Netherlands

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
OK, So I did this.
Windows instructions:
Warning: if you have several wireless adapters, disable all but one
- check your wireless adapter actually support MAC change, navigate to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck.cmd (If you can't download, check your browser/antivirus security) and save maccheck.cmd script to the desired location (I'll use C:\ here and further for simplification)
- open Start -> Accessories -> Command Prompt <Right-click> -> Run as administrator
- in a Command prompt window execute:
C:\maccheck.cmd
- in 2-3 minutes the script will perform a check with several wireless adapter disconnections, depending on the result you can proceed further on this instruction. In case the script reported all zeroes in a row below the wireless adapter info, your adapter can't change MAC. Anyway you may PM me the complete result, as we need more statistics to improve your possible homepass quality.
Warning: Atheros-based wireless adapters driver may end up with the BSOD while starting hosted network with changed MAC
Warning: only BASE1,BASE16,BASE256 lists can be used with Windows script version
- navigate to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install and save nzone.exe file to the desired location
- open Start -> Accessories -> Command Prompt <Right-click> -> Run as administrator
C:\nzone.exe start BASE256
Warning: Web Browser service is not accessible with this Nintendo Zone access point
- wait for the Homepass
Older Windows script version compatible with 3DS firmware <9.2.0 only
Warning: only BASE1,BASE16,BASE256 lists can be used with Windows script version
- navigate to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install and save nzone.vbs script to the desired location
C:\nzone.vbs start BASE256
- in your 3DS connection settings find a new access points with SSID "NZ@McD1" and register it with the password "nintendozone" (access point test must succeed, Internet access test may fail)
Warning: eShop and Web Browser services are not accessible with SSID "NZ@McD1"
- check the Internet access by launching Nintendo Zone application, it must load Nintendo Zone web page (as for now it is the Pokemon ORAS demo download page with error in German)
- wait for the Homepass.
I got a streetpass a couple days ago, but that was it. I haven't gotten any since.
Please tell me what information you need.

I have Windows 7. Norton 360. If it would be less annoyance for you, I can send you a PM. Cause I have no clue who else can help me with this.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 218

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm going to make a VMware image with Debian and preinstalled homepass, this should work fine for any Windows/MAC with the minimum knowledge and debugging, also allowing no MAC address limitation, but may require a dedicated wireless adapter.

Reactions: MichiS97

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to make a VMware image with Debian and preinstalled homepass, this should work fine for any Windows/MAC with the minimum knowledge and debugging, also allowing no MAC address limitation, but may require a dedicated wireless adapter.
You sir, are a god among men. And you should have your own holiday.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So, for all Windows users who can't use native Windows method (nzone.exe/nzone.vbs) but have a separate USB wireless adapter for homepass:
1. Download and install VMWare Player
2. Download and decompress a Debian image with hompass preconfigured (nzone linux script)
3. Plug your USB wireless adapter
4. Click on the Homepass.vmx to run virtual machine
5. In VMWare player menu select Player - Removeble Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
6. If you was not quick (most probably) then virtual machine is already booted without wireless interface properly initialized, so just click Player - Power - Reset
You should not preconfigure any of access points as only open SSIDs are used and WPA security is not enabled

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, for all Windows users who can't use native Windows method (nzone.exe/nzone.vbs) but have a separate USB wireless adapter for homepass:
1. Download and install VMWare Player
2. Download and decompress a Debian image with hompass preconfigured (nzone linux script)
3. Plug your USB wireless adapter
4. Click on the Homepass.vmx to run virtual machine
5. In VMWare player menu select Player - Removeble Devices - <Your wireless adapter name> - Connect (Disconnect from host)
6. If you was not quick (most probably) then virtual machine is already booted without wireless interface properly initialized, so just click Player - Power - Reset
You should not preconfigure any of access points as only open SSIDs are used and WPA security is not enabled
Thank you very much for this!
What do I have to enter for Homepass Login?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...