Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

vv_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nobody is perfect ... so here is a new version of the relinked US fst.bin :
http://rapidshare.com/files/99553735/fst-relinked2.bin.html

The crash during the "How to Play" movie has been fixed, by relinking the concerned video.
This crash may occur when you leave the game in "sleep mode" and when this video is automatically launched.
Sorry for your patch, abc99. And thanks to dydy who has found and reported this bug.

PS : for those who want to know, the beginning of this "How to Play" file is originaly on the first layer ... but I forgot that the end of this file is on the second one !
Another PS : for the Jap game, the crash is already fixed in the file posted previously.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
vv_ said:
Nobody is perfect ... so here is a new version of the relinked US fst.bin :
http://rapidshare.com/files/99553735/fst-relinked2.bin.html

The crash during the "How to Play" movie has been fixed, by relinking the concerned video.
This crash may occur when you leave the game in "sleep mode" and when this video is automatically launched.
Sorry for your patch, abc99. And thanks to dydy who has found and reported this bug.

PS : for those who want to know, the beginning of this "How to Play" file is originaly on the first layer ... but I forgot that the end of this file is on the second one !
Another PS : for the Jap game, the crash is already fixed in the file posted previously.

damn, you are awesome to have fixed this so fast.

And I really made those patches to show off how cool that xdelta program is. I've been looking for a large file patcher util for a bit and have been excited to find one.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ebusta said:
Thanks for the original patch abc!! abc, any chances of an updated patch with vv_'s new file?

Testing new patch now. VV_'s new ftb works great. 'How to play' has been replaced with the juggalicious Samus.

Also, FYI - Wii can read DVD-RW. So you can burn tests of your disks first, rather than make coasters. I just tested this with crummy Staples DVD-RW disks at 2.4x.

-------------

Download latest dvd5->dvd9 patch here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/99581204/ssbb_...ch_2.1.rar.html

This one uses vv_'s latest ftb.bin which takes care of the crash at end of "how to play" video.

-------

Learning how to use Trucha is pretty fun, ya know... Go here to learn more. It reminds me of the good ole 71min CDR days of the PS2.
smile.gif

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey_suburbia said:
Is key.bin unique to each game?

I'm trying wiitools v .2 and can't seem to get the key.bin. I've read this whole post and scrubber posts and can't figure out how to do it...

I hate to ask, but can someone PM me the key.bin or instructions on how to obtain it with wiitools.

I haven't messed with wiitools, but I see that 0.2 had a bug. Looks like 0.2b can be downloaded below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/85692370/WiiTools_2b.rar.html

Readme for Wiitools tells to go here for how to use info, but this is error 500'ing:
http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=Wiidisc

Good luck.

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well...i'll bite...but first off a big thanks to Prophet, abc99, and vv_ for the various fixes that are allowing people to play the game on cheaper DVD5 media

that being said, the issue of online play hasn't been addressed much as far as DVD5 rips are concerned...at least i THINK no one has mentioned it

have online multiplayer modes been taken out of the DVD5 in order to make it smaller, or am i just being paranoid?

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mthegreatone said:
well...i'll bite...but first off a big thanks to Prophet, abc99, and vv_ for the various fixes that are allowing people to play the game on cheaper DVD5 media

that being said, the issue of online play hasn't been addressed much as far as DVD5 rips are concerned...at least i THINK no one has mentioned it

have online multiplayer modes been taken out of the DVD5 in order to make it smaller, or am i just being paranoid?

wiifriend and vv_ are the ones who got dvd5 working for me. I just started posted patches for their work. thanks for the mention tho. I was pissed about a post and was thinking about leaving the forum yesterday.

I have been playing online just fine. ntsc wii, live in USA, wiikey 1.9g. spectated, played random match.

---

my SSBB friend code, pm me if you want me to add yours.
0216 0534 2614

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got my DVD5 following wiifiend's guide, I will try vv's guide too, because at the moment I am getting random crashes playing the game. It's not in any particular mode, but it's happened 4 times tonight, it just freezes the screen and there's a loud ear aching continuous beep noise.

Has anyone else suffered from crashing?

slashy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sekhu said:
I got my DVD5 following wiifiend's guide, I will try vv's guide too, because at the moment I am getting random crashes playing the game. It's not in any particular mode, but it's happened 4 times tonight, it just freezes the screen and there's a loud ear aching continuous beep noise.

Has anyone else suffered from crashing?

Had the same Problem with the original wiifiends patch, vv's 2.0 gave me slowdowns but i guess thats doe tue a bad media will try the 2.1 Patch now

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well I experienced the game slowing down once, but restarting the game fixed that - i don't think it's media related, as I Use Taiyo Yuden discs burnt via PLextor 800A, All other games run fine, no crashing or slow down and the like. I don't know what the cause is though.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had any slowdown/crashes, except slowdown/lag when playing online with any of wiifriend's or vv_'s steps.

I have used Sony DVD5s and Staples DVD-RWs.

Make sure to burn as slow as you can, 2.4x or 4x.

If you are playing on a PAL wii, that's a whole other issue. You'll want to look at main release thread for more suggestions, but I think deflicker ON and 60hz helps PAL people.

--

wiikey 1.9g, shortwire install
ntsc wii, 3.2u firmware, 480p mode
olevia 32" LCD hdtv
ssmb options: all at default: deflicker: (off)
sony dvd-r, ver 2.1, burned at 4x
burner info (from imgburn): "hl-dt-st dvdrrw gwa-4166b 1I24"

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this may be a silly question, but I'll ask.

If I use the vv_ method via the delta patch from abc, do I still need to sign the iso with trucha, or does it do it automatically during the conversion process?

I guess I'll find out now, having burnt it

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sekhu said:
this may be a silly question, but I'll ask.

If I use the vv_ method via the delta patch from abc, do I still need to sign the iso with trucha, or does it do it automatically during the conversion process?

I guess I'll find out now, having burnt it

The iso that is created is already trucha signed; I burned that iso and am playing with it now on my ntsc wii & 1.9g wiikey.

If you are a pal user, you'll probably want to do other stuff, perhaps like regions free, remove updates and/or (if u need to) replace a file for the 001 device error, etc.

qwerty6o4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a couple questions....When you burn this on a single disc what does it actually take out?and i thought if ur wii was modded you couldnt play online?please reply asap

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
qwerty6o4 said:
i have a couple questions....When you burn this on a single disc what does it actually take out?and i thought if ur wii was modded you couldnt play online?please reply asap

wiizard and vv_'s dvd5 rips relink (or remove) nearly all the videos in Subspace Emissary (single player) mode and the Virtual Console game demos.

SSBB and all my other burned games can be played online. Wii modchips don't affect online. The modchip alters the mediacheck in the dvd drive, not the rest of the system.

qwerty6o4

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
abc99 said:
qwerty6o4 said:

wiizard and vv_'s dvd5 rips relink (or remove) nearly all the videos in Subspace Emissary (single player) mode and the Virtual Console game demos.

SSBB and all my other burned games can be played online. Wii modchips don't affect online. The modchip alters the mediacheck in the dvd drive, not the rest of the system.

but dont u have to do some update first?

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abc99 said:
wiifriend and vv_ are the ones who got dvd5 working for me. I just started posted patches for their work. thanks for the mention tho. I was pissed about a post and was thinking about leaving the forum yesterday.

I have been playing online just fine. ntsc wii, live in USA, wiikey 1.9g. spectated, played random match.

---

my SSBB friend code, pm me if you want me to add yours.
0216 0534 2614

thanks for confirmation. i recall that the DVD5 JPN version of Brawl had multiplayer online ripped out if i'm not mistaken, so i was just curious about what exactly were the patches set out to achieve. but if all it's doing is relinking the videos from the second layer, then i'll be sound as a pound.

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for the record, im wondering vv_'s fst.bin smash ntsc movie fix is like cyatta's main.dol smash ntsc-j ? my head is spinning from how many problems and fixes there needs to be for smash ntsc dvd5 to come close to fully playable !
provided that tmd's dvd5 rip of smash ntsc-j is special and ntsc is started from scratch, the methods for relinking movies had to be different. :wtf: im not trying to instigate, but it doesnt sit with me that no one mentioned cyatta lol
cyatta had fixed ntsc-j SSE but didnt for classic smash *tear. come to think of it, modifying fst.bin has an advantage over main.dol if it fixes both ntsc-j SSE and classic smash (untested) !

cyatta's main.dol - Boot SSBB on a single layer disc (ntsc-j dvd5 movie fix)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=765...p;#entry1006498

vv_'s fst.bin ntsc dvd5 movie fix
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1028665

vv_'s fst.bin ntsc-J dvd5 movie fix
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=780...p;#entry1030086

p.s. i've played SSE smash ntsc-j dvd5 with cyatta's fix with just the dvd5 up to 85% =] and recently i found out pressing reset on the wii before finishing the closing credits for extra tokens will save classic smash progress !

Smash Brothers Dairantou X Help/Instruction Thread
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=740...st&p=974786

sebcle38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So is it possible to recapitulate what are adventages of each fixmod??

-wiifiend's fix: ??

-vv's fix: More videos than wiifiend, and more easy to install

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video