we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
mtrhd said:
Could those who have nfsu working tell me-are you running pal2pal,pal2ntsc forced,ntsc to ntsc?i have ntsc and i have tried everything.all burning software,memorex and verbatum dvds.from 3x to 16x all work the same except 4x was the best by maybe 5% difference.all on gamma.pro street works but not nfsu how ironic(larger and not to mentoin awful game,but not the good one)i actually have a lot of skipping on the pc version as well but it is acceptable.the pc game is nothing like the much better wii version.

I have both copies PAL and NTSC-U and they both work well, blickbloked or not, 002 patched or not, maybe you have a bad rip...!!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
georgecoat said:
I noticed falling screen in several games. For example Far Cry Vengeance is PAL, changed PAL-NTSC in WiU1.1 and patched to 249 IOS works perfect without any force. On the other hand MOH 5 Vanguard is PAL too, changed PAL-NTSC shows falling screen, but when forced NTSC it works OK (strange, already patched to NTSC). Then there are Tak: Guardians of Gross, Call of Duty 3, Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity and Popstar Guitar that are also PAL, and they show falling screen too, when NTSC forced they show green screen.
My Wii is NTSC -U, I have downgraded from 3.4 to 3.2, full starfall installed, gamma launcher 002 fixed.

Some of the region patchers are crap as they only change the information from which region a disc is. If you can play your patched games with force ntsc from a loader they would work too with a completely untouched copy. This patching is a very old feature for modchips which can't do this, and Gecko OS was not available same as starfall region free hacks at this time.

If you can play a game with PAL, but get falling screen and with force ntsc you get a freeze, then the game doesn't contain the ntsc video mode code. You have to patch it inside.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey NFS guys - are you CERTAIN that it's working 100%?

I had absolutely zero issues (correction - zero "gameplay affecting" issues!) with the game until I got about 20% into it (played it straight for 2 days over a weekend). I own it (I used to work for a certian gaming company and got employee deals) but I always prefer to use backups rather than originals for longevity of the media.

I don't have a dvd reader that can rip wii discs and with the prevalence of downloadable versions I've never bother trying to rip it from the wii itself, but at the moment I couldn't tell ya if it's ntsc or pal. I just know it runs on my ntsc wii (but I use a loader with force ntsc enabled). I could try running the backup again tonight without force ntsc which might tell me if it's pal or not.

For those with "most wanted" experience, I get the equivalent of about 2 or 3 boss battles into it before I get this happening constantly through one of the toll booth races. I HAVE managed to pass the problem in the backup version (out of spite... was curious to see if it could be done) by pausing the game every time I turn a corner and see missing buildings (have to pause fast though) and waiting until disc reads are done and the buildings suddenly appear while in the pause menu. Then you resume and race again for a few seconds until it happens again. Took a long time (2 hours of experimenting for that one race) but it was an interesting find.

Definitely though the problem with my backup copy is that it simply can't read the media fast enough in that one race/city combo - it has constant seek drive head reading but doesn't sound particularly broken or anything, just sounds like that one set of data is very split up across the dvd surface.

Not saying it couldn't be the media (DVD readers can sometimes sly the seek motor around a lot when having trouble reading one part of the disc), and I'm definitely interested in hearing if others have gotten past the first 2 or 3 toll booth races without a glitch. If so then it proves that it's not the game as much as some variable in our different systems that we might be able to figure out. In all I had to run about 15 or so races before this problem race came up (and it's consistent).

I might see if I can find a one-off verbatim disc to buy or something, I always use cheap discs these days (and have zero problems all the time) but NFS was burned on fuji - decent discs for sure (silver looking write-side, nice!).

hope that's helpful info for the "my nfs works 100%" guys to compare against.

Cheers,
dkelley

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ps - I never bothered using the backup version past that one troublesome race since I own the real game, I just play it instead which is awesome. MUCH faster reads, considerably fewer dvd seek head sounds through races.

the problem did occur in earlier races from the backup version as well but wasn't really detrimental to my winning the races until that one very bad example.

the original has no issues at all. popup is sort of like older NFS games - you can see it sometimes but it's nothing new, it's the codebase and it's part of the NFS franchise. Most wanted and carbon had less of it (but this game is more fun to me), but it doesn't cause a problem with gameplay except in the backup version for me.

dkelley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dang - forgot to check to see if my NFS works without forcentsc enabled last night!

tonight then... :-)

fflakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a modchip but it has the 002 error when I boot from the disc channel.

Do you guys recommend getting SoftChip/Gamma or just patching the iso before burning to get around it.

For now I tried the Gamma002fix and it worked, just curious for the long term. I havne't really been following all the cIOS bit, I'm still at 3.3U.

Thanks.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you are trying to play NFS:U first try installing the IOS55, if that doesn't work then search for the CIOScorp pack and install the cIOS55, and that will solve it, ModChip users don't need to use a loader (except for GeckOS)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fflakes said:
Hi, I have a modchip but it has the 002 error when I boot from the disc channel.

Do you guys recommend getting SoftChip/Gamma or just patching the iso before burning to get around it.

For now I tried the Gamma002fix and it worked, just curious for the long term. I havne't really been following all the cIOS bit, I'm still at 3.3U.

Thanks.

I would recommend you Gecko OS with 002 fix or SoftChip set to IOS36 with 002 option enabled, if installing IOS38, IOS53 and IOS55 doesn't work. These IOS should all be on all 002 games.

fflakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, now that I've used the Gamma002fix, does that mean it has already installed a cIOS in my system? Can I just delete this off the sd card or do I need to use the Alldelete?sp program?

Secondly, how do you install the GeckoOS fix? I see a *.dol, a *.wad, and bin folder/data folder. Which one do I put into the HBC? THANKS!

I'm actually trying to play a japanese game, and it seems that just installing IOS wouldn't work anyways.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fflakes said:
First of all, now that I've used the Gamma002fix, does that mean it has already installed a cIOS in my system? Can I just delete this off the sd card or do I need to use the Alldelete?sp program?

Secondly, how do you install the GeckoOS fix? I see a *.dol, a *.wad, and bin folder/data folder. Which one do I put into the HBC? THANKS!

I'm actually trying to play a japanese game, and it seems that just installing IOS wouldn't work anyways.

If Gamma works you have a cIOS installed, you can delete that if you want, but you need one of the most dangerous programs around to to that: AnyTitleDeleter. The cIOS is a system title, it's IOS249. About Gecko OS, just put the .bol as boot.dol in an own folder under /apps/ on your sd card and run it from the HBC, there is no need to install it. Some japanese games require that you force japanese language in the loader, try this.

botman001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a little trouble with Bleach Vs. Crusade on this 002 error. I followed instructions to the letter and it works fine on my softmod. My problem is when I try to use my mod chip. I chose to fix the ISO before burning and when I loaded it on the Wii I got a system update screen. I tried BrickBlocker on it and re-burned. Now it freezes just as before. Was just wondering if anybody else ran into this problem and if there are any solutions. Thanks for all the info.

fflakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
fflakes said:

If Gamma works you have a cIOS installed, you can delete that if you want, but you need one of the most dangerous programs around to to that: AnyTitleDeleter. The cIOS is a system title, it's IOS249. About Gecko OS, just put the .bol as boot.dol in an own folder under /apps/ on your sd card and run it from the HBC, there is no need to install it. Some japanese games require that you force japanese language in the loader, try this.

That's weird, I don't think I ever installed a cIOS, I just used the loader linked on the first page of this thread. Is there a possibility that the Gamma002fix works without a cIOS?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, it always call for IOS249, wich is a cIOS version of IOS36, maybe you are using GeckOS or SoftChip instead of Gamma Launcher....!!!
smile.gif

fflakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
No, it always call for IOS249, wich is a cIOS version of IOS36, maybe you are using GeckOS or SoftChip instead of Gamma Launcher....!!!
smile.gif

I did install Gecko Region Free a while back, not the GeckoOS1.7b. Did that contain the cIOS? Cuz when I load Gamma002 it says it's using IOS36 (not IOS249).

Also, can someone tell me how to install the Gecko1.7b version? There are a bunch of files in the zip, do I drag all of them in the apps folder?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
then you don't have cIOS249 installed, if GeckOS 1.7b is an app then it has to be like:

SD:/apps/geckos1.7b/boot.dol

That's it...!!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi