudo ifconfig en1 ether xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

D

Deleted User

Interesting...I didn't even know it was possible to do this. I had actually thought about being able to set up a Nintendo Zone at my own house a month or so ago, and now I can finally do that. If only I had my own computer, then I could do it without my Mom getting pissed at me.​

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8hrs cooldown still works for any SSID, but with NZ@McD1 you may not change MAC at all and still will have a streetpass every 8 hours. That is because european Nintnendo access points with streetpass relays are spreading streetpass data between relays, like in Streetpass Weekends in the US, and do not check MAC, so you can get streetpass with any MAC.
Using attwifi reqires to switch off wireless security, wich is impossible in Windows with most of the drivers. There is no need to stick with attwifi on Windows anyway because of the first octet limitation in Windows - you can't set official Nintendo Zone access point MACs so it's not use for attwifi at all, while with NZ@McD1 you'e not limited with the secirity.
You can follow "Before you tried anything else" link at the first post of the topic and not worry about any nintendo zone rules changes anymore.

Ok you answered what I need to know then. It seems I have no reason to change from my current settings until the attwifi stops working completely. Btw your maccheck.cmd file states I am unable to change the mac address on my setup, despite being able to to change it. I'm guessing it looks at hosted network stuff which I do not use.

But thanks for the info regarding NZ@McD1. I was unaware that Europe relays were working like that. Since I do not let this thing run constantly, I prefer getting a bunch of passes at once which requires changing macs.

NamikazeBurst

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after reading this guide, is it possible to set-up a homepass with just a wireless connection? I cannot get a wired connection easily, and I don't know how to root my S4, so my only option is my current PC (Windows 7). I tried Chaldron's method of setting up an attwifi network, but the steps weren't exactly the same and I didn't end up getting streetpasses despite being able to connect to the netwrrok called attwifi.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ugh this is driving me insane. I can't get it to work on DD-WRT

It would be a good idea to tell us what router model and version of dd-wrt you are running for us to help you.

One thing you can try is running this script in cron:

Code:
*/6 * * * * root ifconfig eth1 down && ifconfig eth1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && ifconfig eth1 up

This gives you a new MAC every 6 minutes, if you want it to be, let's say, 2 minutes, just change the */6 to */2 or any interval you like.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Ok you answered what I need to know then. It seems I have no reason to change from my current settings until the attwifi stops working completely. Btw your maccheck.cmd file states I am unable to change the mac address on my setup, despite being able to to change it. I'm guessing it looks at hosted network stuff which I do not use.

But thanks for the info regarding NZ@McD1. I was unaware that Europe relays were working like that. Since I do not let this thing run constantly, I prefer getting a bunch of passes at once which requires changing macs.
Well, there is a reason to set NZ@MCd1 - not to be so selfish and allow more other people to get your SP. I updated the maccheck.cmd, your results are welcome!

kingaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So from what I've gathered (and please correct me if I'm wrong), setting the SSID to "attwifi" only works if you don't have security (which isn't possible on windows 7/8)

Furthermore, the new default SSID, NZ@McD1, is MAC agnostic - you'll get passes from all sorts of places regardless of the MAC address.

Here's my question: say Person A connects to a particular MAC via NZ@McD1. Then Person B connects to that same MAC via attwifi. Would person B get person A's streetpass data? Do we know?

mrfires

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Router Model: Cisco Valet Plus M20
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/26/10) mini - build 15508M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So after reading this guide, is it possible to set-up a homepass with just a wireless connection? I cannot get a wired connection easily, and I don't know how to root my S4, so my only option is my current PC (Windows 7). I tried Chaldron's method of setting up an attwifi network, but the steps weren't exactly the same and I didn't end up getting streetpasses despite being able to connect to the netwrrok called attwifi.
Have
So from what I've gathered (and please correct me if I'm wrong), setting the SSID to "attwifi" only works if you don't have security (which isn't possible on windows 7/8)

Furthermore, the new default SSID, NZ@McD1, is MAC agnostic - you'll get passes from all sorts of places regardless of the MAC address.

Here's my question: say Person A connects to a particular MAC via NZ@McD1. Then Person B connects to that same MAC via attwifi. Would person B get person A's streetpass data? Do we know?
That did not work , but no one checked it on fw 9.x. Anyway it make little sense with Windows driver limitation, you didn't realize that first octet is really modified on most of the drivers so even 4E:... MACs is not accessible

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Router Model: Cisco Valet Plus M20
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/26/10) mini - build 15508M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko
So have you managed to work my script? Mac cloning is not necessary, but the SSID matters if you are using BASExx or GBATEMP lists, the rest have the SSID defined inside the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay