Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

fs100

Trophies
XP
Country
JonoX said:
CuriousG said:
The steps provided appears to work fine for me although I haven't completed classic mode to see if I'm running into the same problem someone else mentioned.

This may help those that want to know if you have a correct image once you completed all the steps:

md5sum a48e89fdccd65bf1f90e141436ebd354

I was going to see if I could create a PPF but when I ran makeppf, it complained about the size of the original compared to the final product.

Hmm, I get an MD5 of 3d3bc4cca32b7043a8fc90f95625ae4f

It plays fine, but I did get some disc read error screens at one point. Could be due to the burn, might try reburning if the errors persist.

I also got the md5 of a48e89fdccd65bf1f90e141436ebd354 after doing all the steps from the tutorial. I haven't burned the disc yet but since the md5 matches I'm feeling good it would work.

I'm using 3.2U firmware updated thru the net, so I just put the disc in and let the disc update run then play. Did I miss anything?

BTW, since all the movies have been ripped from the dvd5 version I'm wondering how many total movies are missing? Thanks.

JonoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just realised why my MD5 is different; I patched the main.dol to remove the 001 protection. Looks like a bad burn though, I'll reburn it now. Played through classic mode yesterday fine, but today it gave an error after trying to boot the game from the disc channel.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DrediKnight said:
It looks like the emulated demos games do not work using this method. When I select one it just bumps me back to the wii menu. I wonder if those are on the second layer? Not that I really need to play Ice Climbers again anyway....

This man speaks the truth. But yeah I've played mario bros enough times in my life. Otherwise this works perfect. Thanks to wiifiend
smile.gif

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0e642e20e9b4c4ebc599ac233a682606
my MD5 is this heh.

i'm guessing i maybe missed a file replacement or osmething. oh well
tongue.gif
works well enough and havent had any errors yet.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I tried the game, and it crashed for me in 2player Adventure mode/SSE. It was a loud beep, but I was able to turn off the wii by holding down the power button and didn't have to unplug the cord.

I was playing in 60Hz mode, and turned deflicker off.

I'm sure i replaced the movie files precisely as required. Besides it wasn't a movie sequence it was while playing the game, so I don't think it was related to those files.

Any ideas on what might have caused it? I did replace the update.inf with the Prophet.inf to make the update safe, let the wii update, and it left me without dual channels and the like.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to burn a dvd9, or may be I should wait to see if anyone uploads a dvd5 version that works since I don't seem to have got it right

fs100

Trophies
XP
Country
JonoX said:
Just realised why my MD5 is different; I patched the main.dol to remove the 001 protection. Looks like a bad burn though, I'll reburn it now. Played through classic mode yesterday fine, but today it gave an error after trying to boot the game from the disc channel.

You are right, I just tried the remove 001 protection main.dol and it's md5 checksum is now the same as the one you posted. I'm wondering why you used the remove 001 protection (did you have a previous burn that gave this error)? And are you using a PAL Wii or US Wii? Thanks.

JonoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had to remove the 001 protection since I'm still using a Wiinja v1
biggrin.gif

Looks like there was just a slight smudge on the disc causing it to not load, I wiped it and all is fine now! This is the next best thing until I get a chip that is capable of reading DL discs. I'm using an NTSC Wii (US).

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
JonoX said:
biggrin.gif

Looks like there was just a slight smudge on the disc causing it to not load, I wiped it and all is fine now! This is the next best thing until I get a chip that is capable of reading DL discs. I'm using an NTSC Wii (US).

wow so you have it working on wiinja v1? i have wiinja deluxe v3 and thought brawl contains the disk check - is that what u removed? If so can i try this on my wiinja as i dont really wnt to update the firmware to v4 right now. can you advise plz?

general.chaos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone PM me a link to the completed version (http or ftp) so I can set up a torrent. I have enough connections here and there to accommodate everyone. Otherwise I'll just keep waiting on the slow ass Wiizards release torrent and have a go at it manually.

Thanx.

JonoX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KTroopA said:
JonoX said:
biggrin.gif

wow so you have it working on wiinja v1? i have wiinja deluxe v3 and thought brawl contains the disk check - is that what u removed? If so can i try this on my wiinja as i dont really wnt to update the firmware to v4 right now. can you advise plz?

Yeah, it works on my Wiinja v1 after removing the 001 disc check. You shouldn't have to update your Wiinja firmware to play this, as it's using a DVD5.

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JonoX said:
Hmm, I get an MD5 of 3d3bc4cca32b7043a8fc90f95625ae4f

It plays fine, but I did get some disc read error screens at one point. Could be due to the burn, might try reburning if the errors persist.

The burn has nothing to do with it. Did you create your own DVD9? I assume the MD5 you get is from the modified ISO?

Posts merged

QUOTE(kramer987 @ Mar 12 2008, 09:54 AM) 0e642e20e9b4c4ebc599ac233a682606
my MD5 is this heh.

i'm guessing i maybe missed a file replacement or osmething. oh well
tongue.gif
works well enough and havent had any errors yet.

If you've done the exact steps that were posted on the first page then you should get the same MD5. Now if you modified it in any other way (brickblocker or any regionfrii or any other various things that are out there or just missed a file) you'll get a different MD5. At least it has been confirmed with someone else that I have the same hash. Very doubtful that we both missed the same thing.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
wiifiend said:
fix for #001 drivecheck error that happens to some older modchips for ssbb usa dvd5 mod

I seen a few people ask about a fix for the drivecheck #001 error that happens to some older modchips (same error Super Mario Galaxy gives some older modchips), so here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?cpctk1m3y43
(This fix will only work for this dvd5 mod)

**** If your modchip has the #001 error issue , use this main.dol instead of the one provided in the download link in the first post, this main.dol is for the dvd5 version of ssbb that I show you how to make in the beginning of this thread. (you will still need the rest of the files in the download link in the first post if anyone is wondering) Then follow the rest of the steps as outlined in the first post of this thread.****

yep tried this after following all instructions in 1st post and upon game loading, hit the 001 error. im using wiinja dexluxe v3. reaplced the main.dol file and it now works
grog.gif

am playing this game right now! DVD5 ftw

thx again to wiifiend. top stuff
smile.gif

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did this last night, works fine on pal wiikey latest firmwares. i have to boot the game initially in 50hrz, turn off flicker and then reboot in 60hrz but i only need to do this once. same as i had to do for the jpn release.

Now I get an error when i complete The Subspace Emissary. as soon as i kill tabu (or whatever) i get a white screen with green writing that says "an error has occurred, please eject the disk power off the console. refer to manual for more information." or something like that.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
has anyone that has managed to successfully burn and play the DVD5 verxion following the steps provided, actually managed to play through a two player session of SSE/Adventure Mode? I created a DVD5 image before, but it crashed on the first level of SSE, so I started from scratch.

I now have a new image, burn it, but yet to test it. I just need some confirmation that two player SSE is possible, and that it's not something I'm doing that's wrong to get it working, if that makes sense.

thanks in advance

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bajeezy said:
I have a weird problem.
Trucha opens up the dvd9 version for me perfectly but the wiiscrubbed iso I created has an "Error reading fst" for some reason.

I had the same problem at one point, but it was down to having an incorrect key.bin when scrubbing the iso, which resulted in an incorrect scrub. Using the correct key.bin fixed it for me. If you already have the right key.bin file, then I don't know beyond that. Have set trucha to use custom keyset 1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.