Status
Not open for further replies.

re11ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, been looking everywhere for a good answer and just didn't see one. I just want to have a homepass but my intel wireless card built into my laptop prevents mac spoofing. My routers are not dd-wrt capable either and I don't have a phone with android. Ubuntu failed to make it work too.

All I want is a simple answer. What's a cheap wireless usb adapter that's guaranteed to work for use of homepass? This should mean I can use the wireless adapter to send out a virtual router like I could with my intel card, except the mac change will actually occur and affect the virtual router being broadcasted from the adapter. Alternatively, what's a cheap router that can have DD-WRT installed? (Would prefer usb adapter as the router's only purpose would be that and nothing else.)

The only reason I ask is that I want homepass and I don't want to get something to do it just to find out it won't work.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hey need help cant get it to work with a Android Hotspot need help plz

You must have at least a rooted android to change the wireless MAC.

The only reason I ask is that I want homepass and I don't want to get something to do it just to find out it won't work.

Please check your wireless card with my check tool, even if you're absolutely sure it won't change MAC, just for statistics.
1. if your notebook have a PCI-Express slot, most probably the wireless adapter is a mini-PCIe card, just change it with the other one, it will cost you $5-10. Broadcom-based works for sure.
2. look for available models according to this device ssupport list https://code.google.com/p/wl500g/wiki/Devices . Or search for the model here http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database it must have at least -mini firmware build (NOT micro) and build number over 20000 and chipset is preferably Broadcom (BCM), Atheros (AR) is less preferred, but not RaLink (RT) - it won't work with MAC change.

re11ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please check your wireless card with my check tool, even if you're absolutely sure it won't change MAC, just for statistics.
1. if your notebook have a PCI-Express slot, most probably the wireless adapter is a mini-PCIe card, just change it with the other one, it will cost you $5-10. Broadcom-based works for sure.
2. look for available models according to this device ssupport list https://code.google.com/p/wl500g/wiki/Devices . Or search for the model here http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database it must have at least -mini firmware build (NOT micro) and build number over 20000 and chipset is preferably Broadcom (BCM), Atheros (AR) is less preferred, but not RaLink (RT) - it won't work with MAC change.
I've already told you, they are not on the list. I've done all my research prior to this. Also the device list failed to list any and all usb adapters, hence me asking my question. Your check tool closes without warning after 2 minutes of it running.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've already told you, they are not on the list. I've done all my research prior to this. Also the device list failed to list any and all usb adapters, hence me asking my question. Your check tool closes without warning after 2 minutes of it running.

I meant you're to search the list and compare with te cheapest available router in the nearest store or on the eBay. I'd recommend the cheapest Asus broadcom-based router, but it is not the best choice for the US and will cost you about 3$30 for RT-N10U. USB adapter will most likely limited with MAC change in Windows, I only have a Raoink RT2870 and it works. Its several years old so maybe you can find one on a DX.co. for a good price.
As for the test, just run it from the command prompt or redirect the output to the clipboard by adding '| clip' to the end of the line.

neninef

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I am not getting streetpasses. I thought it was a misconfiguration by my part.
My router is DD-WRT (a tplink 841 nd). I've cleared the commands, I've checked the cron, I've changed to NZ@McD1 at the wireless part. I am not getting streetpasses anymore.
All I did was to redo everything. I reapplied the wget command at page 10, which was

wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE256,GBATEMP

I've only changed the base 16 to base 256. Cron is set for 24 hours.

My DD-WRT is build 22118. I'm from Brazil.

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am not getting streetpasses. I thought it was a misconfiguration by my part.
My router is DD-WRT (a tplink 841 nd). I've cleared the commands, I've checked the cron, I've changed to NZ@McD1 at the wireless part. I am not getting streetpasses anymore.
All I did was to redo everything. I reapplied the wget command at page 10, which was

wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE256,GBATEMP

I've only changed the base 16 to base 256. Cron is set for 24 hours.

My DD-WRT is build 22118. I'm from Brazil.

same I found when change mac
Radio is Off and nerver on
it is the problem

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sorry, just realized a bug with DD-WRT Atheros which really can turn AP down and never up.
Just reboot and update the script now, it should work fine, i suppose.

re11ding

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Intel Corporation,Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230,Wireless Network Connection,PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_42628086&REV_C4\681729FFFFF4718A00,NETwNs64

00000010 2
00000001 1
11111111 255
11111101 253
This interface adapter driver can use unicast MAC [bit1=0], which is not a problem, and only local MAC [bit2=1], i.e. not hardware "

I'm going to need a translation. The funny thing is that I can change the mac of the wireless adapter, but all the Microsoft virtual routers ran from it will always have the normal mac address, not the modified one. I saw other people have this same result and they said it was because they had an intel card, so I thought I was at a dead end there.

EDIT: Would the RT-N12 on that list work since it supports the custom firmware? It's the cheapest one I can find on ebay.

Danicco

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,

I need some help troubleshooting my setup, can anyone spare a minute or two?

I've read nearly all guides and tried a bunch of methods, but in the end, I thought it'd be best to stick with the simpler one.
Here's what I did:

[Windows 7]
1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NZ@McD1 key=myhiddenpassword keyusage=persistent
2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
3. Went to Network Connections, found the new "NZ@McD1" connection, Properties, IPv4 Config, set the IP to be 192.168.137.1, Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0
4. Clicked Properties on my Local Area Network (Wired Connection), Sharing, Enabled Sharing for the Wi-Fi (Virtual Wi-Fi renamed) connection. I did select the connection from the dropbox before clicking the checkbox, as some users pointed to have an issue with this.
5. While in the Sharing Tab, Settings, enabled all the services I wanted to share (everything).
6. Status on the Virtual Wi-Fi connection, checking if IPv4 Connectivity shows "Internet", it's ok.
7. Restarted the Hosted Network just for good measure.
8. Tried to connect from the 3DS and various other devices... success!
9. Tried to test the internet connection... failed. Error 003-1201.

I did manage once (and only once) to get my phone connect to the internet from the Wi-Fi. But every other time I've tried, I connect to the wireless, but I can't access/browse anything.
General things I've tried:

- Disabling the Windows Firewall.
- Checking / Enabling the ICS and the Routing and Remote Access on services.msc.
- Using software (most provided in this topic, others from googling) to create the Virtual Wi-Fi, same results.
- Changing PCs (I got an old netbook with Windows 7), same results.

My network adapter is Atheros AR9485 and Broadcom 4313.
I'm guessing there must be some issue of configuration of some sort since from the status window it shows internet connectivity, and I can connect the devices to the wireless, but I just can't access the internet... any helps/pointers?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I try it again
also the same radio off and never on ToT

PM me content of /tmp/hostapd_ath0.conf
"Intel Corporation,Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230,Wireless Network This interface adapter driver can use unicast MAC [bit1=0], which is not a problem, and only local MAC [bit2=1], i.e. not hardware "

I'm going to need a translation. The funny thing is that I can change the mac of the wireless adapter, but all the Microsoft virtual routers ran from it will always have the normal mac address, not the modified one. I saw other people have this same result and they said it was because they had an intel card, so I thought I was at a dead end there.

EDIT: Would the RT-N12 on that list work since it supports the custom firmware? It's the cheapest one I can find on ebay.

You're right, the test itself checks only the physical interface MAC change abilities, hosted AP is mainly depends on it, but may use a hardware one instead, this is what can't be checked with this test. The purpose of the test was to force people stop using a harware MACs which they can't set anc concentrate on the prime and also discover drivers which can't set even all primes.

RT-N12 will work, but you sould look for the revisio, RT-N 12 D is not supported at all, RT-N 12 C is only supported by DD-WRT. The revision may not be listed in the price, it can be seen on a back sticker and on the sticker on the package.

Hi,
I need some help troubleshooting my setup, can anyone spare a minute or two?
First, you did exatly what my script does automatically
Second, the default settings of Windows Firewall and default services of a clean Windows 7 install are enough.
Third, each Nintendo Zone SSID have a predefined set of available features, such as eShop access or full internet access and I'm not sure the latter is enabled fot NZ@McD1 for Brazil, so you can just try to chenge the hosted AP ssid to NintendoSpotPass1 for example

Just try my script and PM me if it still not working like that. Make sure you are uninstalled all virtual router software you tried before, if any.

Danicco

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just try my script and PM me if it still not working like that. Make sure you are uninstalled all virtual router software you tried before, if any.

In the posted linked from the OP, there is a line with (for Windows) nzone.macs "Wireless Network Connection" and I'm not sure what to do there.
Where can I download this "nzone.macs" script? And is "Wireless Network Connection" the regular Wi-Fi adapter connection right? (I was using "Wi-Fi" for most guides here so "Wireless Network Connection" got claimed by the Virtual Wi-Fi one)

I also think this might be an issue with my main router (Technicolor TG589vn v3). At first, I thought it couldn't be it since for the router, the internet request might be the same if it's coming either from the PC or the 3DS / another Device using the Shared Connection, but after looking around it's options, I'm starting to doubt if that's the case... and unfortunately this router is provided by the ISP so I have no means of changing it, so I'm stuck with finding the issue, and if it's really the router, damn =/

Edit: I just tried the nzone.vbs script without the .macs one, the connection appeared and I managed to connect to it, but the internet test fails like the other times I've tried.
It did, however, show that there's a Nintendo Zone nearby now...

Edit2: After running the script once, I got the nzone.macs file... and I ran the maccheck.cmd on it, and it said that my adapter can't change macs =/
I guess my only option now is try to *ugh* socialize? Gods help me.

Edit3: Checking on the Device Manager, it seems I do can change the Wireless Adapter's Mac, since there is a "Network Address" value on the list and I can set a value there.
My setup might be messed up though, this is what I have:

Local Area Connection
Network, Shared
Intel 82579V Gigabyte Network

Wi-Fi (with a red X on it)
Not Connected
Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network

Wireless Network Connection
NZ@McD1
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
M
In the posted linked from the OP, there is a line with (for Windows) nzone.macs "Wireless Network Connection" and I'm not sure what to do there.
Where can I download this "nzone.macs" script? And is "Wireless Network Connection" the regular Wi-Fi adapter connection right? (I was using "Wi-Fi" for most guides here so "Wireless Network Connection" got claimed by the Virtual Wi-Fi one)

I also think this might be an issue with my main router (Technicolor TG589vn v3). At first, I thought it couldn't be it since for the router, the internet request might be the same if it's coming either from the PC or the 3DS / another Device using the Shared Connection, but after looking around it's options, I'm starting to doubt if that's the case... and unfortunately this router is provided by the ISP so I have no means of changing it, so I'm stuck with finding the issue, and if it's really the router, damn =/

Edit: I just tried the nzone.vbs script without the .macs one, the connection appeared and I managed to connect to it, but the internet test fails like the other times I've tried.
It did, however, show that there's a Nintendo Zone nearby now...

Edit2: After running the script once, I got the nzone.macs file... and I ran the maccheck.cmd on it, and it said that my adapter can't change macs =/
I guess my only option now is try to *ugh* socialize? Gods help me.

Edit3: Checking on the Device Manager, it seems I do can change the Wireless Adapter's Mac, since there is a "Network Address" value on the list and I can set a value there.
My setup might be messed up though, this is what I have:

Local Area Connection
Network, Shared
Intel 82579V Gigabyte Network

Wi-Fi (with a red X on it)
Not Connected
Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network

Wireless Network Connection
NZ@McD1
Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter
Mac check.cmd is not dependent on nzonr.vbs or nzone.macs of any kind. As soon your wireless connection called Wi-Fi then you just need to run maccheck.cmd "Wi-Fi"

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I've updated my 3DS XL to Version 9.

I'm following the guide on page one word for word but Nintendo Zone is not appearing for me at all? Can someone help please? I have had this setup previously with no issues but now I've come to setting it up again... no NZ.. :(

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, I've updated my 3DS XL to Version 9.

I'm following the guide on page one word for word but Nintendo Zone is not appearing for me at all? Can someone help please? I have had this setup previously with no issues but now I've come to setting it up again... no NZ.. :(
Theres no NZ but you still receive streetpasses. (if it's properly working)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: its where the song was found lmao.