• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jowan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't know if anyone already said this, but you can use the linux method with only one network card, I used the WLAN as the host and eth0
EDIT: Nevermind, hadn't read the new part of the tutorial

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming win7 method, wireless cards generally don't like to take the MACs of the Nintendo world routers. You would need a DD-WRT flashed router to use those.

Tizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Assuming win7 method, wireless cards generally don't like to take the MACs of the Nintendo world routers. You would need a DD-WRT flashed router to use those.

That's probably why :\ Oh well, it's not like there aren't enough non-Nintendo World MACs out there.

(That's my way of saying I'll find out how to crack that thing later ;))

syrusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, just to make sure: homepass works with any MAC address? Say, if I want to make a two-people relay, I can just adjust my phone to have the MAC of the other person?

SungodKizaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys can someone help me with the Windows method, I do everything that is in the guide, I'm using Virtual router in a laptop(conected by ethernet).

Anyway I've tried a bunch of times I create the connection, the 3Ds detects it and the nintendo zone but I can't connect to it at all, I got to connect once in like 4 hours of trying, sometimes it passes the authentication phase other times it doesn't, anyway even after connecting I end up losing the conection after I get otu of settings, I get no streepasses at all.

Does anyone know why I just can't connect? I've used a bunch of diferent macs and I always get an error(most of the times on the authentication like I said above, I just don't understand, everything seems to be fine till the point I connect with the 3DS.

Is it supposed not to connect at all? or the conection should show as successfull?

Tks

Tizzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Guys can someone help me with the Windows method, I do everything that is in the guide, I'm using Virtual router in a laptop(conected by ethernet).

Anyway I've tried a bunch of times I create the connection, the 3Ds detects it and the nintendo zone but I can't connect to it at all, I got to connect once in like 4 hours of trying, sometimes it passes the authentication phase other times it doesn't, anyway even after connecting I end up losing the conection after I get otu of settings, I get no streepasses at all.

Does anyone know why I just can't connect? I've used a bunch of diferent macs and I always get an error(most of the times on the authentication like I said above, I just don't understand, everything seems to be fine till the point I connect with the 3DS.

Is it supposed not to connect at all? or the conection should show as successfull?

Tks

You can't connect to the NintendoZone from a secured hotspot, which is why the Windows method won't allow you (or anyone, since Virtual Router REQUIRES for a password to be set) to access NintendoZone. However, as long as your Nintendo connects to the internet and says you're in a NintendoZone connection it should be fine.

syrusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can anyone test if you can get a streetpass with my android's mac? Is 00:26:37:75:5E:24

I'm connected to it, but nothing shows up here as of yet. Have you ever connected to it using SSID attwifi and an open connection? If not, I'm probably the first to connect to it, so if you do so now you'll find me.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just to make sure: homepass works with any MAC address? Say, if I want to make a two-people relay, I can just adjust my phone to have the MAC of the other person?

yes, you could set it to FE:FE:FE:FE:FE:FE or whatever you want. as long as your android is able to set the mac, it'll be fine. But that's a rather large stipulation, with how few devices are able to do mac spoofing.

syrusdark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, you could set it to FE:FE:FE:FE:FE:FE or whatever you want. as long as your android is able to set the mac, it'll be fine. But that's a rather large stipulation, with how few devices are able to do mac spoofing.

Nice. This will be very useful with some friends who are less prone to trying to set something like this up (or unable to do so for any other reason) :P

SungodKizaru

Trophies
XP
Country
You can't connect to the NintendoZone from a secured hotspot, which is why the Windows method won't allow you (or anyone, since Virtual Router REQUIRES for a password to be set) to access NintendoZone. However, as long as your Nintendo connects to the internet and says you're in a NintendoZone connection it should be fine.

Thats my issue, I go to the 3DS connection and I can't connect at all, or is it just supposed to appear as a Nintendo zone and I don't even need to connect? from what I read I do have to connect to the attwifi but I can't connect to it, thats my issue, I do know after we connect I'm not supposed to use Nintendo zone at all.

The Virtual Router is supposed to have my 3DS connected to it but it doesn't, sometimes it does and it identifies it as Nintendo but like I said the conection is lost in seconds.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Thats my issue, I go to the 3DS connection and I can't connect at all, or is it just supposed to appear as a Nintendo zone and I don't even need to connect? from what I read I do have to connect to the attwifi but I can't connect to it, thats my issue, I do know after we connect I'm not supposed to use Nintendo zone at all.

The Virtual Router is supposed to have my 3DS connected to it but it doesn't, sometimes it does and it identifies it as Nintendo but like I said the conection is lost in seconds.
Configure the hotspot on your 3ds with the password you set

SungodKizaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Configure the hotspot on your 3ds with the password you set

Thats what I'm going why would I use a diferent one Oo.

I go to the settings, searsh for the network, attwifi, put the password I configured it with and I get an error most of the times and when it works its for like 5 seconds.

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm connected to it, but nothing shows up here as of yet. Have you ever connected to it using SSID attwifi and an open connection? If not, I'm probably the first to connect to it, so if you do so now you'll find me.

I forgot to configure the network well on my 3DS, then I was supposedly to get your mii, but nothing yet. Maybe is my carrier's network that is not allowing me to do that, I don't know... I have to solve the issue with ddwrt then :(

The Mystical One

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Is Windows Firewall on? Turn it off. Your connection test should succeed after that, assuming you have your internet connection (local or wireless) shared with your virtual connection.

Also do a ipconfig /all and make sure your virtual wifi connection's physical address (MAC) matches your wireless's (macshifted) Physical address - Some cards do not behave this way and thus don't exactly work (ie: won't get streetpasses from the correct MAC) with this method.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work