Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
that's the adapter I saw and wanted to try yo , you'll tell me man if it works or not ^^.

But now I need to use a virtual machine just for streetpasses?.... I don't see it much of a problem but I wonder if I should invest in the wifi adapter since nintendo may screw it up even more...

Also .... how would one do mac filter for only letting the 3ds thru?

arcadiaware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, still not working.

To anyone in this thread, using the Windows 7/8 method what WiFi adapters have you had current success with?

UPDATE: Was recommended this webpage & directed to this section between FAQ & Troubleshooting:

dAn1tF1.png

If I succeed or not with this adapter I will try to let this thread know.
Registered to confirm, the TL-WN725N works. Oddly enough it took a day or two to work for me. So if it doesn't do it right away don't despair. It worked on firmware 9.4 and 9.5. I'm currently using it on Windows 7. Have not tried it on 8/8.1

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Registered to confirm, the TL-WN725N works. Oddly enough it took a day or two to work for me. So if it doesn't do it right away don't despair. It worked on firmware 9.4 and 9.5. I'm currently using it on Windows 7. Have not tried it on 8/8.1

Are you doing mac filter too?

Jhunter1185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I am sorry if this has been answered already--I tried searching for it, but I am pretty computer illiterate, so I might have missed it.

Anyway, the attwifi shows up on my 3DS XL just fine, but when I try to connect, it keeps asking me for a password. So I tried entering the connection manually without a password, and it still won't connect. (I think because it's still asking for a password.)

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I am sorry if this has been answered already--I tried searching for it, but I am pretty computer illiterate, so I might have missed it.

Anyway, the attwifi shows up on my 3DS XL just fine, but when I try to connect, it keeps asking me for a password. So I tried entering the connection manually without a password, and it still won't connect. (I think because it's still asking for a password.)

What method are you using, windows or linux? If it's Windows, you put the password in your configuration (key=xxxxxx) - that's your password.

Jhunter1185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using Windows. But when you say configuration, do you mean during the setup of the connection on my 3DS?

Edit: Wow, I am a huge idiot. It didn't click that key= would be my password until after you said something.

Thanks!

Jhunter1185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got the connection working finally. But now I am at a loss for how to get the actual StreetPass's--even with the second guide. Everything seems to be working, but I am not getting any SP's.

25rz5h0.png

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got the connection working finally. But now I am at a loss for how to get the actual StreetPass's--even with the second guide. Everything seems to be working, but I am not getting any SP's.

25rz5h0.png

You don't need virtual router running at all, and it looks like you're using attwifi. You need to change that to the NZ@McD1 if you're running 9.2 or higher firmware.

Jhunter1185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoo, I think it's working. But I only got two Mii's, in about ten minutes, and the StreePass green light only showed up once. Is that normal?

Edit: Never mind, it is cycling through more and I am getting more SP's, but never a full ten yet. Seems to be about four a time. And man, I feel like I am never going to get all my puzzle pieces, haha. I keep getting new panels off these new Mii's. I need something like 1200 pieces.

P.S. Thank you for all your help!

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoo, I think it's working. But I only got two Mii's, in about ten minutes, and the StreePass green light only showed up once. Is that normal?

Edit: Never mind, it is cycling through more and I am getting more SP's, but never a full ten yet. Seems to be about four a time. And man, I feel like I am never going to get all my puzzle pieces, haha. I keep getting new panels off these new Mii's. I need something like 1200 pieces.

P.S. Thank you for all your help!

No problem,

This method was a lot better a few weeks ago but then it broke for a lot of people, myself included (check earlier in this thread for my fix). I think that's the reason for lower SP's. I'm not getting many more either unless I let it sit for about 20-30 minutes.

Jhunter1185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting a steady 2-9 SP's now. Though it averages more in the below 5 range. But still, I have gotten about 100 SP's since it started running a couple hours ago--which is a huge improvement over no SP's at all, lol.

I also seem to be getting the same Mii's a lot. But I guess it doesn't really matter, since they still give me stuff.

For anyone curious, I am using the Glacier Gaming guide linked above and Windows 7.

Jhunter1185

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to have stopped working somewhat. I now have to manually start the nzone.exe each time. Otherwise it stops giving me SP's. Or is this the 8 hour limit thing coming into play?

badnat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone post a mirror for the nzone.exe file? The link has been dead for days on glaciergaming.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any Idea what Nzone.exe uses as password for Wifi? :P

EDIT: Homepass Ubuntu -> Any way to get the Root Password? So we can install own drivers?
It is quite easy I think to install driver for own WLAN Device.

Súl Nathair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone post a mirror for the nzone.exe file? The link has been dead for days on glaciergaming.

Try again, if worked for me today, although my Kaspersky Antivirus kept trying to delete it before I could do anything with it.

Adapter arrived & I can confirm TP-LINK TL-WN725N works, I followed all the steps exactly on the Glacier Gaming guide on my Windows 8.1 & I'm homepassing now. Only issue is that my Kaspersky Antivirus keep wanting to delete the files involed, even after I made exclusion rules. Had to turn off protection for 30mins just to do it, when done I got about 5 hits on my 2DS then 4 hits a little while later.

I just need to fix Kaspersky going nutty on me & then it's fine.

So to confirm, the Glacier Gaming guide worked using a TP-LINK TL-WN725N 150Mbps Wireless-N Nano USB Adapter on a Windows 8.1 operating system that Homepasses to a Nintendo 2DS (Gen 1).

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The whole * * * * * /usr/sbin/nzone BASE256,GBATEMP part doesn't apply with the script I provided. Everything seems like it should be, do you get internet on any wireless device if you use the wifi of that router as your AP?

Ohhh and by the way, did you restart cron at the system->startup tab?

Hi Koldur,

THanks again for your previous help.

I had to reset my router and bridge the interface

Since then, i can't homepass because the router itself seems to have dns issue.

Whenever i try to ping outside (example : Google.fr), i get a "bad address" error

I did add my Gateway and Google dns as dns server tho.

Here are the result of my /etc/config/network :

config interface 'loopback'
option ifname 'lo'
option proto 'static'
option ipaddr '127.0.0.1'
option netmask '255.0.0.0'
config globals 'globals'
option ula_prefix 'fda2:232d:6ade::/48'
config interface 'lan'
option force_link '1'
option type 'bridge'
option proto 'static'
option netmask '255.255.255.0'
option ip6assign '60'
option ipaddr '192.168.1.2'
option gateway '192.168.1.1'
option _orig_ifname 'eth0 radio0.network1'
option _orig_bridge 'true'
option ifname 'eth0 eth1'
option dns '192.168.1.1 8.8.8.8'

config interface 'wan'
option proto 'dhcp'
option type 'bridge'
option _orig_ifname 'eth1'
option _orig_bridge 'true'
option ifname 'eth1'
config interface 'wan6'
option ifname '@wan'
option proto 'dhcpv6'
config switch
option name 'switch0'
option reset '1'
option enable_vlan '1'
config switch_vlan
option device 'switch0'
option vlan '1'
option ports '0 1 2 3 4'

By the way, i tried to edit the interface "wan" but it wasn't a good idea since I couldn't connect to the Router :D

Any idea ?

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
have an old 3DS and N3DS and TP-link model TL-WN823 USB dongle.

nzone.vbs worked once on N3DS then stopped giving passes.

Tried nzone.exe after. Worked once on N3DS then stopped giving passes.

Neither gave passes on old 3DS, but both the consoles are giving passes to each other and can connect online with the nzone app in the consoles.

How do I fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?