Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

Insanity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, I did everything that was posted on the first page but I'm getting a "Game could not be read" text as soon as I start the game. Please helps guys, I really want to play this game
cry.gif

Snakkii

Trophies
XP
Country
Will this work on a European Wii with 3.2E update (updated with internet). I run the patch to play this on PAL on the 8 gb file and then i unscrambled and did like this guide.
Will it work on PAL or this make the wii to crash?

sebcle38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes it work on pal wii, but it is necessary to put the wii on 50hz before,
Once the game is launched, go to options (grafics) to desactivate the red "on" and make it to "off"
Then you can reboot your wii and change again your wii parameters, but to 60hz this time
happy.gif
!!

So after when you run the game, there will be a black screen for 10-15seconds, but after the game run perfectly with 60hz grafics on pal wii ^^

An Classic mode work greatly
happy.gif

Ramono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now matter how many times i do it, the MD5 seems to be something else every time.
Right now its on "3BB52F9F2EC8B5C285FDEB44EB84C0EA"
Also, when i start adventure mode the screen goes black and stays there.

Am I doing something wrong here?

RGadelha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Your untouched Wiizard iso must be: md5 d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087
After WiiScrubber it must be: md5 e56e8a51148e711996bd9ffc4e779244
After Trucha with Wiifiend's v1.1 must be: md5 c7ce418f409673f3fb1209f1c098e958

Edit: values obtained with hkSFV.

Snakkii

Trophies
XP
Country
I tested this on my PAL machine now. I skipped to mod the 01-00 etc files because trucha keep crash when im in the 15-(didnt remember) file. I let it update and i goes close to the end then i get a black screen that say i need to remove the disc and restart my Wii. Now i start my wii again and put in my disc and the same thing appears again
frown.gif

bajeezy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i followed wiifiend's original instructions and made my own dvd5 but i read that people cannot finish SSE with it.
so which of these patches do i download if i only want to finish SSE?
don't need the error fix 001.

AT_Kuriboh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wii 3.1E
Wiikey 1.9? (yeah, I don't know which one)
WiiZARD ISO
Verbatim DVD-R
IMGburn @ 4x

vv_'s fix
Prophet's update INF
#001 fix
Regionfrii
Played in 60hz

the game didn't ask for a update since I played the Japanese version before

Finished SSE, unlocked all characters, finished Classic with nearly all characters, and more stuff
most of the movies are replaced but some are still there

Everything has worked perfect and I haven't gotten a single error, freeze or anything so far

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bajeezy said:
i followed wiifiend's original instructions and made my own dvd5 but i read that people cannot finish SSE with it.
so which of these patches do i download if i only want to finish SSE?
don't need the error fix 001.

Use vv_'s latest ftb.bin or the xdelta iso patch I posted for it. If PAL, you may need other patches as well.

Insanity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, nevermind what I said. I applied Brick Blocker and it worked! Online seems to be messed up though, I can't find anyone online and when I do it keeps saying "Your connection with opponent has been lost" or something. Is there any problem with online?

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insanity said:
Hmm, nevermind what I said. I applied Brick Blocker and it worked! Online seems to be messed up though, I can't find anyone online and when I do it keeps saying "Your connection with opponent has been lost" or something. Is there any problem with online?

provided you used abc99's patcher, online SHOULD work. i myself haven't tested it out, but spectator mode works well. i've tried setting up my own game with no success, but i have no clue how to join a random battle...i chock that up to the less-than-stellar Nintendo WFC. overtime, hopefully online gets better.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insanity said:

I don't know if you're in the US or a PAL user. Anyway, if you try to get online during primetime (and I would guess during the weekends it'll be harder). I was finally able to get connected online somewhere around midnight PST (much less traffic) and play online. There was barely any lag. That is after one of the 4 players left and then another had joined. It would be a few seconds of play then it was a slide show, rinse and repeat. That was my first and only time playing Brawl online. YMMV.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a PAL Wii with 3.1E. Is it OK that I do the update on the disc (3.2U)? Or do I have to update to 3.2E first?

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
fs100 said:
JonoX said:
CuriousG said:
The steps provided appears to work fine for me although I haven't completed classic mode to see if I'm running into the same problem someone else mentioned.

This may help those that want to know if you have a correct image once you completed all the steps:

md5sum a48e89fdccd65bf1f90e141436ebd354

I was going to see if I could create a PPF but when I ran makeppf, it complained about the size of the original compared to the final product.

Hmm, I get an MD5 of 3d3bc4cca32b7043a8fc90f95625ae4f

It plays fine, but I did get some disc read error screens at one point. Could be due to the burn, might try reburning if the errors persist.

I also got the md5 of a48e89fdccd65bf1f90e141436ebd354 after doing all the steps from the tutorial. I haven't burned the disc yet but since the md5 matches I'm feeling good it would work.

I'm using 3.2U firmware updated thru the net, so I just put the disc in and let the disc update run then play. Did I miss anything?

BTW, since all the movies have been ripped from the dvd5 version I'm wondering how many total movies are missing? Thanks.

Man, I'm such a noob... what does this md5 sum means?? I've been seeing this for some time now and just can't figure out what it is... Gonna try this, mi wiifree 1.45 doesn't boot DL...
frown.gif

Vampant

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi all

I made this and it works fine. Just concerned that the disc in wii makes a lot of noise as if it is struggling, it all loads fine but does anyone know why it would does this?

Heishiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everybody, sorry for probably asking the same question, but i tried reading the whole thing and it started getting confusing for me hehe.

My problem is the following, I manually did what the original topic said to create a dvd5 with error 001 fix, with the main.dol provided at page 7, everything worked perfectly for me, classic mode, online, but i couldn't finish SSE, it freezes after beating the final boss, so which patch/fix or which file should i add to my iso in order to be able to finish SSE?

Thanks in advance.

vncool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All I hear in this post is SSBB for PAL. Is there any dvd5 version working for NTSC (US) at all?
Thanks in advance

jaku125

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem when i tried to replace all the movies, i can only replace the first one 01-00.thp, but the rest showed "could not replace file (code:13)

wut's wrong? do u have any idea?

edit: i looked into the wrong folder, i got it to work now lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0