[HOW-TO] Have a homemade Streetpass Relay

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by dicamarques, Aug 9, 2013.

?
  1. Linux

90 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Android

132 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. Router

225 vote(s)
    19.5%
  4. Windows

418 vote(s)
    36.3%
  5. A pony with a wifi antenna O.o?

286 vote(s)
    24.8%
  1. dicamarques
    OP

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    On that case it might be a problem on the process

2. jowan

jowan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2008
    Colombia
    Darmstadt
    I don't know if anyone already said this, but you can use the linux method with only one network card, I used the WLAN as the host and eth0
    EDIT: Nevermind, hadn't read the new part of the tutorial

3. xanthux

xanthux Member

Newcomer
    Sep 3, 2012
    United States
    I did follow all the steps. And I double checked to see if I missed anything. So my main problem is the attwifi only appears for a couple of second before disconnecting.

4. The Mystical One

The Mystical One Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    United States
    Assuming win7 method, wireless cards generally don't like to take the MACs of the Nintendo world routers. You would need a DD-WRT flashed router to use those.

5. Tizzy

Tizzy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2013
    Venezuela

That's probably why :\ Oh well, it's not like there aren't enough non-Nintendo World MACs out there.

(That's my way of saying I'll find out how to crack that thing later ;))

6. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Can't wait to test this

7. syrusdark

syrusdark Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    So, just to make sure: homepass works with any MAC address? Say, if I want to make a two-people relay, I can just adjust my phone to have the MAC of the other person?

8. Phanox

Phanox GBAtemp Fan

Jun 24, 2009
    Colombia
    Bogotá
    Can anyone test if you can get a streetpass with my android's mac? Is 00:26:37:75:5E:24

9. SungodKizaru

SungodKizaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2013
    Guys can someone help me with the Windows method, I do everything that is in the guide, I'm using Virtual router in a laptop(conected by ethernet).

Anyway I've tried a bunch of times I create the connection, the 3Ds detects it and the nintendo zone but I can't connect to it at all, I got to connect once in like 4 hours of trying, sometimes it passes the authentication phase other times it doesn't, anyway even after connecting I end up losing the conection after I get otu of settings, I get no streepasses at all.

Does anyone know why I just can't connect? I've used a bunch of diferent macs and I always get an error(most of the times on the authentication like I said above, I just don't understand, everything seems to be fine till the point I connect with the 3DS.

Is it supposed not to connect at all? or the conection should show as successfull?

Tks

10. Tizzy

Tizzy Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2013
    Venezuela
    You can't connect to the NintendoZone from a secured hotspot, which is why the Windows method won't allow you (or anyone, since Virtual Router REQUIRES for a password to be set) to access NintendoZone. However, as long as your Nintendo connects to the internet and says you're in a NintendoZone connection it should be fine.

11. syrusdark

syrusdark Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    I'm connected to it, but nothing shows up here as of yet. Have you ever connected to it using SSID attwifi and an open connection? If not, I'm probably the first to connect to it, so if you do so now you'll find me.

12. BerserkLeon

BerserkLeon Not-so-new member

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    yes, you could set it to FE:FE:FE:FE:FE:FE or whatever you want. as long as your android is able to set the mac, it'll be fine. But that's a rather large stipulation, with how few devices are able to do mac spoofing.

13. syrusdark

syrusdark Member

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Nice. This will be very useful with some friends who are less prone to trying to set something like this up (or unable to do so for any other reason) :P

14. SungodKizaru

SungodKizaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2013
    Thats my issue, I go to the 3DS connection and I can't connect at all, or is it just supposed to appear as a Nintendo zone and I don't even need to connect? from what I read I do have to connect to the attwifi but I can't connect to it, thats my issue, I do know after we connect I'm not supposed to use Nintendo zone at all.

The Virtual Router is supposed to have my 3DS connected to it but it doesn't, sometimes it does and it identifies it as Nintendo but like I said the conection is lost in seconds.

15. dicamarques
    OP

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    Configure the hotspot on your 3ds with the password you set

16. SungodKizaru

SungodKizaru Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2013
    Thats what I'm going why would I use a diferent one Oo.

I go to the settings, searsh for the network, attwifi, put the password I configured it with and I get an error most of the times and when it works its for like 5 seconds.

17. Phanox

Phanox GBAtemp Fan

Jun 24, 2009
    Colombia
    Bogotá

I forgot to configure the network well on my 3DS, then I was supposedly to get your mii, but nothing yet. Maybe is my carrier's network that is not allowing me to do that, I don't know... I have to solve the issue with ddwrt then :(

18. The Mystical One

The Mystical One Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    United States

Is Windows Firewall on? Turn it off. Your connection test should succeed after that, assuming you have your internet connection (local or wireless) shared with your virtual connection.

Also do a ipconfig /all and make sure your virtual wifi connection's physical address (MAC) matches your wireless's (macshifted) Physical address - Some cards do not behave this way and thus don't exactly work (ie: won't get streetpasses from the correct MAC) with this method.

19. triumph01

triumph01 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2013
    Gambia, The
  20. Rahzadan

Rahzadan Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2007
    Canada
    I can confirm v3.1 script is working on Linksys E900 with DD-WRT v24-PreSP2 build 21061

duke_srg likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted