Hacking how to fix a bricked wii with bootmii installed

linkiscool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i installed bootmii and made a nand backup...however when i bricked my wii trying to install new homebrew channel version its saying" backup is for a diffrent wii"....my wii menu is also corupt going to a black screen telleing me "files are corrup....go see troubleshoting manuel etc"

is there anyway to get things working....i have a 3.2U wii and bootmii installed as boot2...but when i try to load anything from sd card menu it takes me back to bootmii screen...does it take a weird type of file cause all i have are boot.dol

and please dont tell me to search....i have for past hour and found nothing that helped

uimy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, first of all what did you install to cause the brick a wad? if so why not use preloader + wad manger to uninstall that wad assuming it's not a system IOS! About the nand backup not working it's a bug in older versions of bootmii you can fix the backup with the following:

Copy paste the NAND backup into another folder first

Taken from http://bugs.hackmii.com/index.php?do=details&task_id=199

Windows:
1) Start -> Run -> cmd
2) Find the drive letter of your SD card, for example, F:.
3) Type this, replace the X with the drive letter: cd X:\
4) Type this: copy /b nand.bin + keys.bin nand.bin
5) ?????
6) PROFIT!!!

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if your hbc is not working, then you'll need to use the cboot2 approach. there was another topic started in this very subforum on this last night. i haven't looked but it's probably a few threads away from yours. it provides instructions.

sorry for not being able to say specifically what to do. but you do need to search about this now. i've never done it personally, so i don't have any experience

OK

edit: also, nand restore is a last measure. as long as you've got bootmii and don't tamper with boot2, you'll be very well off to try the cboot2 approach.

linkiscool

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i got a .tgz file from goggle....but i have no way to run it on my wii and i cant find any guide on how to use it... is there a step by step guide to it im missing....

i cant get to homebrew channel or wii menu and my nand backup was corrupted somehow
frown.gif

all i can do is bootmiis sd feature so is it still possable to fix?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill