• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Got a clue why nzone.exe stopped working in windows. Will update soon with fw 11.1 changes.

upd: Recipe post updated - obsolete country codes removed, only #49 left (USA). No need to reconfigure your working Linux/Router, unavailable list just won't be updated.

Last edited by duke_srg,

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Did the recent patch/update break homepass, I've read somewhere that NZ@McD1 was removed from the SSID list After the update.

Here are some more info on the matter.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Did the recent patch/update break homepass, I've read somewhere that NZ@McD1 was removed from the SSID list After the update.
Here are some more info on the matter.
Yes, there is no more NZ@McD1. And even worse, seems there is no working streetpass relay open SSIDs left in Europe!
Stay tuned, I'm stil checking for the solution.

Reactions: RJCline

RJCline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there is no more NZ@McD1. And even worse, seems there is no working streetpass relay open SSIDs left in Europe!
Stay tuned, I'm stil checking for the solution.
Just when I thought this update couldn't get any worse I now cannot even homepass bleh. God I hope theres a fix for this.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Current situation:
- attwifi still works. Keep in mind there is no much sense using it in Windows, because there is no streetpass data sharing between MACs in the US (attwifi is for US) and you're only limited with streetpasses from users with similar wifi adapter driver since changed MAC altered byt the Windows drivers in most cases.
- NZ@McD1 and many other open SSID from Europe no longer available
- Existing open SSID in Europe do not share streetpass data.
- Encrypted SSID user in nzone.exe no more available

For Linux/Router method you should switch to default SSID attwifi, and remove any numbered list except 49 (the latter is not necessary, obsolete numbered scripts just won't have effect)
For Windows method, I have found only one encrypted SSID which looks like it is sharing streetpass data. Or at least several people already started using it with common MACs. Updated nzone.exe is on its way, I just had a little problem not related to actual streetpass, which I believe will be fixed tonight.

Last edited by duke_srg,
Reactions: zoogie

aquaraider

Trophies
XP
Country
IMO NbaHomePass become popular just because I slacked with nzone.exe when domain name was seized :)
nzone.exe is easy to use and my first homepass try was using it.
but to be honest, nba has other ssid builtin like pokemon center, so not only homepass but can get some rare pokemon by using it. that's why i switched to use it.
anyway, using open-wrt recently, since i could use any macs without windows' restriction.:)

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which MAC addy list should I be using for Spotpass passes? I'm using attwifi and the Extended Prime MACs list from the Homepass Compendium, and I'm getting absolutely no hits. I used to get the odd hit using NZ@McD1, but even then it was only like 3-6 hits over an entire night of running a mac cycler.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
nzone.exe is easy to use and my first homepass try was using it.
but to be honest, nba has other ssid builtin like pokemon center, so not only homepass but can get some rare pokemon by using it. that's why i switched to use it.
anyway, using open-wrt recently, since i could use any macs without windows' restriction.:)
nzone.exe do not have any keys integrated for a security reasons, while NBA does. That may be the cause many SSIDs was disabled with the updated firmware.
Spreading to many SSIDs could take longer time to get the same amount of streetpasses. Technically there is no problem creating any existing WPA-protected Nintendo Zone SSID with nzone.exe, I just limited the usage to one that have a stable StreetPass data exchange. For Nintendo Zone giveaways I could make a time-limited nzone-like application which will work only for a several minutes just to get the Nintendo Zone present to limit the probability of being detected as spoofed and as a result removed from the next hotspot.conf version. There was such releases when Pokemon OR/AS special demo version code was distributed from the european Nintendo Zones and I could quickly make a dedicated one for any sheduled event on request. Just to limit possibility of the WPA key spreading to public.

Which MAC addy list should I be using for Spotpass passes? I'm using attwifi and the Extended Prime MACs list from the Homepass Compendium, and I'm getting absolutely no hits. I used to get the odd hit using NZ@McD1, but even then it was only like 3-6 hits over an entire night of running a mac cycler.
First, update to fw11.1 and forget about NZ@McD1, otherwise sooner or later you'll stop getting any streetpasses.
If you're using Linux/Router - use attwifi open SSID, preferably with the MAC list from the google document fot attwifi - this case you will most probably get streetpasses from people passing real Nintendo Zone hotspots.
If you're on Windows - patience please, I'll update the script soon with new WPA-protected SSID, which should work fine as a StreetPass relay.

Last edited by duke_srg,

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, update to fw11.1 and forget about NZ@McD1, otherwise sooner or later you'll stop getting any streetpasses.
If you're using Linux/Router - use attwifi open SSID, preferably with the MAC list from the google document fot attwifi - this case you will most probably get streetpasses from people passing real Nintendo Zone hotspots.
If you're on Windows - patience please, I'll update the script soon with new WPA-protected SSID, which should work fine as a StreetPass relay.

I'm using Android, actually. Super awesome work on the Windows one, btw, with your creation of nzone. Just, for my uses, Android is much more convenient. Which MAC list from the google document do you mean? There's the one on the main page of it with just 16 different addresses, but there are different tabs at the bottom with different MAC lists.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm using Android, actually. Super awesome work on the Windows one, btw, with your creation of nzone. Just, for my uses, Android is much more convenient. Which MAC list from the google document do you mean? There's the one on the main page of it with just 16 different addresses, but there are different tabs at the bottom with different MAC lists.
If you need just few MACs - only MAC from official Nintendo Zone SSIDs for attwifi. For more - unknown SSID '???' could be also used.
If you set BASE* MACs, you'll only able to get streetpass data from the other people did the same. If you set the actual physical MAC the existing Nintendo Zone hotspot, you'll get streetpass data also from the real people passing that hotspot.
Windows can't change MAC to the physical one, and in most cases even can't set the exact one, so users are only limited to have streetpass data within one of the sevaral groups of Windows users with the similar wireless adapter vendor/driver.

ibigfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you need just few MACs - only MAC from official Nintendo Zone SSIDs for attwifi. For more - unknown SSID '???' could be also used.
If you set BASE* MACs, you'll only able to get streetpass data from the other people did the same. If you set the actual physical MAC the existing Nintendo Zone hotspot, you'll get streetpass data also from the real people passing that hotspot.
Windows can't change MAC to the physical one, and in most cases even can't set the exact one, so users are only limited to have streetpass data within one of the sevaral groups of Windows users with the similar wireless adapter vendor/driver.
Oh okay cool, I think I follow. I'll try that out, thank you very very much! The google document made it seem like attwifi is no longer recognized as a Nintendo Zone at all. I'm still not certain on what exactly "BASE* MACs" are, but I think I can suss that out with some more research. Thanks so much!

tommikinder

Trophies
XP
Country
I realy hope NBAHomepass gets fixed, it's the only method I have got to work and it saddens me that the new firmware update breaks it. I was enjoying playing the new Streetpass games and filling up my Plaza.

Reactions: RJCline

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I am able to use NZ@McD and still get passes using dd-wrt method using one of the primary macs! :)
And also was able to do android passes via attwifi with the primary mac using Street Riilay app :D

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I am able to use NZ@McD and still get passes using dd-wrt method using one of the primary macs! :)
And also was able to do android passes via attwifi with the primary mac using Street Riilay app :D
Have you updated 3DS to fw 11.1?
attwifi should work anyway. NZ@McD was always WPA-protected and now looks like the only one working in Windows. If you're talking about NZ@McD1, then it is removed in fw 11.1.

Last edited by duke_srg,
Reactions: Sev501
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!