Hacking How to get rid of downloaded update?

ryokoseigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It turns out I left my new 3dsXLwith its wifi on and i got the update downloaded, is there a way to remove the download from my 3DS?
(no gateway atm)
Also does the process of installing gateway erase this download anyways?

Lastly- aside from turning wifi off in system nand, is there any way to prevent it from downloading at all?
I keep hearing the -turn parental controls on thing, but does this require a specific setting enabled? And doesnt that just make it impossible to click update without typing the pin in, and not prevent the download itself?

If im stuck with the nag, meh I can deal with it, but would be nice to stop it.
Also if the only answer is you have to flash it, nag will have to do...

Mitch2025

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
turn on parental controls so you dont accidentally install it because there is no way to remove it short of a system format (at this time). What I did was wait until EmuNAND was released, backup my nand and convert it to emunand so I still have all my info and then formatted the original.

ryokoseigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what exactly is a system format? Is that something you can do normally on a 3DS, or is this something special?

My 3DS is brand new and thus has nothing that can't be erased, so if its a non gateway/non flashing thing I'd totally just do that.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
On system settings on the other settings part, you can format the console, it's an official thing. If you do it you won't have anymore the update nag, but you will lose all your data.

ryokoseigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im a bit confused, I just tested where the update download is stored by taking my memory card out and loading up the settings> update button. It said it didnt need to download to update still. If its not on the SD card then where the heck is it? I assume the format still deletes that file wherever the heck its store?

Also thanks, I will try that, I have no data to lose so its all good.

Edit-
Formatted without SD card, and the update is indeed on the 3ds itself... How much internal memory does the 3ds even have?

my2k2zx2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my ambassador stuff on the SD card. If I do a system format, will the games show back up when I put the SD card back in?

Would also like to get rid of that nag on my 4.5 XL.

ryokoseigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can confirm that the data on the SD card did NOT transfer even though i took the SD card out when I formatted. So it seems the files that were on the cart from the factory- in my case dinosaur something and some note app did NOT get kept even though the card wasnt formatted. I assuming these files were linked directly to the firmware hence they cant be accessed with a refresh.

I can only assume this stands true for the ambassador stuff too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1