Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

IckleGothBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent work. Just did this tonight running an NTSC Wii with wiikey 1.9g and it's working great so far. I'm just using youtube to fill me in on the FMVs so I can figure out what's going on in subspace!

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kramer987 said:
bowbowhead said:
Is someone going to upload the DVD-5 ISO as a torrent, so others will not have to download 8 gigs worth of data and only use half of it?

i kind of actually think this is a good way for people to learn how to use trucha. i'd recommend no one putting this up on torrents

although i agree with you, someone is bound to do it anyway only because some people are just too damn generous
tongue.gif

personally i took the time to download the DVD9 version, so i'll be taking the time to learn the ropes of TS.

kramer987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthegreatone said:
kramer987 said:
bowbowhead said:
Is someone going to upload the DVD-5 ISO as a torrent, so others will not have to download 8 gigs worth of data and only use half of it?

i kind of actually think this is a good way for people to learn how to use trucha. i'd recommend no one putting this up on torrents

although i agree with you, someone is bound to do it anyway only because some people are just too damn generous
tongue.gif

personally i took the time to download the DVD9 version, so i'll be taking the time to learn the ropes of TS.

if you need any help lemme know.

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Torup said:
This method prevent error #001???

Try changing the Video Mode on the Wii , i have herd that fixes the 001 error if you didnt previously have problems with SMG...

If SMG also gives you the 001 error you will need to edit the main.dol file to remove the drive check

If you need to know what exactly to edit to remove the 001 error check here :

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1021685

Torup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you change the video mode?

Wiikey 1.9g NTSC US here.

Posts merged

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Torup said:

Posts merged

Its in your Wii settings under screen , for us PAL users it has to be set to 50hz , not sure about US though.....just try it
smile.gif

ipenguins

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gjac1 said:
Torup said:
This method prevent error #001???

Try changing the Video Mode on the Wii , i have herd that fixes the 001 error if you didnt previously have problems with SMG...

If SMG also gives you the 001 error you will need to edit the main.dol file to remove the drive check

On that link you said you need to edit the main.dol from the 2nd partition. But after using WiiScrubber, will there only be one partition for the DVD5 version?

gjac1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Torup said:

Posts merged

ipenguins said:
gjac1 said:
QUOTE(Torup @ Mar 12 2008, 12:07 AM) This method prevent error #001???

On that link you said you need to edit the main.dol from the 2nd partition. But after using WiiScrubber, will there only be one partition for the DVD5 version?

To fix the 001 error on this DVD5 version, you will need to edit the same values at the same locations but in the main.dol file provided in the downloadable files supplied by the creator of this topic

ksuhumpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds like a great problem to the dual-layer problem. I made a mistake by buying cheapo Memorex dual-layer discs and having burn errors on 9/10 discs. I'm excited for this solution for the long term. Would something like a ppf patch be possible for this? What is the best tutorial (easiest to understand, maybe not the broadest) out there?

ksuhumpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tutorial on the front page seems to pertain to how to use TS to make a dvd5 ssbb. I am looking for something more general. Sorry to be unclear.

Torup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I am stupid, but I cant do the whole thing of using hex on main.dol to prevent #001.

Can someone give-me an tutorial (do X, then Y, step by step) or PM the fixed .dol? Will be very grateful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...