Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueLobstah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having some issues on getting scripts to work with a WRT54G v4 using Tomato (shibby). I'm trying to cycle through mac addresses, but I can't even seem to get macs to be set correctly.

My particular scenario is different, because I'm running a virtual wireless off a different bridge so that anyone that connects wouldn't have access to my internal network.

Code:
ifconfig wl0.1 down
ifconfig wl0.1 hw ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
ifconfig wl0.1 up
nvram set wl0.1_hwaddr=4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
nvram commit

At this point everything shows correctly, but if I do a network scan it stills shows that the ssid is broadcasting the old mac address.

If I run...

Code:
wl -i wl0.1 bssid

I still see the old mac address but can't figure out any way to change it. Rebooting seems to work, but that doesn't really solve my problem since I'm also running my internal network on this router. What am I missing, or can I even solve this without rebooting the router?

Rahzadan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure you are using an "ND" or "new driver" build of Tomato. The old wireless driver in older Tomato builds cannot do multiple virtual BSSID's (MACs). With the older driver, all virtual wireless interfaces share the same BSSID as the physical interface. with the "ND" version, you can have seperate BSSID's from the physical one.

BlueLobstah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using an "ND" or "new driver" build of Tomato. The old wireless driver in older Tomato builds cannot do multiple virtual BSSID's (MACs). With the older driver, all virtual wireless interfaces share the same BSSID as the physical interface. with the "ND" version, you can have seperate BSSID's from the physical one.

Yeah, I'm using ND and I know it already works because I can change the mac address of the virtual wireless through Tomato. But I'd like to do that through scripts and also (hopefully) so that the router doesn't reboot everytime I change it.

Rahzadan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried putting the alternate v2 DD-WRT script in the startup script section of Tomato:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
MACS=/tmp/nzone.macs
[ -f $MACS ] || wget -q -O $MACS "http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone?$1"
MACNUM=$(cat $MACS | wc -l)
[ $MACNUM != 0 ] || exit
RANDOM=$(head /dev/urandom | hexdump -d | head -n 1 | cut -c 11-15)
MACNUM=$(($RANDOM%${MACNUM}+1))
MAC=$(head -n $MACNUM $MACS | tail -n 1)
WLINT=$(nvram get wl0_ifname)
APDCNF=/tmp/${WLINT}_hostap.conf
APDPID=/var/run/${WLINT}_hostapd.pid
if [ -e $APDCNF ]; then
kill $(cat $APDPID)
sleep 3
sed -ri s/bssid=.*/bssid=$MAC/ $APDCNF
hostapd -B -P $APDPID $APDCNF
else
ifconfig $WLINT down
ifconfig $WLINT hw ether $MAC
ifconfig $WLINT up
fi

After that, set up a custom scheduled task to run the following custom command every x minutes:

Code:
/tmp/nzone 49,BASE16,GBATEMP

Keep in mind that this probably won't work for the virtual wl0.1 interface. duke_srg has virtual interfaces on his to-do list :)

BlueLobstah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep in mind that this probably won't work for the virtual wl0.1 interface. duke_srg has virtual interfaces on his to-do list :)

Yeah that's kind of why I didn't use his script because it's always using the primary wireless interface.

That's why I was trying to see if I could get it to work with the virtual one. ;-)

Edit: I just checked brctl for the bridge that it is attached to, and it's showing the wrong mac address. Could that have something to do with it?

conker81

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
hi! First thank to you all for this great guide!

im trying to get this to work because i really want to use streetpass but in my country is really difficult to do it out on the streets.
I have installed ubuntu 12 in a virtualbox. The host machine runs windows 7. The virtual machine has bridged internet access through the onboard wifi. i think it gets it as eth0 in ubuntu. I plug this usb dongle http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-nano-usb...-fi-wlan-wireless-network-adapter-black-71905 and set it through virtualbox so ubuntu now sees it as wlan0. I use the method described here. The problem is I get the error 003-1099 when opening Nintendo Zone app in the 3DS, and then error 013-9203 when scanning the zone. It is as if the 3DS is not seeing the attwifi albeit my android phone sees it just fine. When I connect to attwifi using my android phone it connects to the internet fine (i can load any webpage on this attwifi unsecure connection). So i guess the relay is working OK but the problem is the 3DS wont get it right. What should I do??

Runes911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the MAC address of a 7-11 in Japan? Is it possible to get DLC like this? It seems I can get the Best Buy stuff from home, why not the Japanese DLC....

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know the MAC address of a 7-11 in Japan? Is it possible to get DLC like this? It seems I can get the Best Buy stuff from home, why not the Japanese DLC....

SSID:7SPOT
BSSID:
Code:
00:01:8E:D6:29:0F
Sorry if it's not what you're looking for, if you know the SSID you can query wigle.net, this particular one's supposedly in Tokyo.
If that one doesn't work there's also 00:0B:86:7E:8D:01

Ed: according to 3dbrew this SSID isn't in hotspot.conf, so it needs to broadcast encrypted nintendo tag data... which as far as I can tell, we don't have anyway of doing. You could try setting it up as a connection in system settings though.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should also note this strange occurrence I have, where it will say I have 10 streetpasses (in notifications), but when I open Mii Plaza I only get 9 people. Happen to anyone else/just weird glitch?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So I'm having some issues on getting scripts to work with a WRT54G v4 using Tomato (shibby). I'm trying to cycle through mac addresses, but I can't even seem to get macs to be set correctly.
I still see the old mac address but can't figure out any way to change it. Rebooting seems to work, but that doesn't really solve my problem since I'm also running my internal network on this router. What am I missing, or can I even solve this without rebooting the router?

You can try this to install the script on virtual wl0.1 interface. But I'm not sure if DD-WRT is capable of changing MAC on subinterface without changing the main one. Just try
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh; sed -ri s/WLINT=/WLINT=wl0.1/; /chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as it turns out there are apparently instructions for setting up my exact wireless adapter on Raspbian, so I'll see if I can get the working... Hopefully I'll have two more things to add to the "homepass hardware" section of the spreadsheet :-D I'll write my own guide if I find these to be insufficient... they're mentioning compiling and using the realtek driver AND hostapd whereas the adafruit guide only mentioned using hostapd... but maybe that's all you have to do with the RTL8192CU.
I've got a few hours of work set up for me... as I also want to see if I can get either working under win7. but the 8192CU will have to wait til it comes in the mail.

Er, scratch that, damn confusing chipset numbers. RTL8188SU does work for sharing a network in win7 but it does not work with mac changing.
Under Linux the hostapd that needs to be compiled doesnt work with THIS one because its supposed to work with 8192CU or 8188CUS I think it was... not RTL8188SU.
Eh, I've still got the 8192cu to mess with when it gets here.

Put these here for later, I can't confirm either works yet, so buyer beware. there are tutorials online for both chipsets though, so I imagine both would work under linux at least.RTL8188CUS, cheapest I could find, if anyone wants to try it
the cheapest RTL8192CU seems to be adafruit, though wikidevi doesn't seem to have many cheap/oem models listed for them.

JODIsBack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if I've mentioned this already but I've followed Android Guide 1, and when I pick "Auto" for Device it doesn't show the Wi-Fi driver reload options but when I pick Generic ICS/JB (wlan0) it does.

Also I looked for that mac.info file as well as nvmac.info. Neither of them exist, even when looking in ES File Explorer with the hidden files option checked. It's pissing me off because I can't seem to find ANYONE ELSE who doesn't have that file.

I am on kernel version 2.6.35.7, maybe that might have something to do with it?

BlueLobstah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try this to install the script on virtual wl0.1 interface. But I'm not sure if DD-WRT is capable of changing MAC on subinterface without changing the main one. Just try
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh; sed -ri s/WLINT=/WLINT=wl0.1/; /chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh

I already know that won't work because I don't have DD-WRT and hostapd isn't installed.

retrogradesnowcone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the v3 dd-wrt script how do i change how often it goes off / changes a mac? (i'm aware you said it changes based on how many macs are in your list, but this is too often for my tastes) thanks!

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somebody should really add "You will not be able to load the Nintendo Zone App using the Windows 7 method." to the guide.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm back to square one. I had problems with DD WRT so I flashed back to the original firmware. :( The wireless network was having bad connections when two or more devices used the network, no matter if I had one or two SSID and I don't have that problem on the TP-Link firmware (I use a wr741nd v2.4). Does anyone know how to configure it for this setup, so I can use again the homepass?

Internet >> ADSL Modem (Speedtouch 510) >> Wireless Router >> Devices (3DS, Android, Laptop, etc.)

Thanks in advance. :)

Nobody knows? Sorry for bothering you guys... :(

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
in the v3 dd-wrt script how do i change how often it goes off / changes a mac? (i'm aware you said it changes based on how many macs are in your list, but this is too often for my tastes) thanks!

You can get the script, find calculation "8*60" and change the first number with the hours period you like to repeat each MAC. If you are receiving too much streetpasses, just limit the working hours for the sript at cron line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny