Not open for further replies.

retrotheorist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it will work.

Sorry to bother you again. I have two more questions.

First, how do I stop nzone from running? I ask because my wireless internet disconnects intermittently while it's running, so I'd like to turn off nzone while I'm browsing the internet.

Second, according to this spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvvH5W4E2lIwdEFCUkxrM085ZGp0UkZlenp6SkJablE#gid=0), some mac addresses are better suited for certain games, e.g. Pokemon ORAS. Is there some way to restrict nzone to those specific mac addresses?

Thanks for all the work you have put into this!

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
retrotheorist

nzone.exe stop
nzone.exe start
No, you won't be able to visit those MACs and SSIDs from Windows since 3DS firmware 9.3.0. You'll be able to get all games streetpass data anyway.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was their own version, it would work at home without the need for additional hardware. It's just like the National, just opening the relay so it scrambles all the MACs together from those countries. You still actually need to hit a Nintendo Zone or make your own.

For Homepass users, what it really means is that all the macs used for special purposes (such as individual games, Shirt colors, Genders, or the one I posted here for the Eon Ticket) are effectively scrambled until the promotion ends, and then need to be reseeded back to their original intent.

D4rkDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, so, I managed to use nzone.exe, and my 3DS now recognizes the Nintendo Zone, and the Nintendo Zone Viewer even works now!
But, I still don't get any StreetPass, and my MAC address doesn't change (but as you said earlier, the 9.3 FW modified how the console recognizes MAC addresses).

If needed, here's the result of maccheck.cmd:
Realtek Semiconductor Corp.,Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter,PCI\VEN_10
EC&DEV_8179&SUBSYS_197D103C&REV_01\4&2E3C5434&0&0020,RTW
lanE

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, if I was to install the Debian image containing the HomePass script on my laptop (somehow), would I be able to use the laptop's wireless card instead of an USB dongle ?

Thanks, and sorry for annoying you again.

kaliflower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting homepass set up. I had it work for ONE single streepass but now I can't get it to work at all.
My 3DS has the latest firmware and I'm trying to use a wireless usb adapter (http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-150Mbps-Raspberry-Supports/dp/B003MTTJOY) and I got it to detect as a nintendo zone a few times, but now I'm having trouble. I have it set to attwifi and all that, and the ipv4 is set up right, but it won't detect the Nintendo Zone anymore. The one time I did have it it only picked up one single streetpass with MACycle, but after that nothing was working. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or if there's a better way to set this up.

Deathslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
D4rkDragon
No you can only use a USB adapter which can presented to a virtual machine.

Hi Duke_srg , Im a long time lurker but decided to make an account just to ask some help , do you mind making a guide with images for the VMware method? I have a USB wifi adapter and I been using that with maccycle for homepass previously and now even that is not possible. So from what I read or understand atleast , that i can still try to make homepass work with the VMware method. Please do help D: would be so grateful.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi Duke_srg , Im a long time lurker but decided to make an account just to ask some help , do you mind making a guide with images for the VMware method? I have a USB wifi adapter and I been using that with maccycle for homepass previously and now even that is not possible. So from what I read or understand atleast , that i can still try to make homepass work with the VMware method. Please do help D: would be so grateful.
I'll try to make a video really quickly :)

EDIT: Done :)

Tell me what you think.

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for all Windows users who can't use native Windows method (nzone.exe/nzone.vbs) but have a separate USB wireless adapter for homepass:
1. Download and install VMWare Player
2. Download and decompress a Debian image with hompass preconfigured (nzone linux script)
3. Plug your USB wireless adapter
4. Click on the Homepass.vmx to run virtual machine
5. In VMWare player menu select Player - Removeble Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
6. If you was not quick (most probably) then virtual machine is already booted without wireless interface properly initialized, so just click Player - Power - Reset
You should not preconfigure any of access points as only open SSIDs are used and WPA security is not enabled

I was thinking for a while about this method but a VM might dry up most of my ressources.

Or using my Ubuntu server

Deathslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'll try to make a video really quickly :)

EDIT: Done :)

Tell me what you think.

homepass.png

So I tried and the network didn't appear in any of my devices. The USB adapter i am using is TPLINK - TL-WN727N . Any solutions?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
SaebaRyo This Debian VM requires <700Mb of HDD space and only 80Mb of RAM. And CPU consumption is very low.

Deathslayer have you tried to reboot from this point? Just hit CTRL+ALT+INSERT to reboot a VM. If it will not help to initialize wlan0, then try this:
- disconnect the adapter from the VM and reinsert it
- reboot VM
- insert the adapter and present it to the VM, while looking at the system log, it will show the problems if any.
I inserted all available firmware drivers for a wide range of USB adapters, don't think TPLink have used something exotical

Deathslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
SaebaRyo This Debian VM requires <700Mb of HDD space and only 80Mb of RAM. And CPU consumption is very low.

Deathslayer have you tried to reboot from this point? Just hit CTRL+ALT+INSERT to reboot a VM. If it will not help to initialize wlan0, then try this:
- disconnect the adapter from the VM and reinsert it
- reboot VM
- insert the adapter and present it to the VM, while looking at the system log, it will show the problems if any.
I inserted all available firmware drivers for a wide range of USB adapters, don't think TPLink have used something exotical

homepass.png I did what you told me to do , this is what i got from it . :(

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, I have tried to reset while the device was present as-well. I got the same error.
Ok, then now reboot once more, press ALT+F1, login with root/notforall and run ifconfig
if now only eth0 and lo is present and no wlan0, then also run one by one
ls /proc/bus/usb
lshw | grep USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol