How to create a WAD from an IOS in this special situation?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Dan_Aykroyd, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Dan_Aykroyd
    OP

Member Dan_Aykroyd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey there,

I recently updated to the cIOSX v19 in base 57 and found out that my loader of choice (USB Loader GX) would crash everytime with this (because of v19). It's a reported and documented issue that's still unsolved (here is the bugtracker)

Anyway, there's an specific old version of the loader that works, but when using this cIOS, the latest WAD Manager Gui won't work (because of base 57), and I REALLY need it because it has SMB support + the nicest interface of them all + batch.

Sooo... here is what I need to do:

- Now I have the same cIOSX v19 but in base 38. Is works with WAD Manager Gui (modded for v18+) but it's not the base I want

- I need to dump my currently installed IOS250 (base 38) to a .wad that is later installable manually

- I can't use Waninkokos WAD Creator because it isn't updated to work with his latest cIOS

- I've tried something called BlueDump or similar that supposedly was to create WADs, but it crashed after the very first button press [​IMG]

The idea of this all is: create a IOS250 Base 38 WAD, install cIOSX base 57, manually install the previously created WAD, then USB Loader GX would work with the base 57 IOS 249 and a modded WAD Gui Manager would work with the IOS250 base 38. A win-win situation [​IMG]

So... any ideas as how to get my IOS250-Base38.wad made?

Thanks a ton people

2. PPSainity

Member PPSainity Blinded by Science

Canada
    BlueDump can be very tempermental. I bet it crashed when you either pressed A or B on a title, what you want to do is just narrow down the menu choices to your title that you want to backup into a WAD then press 1; in this case being the first category" 00000001 - System Titles" and IOS 250.

A quick Google search brought up an old link to a guide that I have used to install cIOSx rev19 with different IOS bases (sadly from another forum so MODs please delete if not kosher....). The guide can be found here, but I c&p'd it below as well. All kudos goes to the original writer.

Give Bluedump another try, being careful what buttons you press. Hope this works out for you.

-[]D

3. terminal_illness

Member terminal_illness Dark Hadou Master

Canada
    i hate bluedump. but it can make a wad of anything so i still use it.

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    if u use nus auto downloader, u can very easily grab a wad for ciosrev19 (or 17b) for any base for any slot

no hard work required, just grab the program, and instruct it to dl the wad of your choice, then install the wad [​IMG]

5. dn_angel000

Member dn_angel000 Phantom User

United States
    Revs 14 and 17 r both recommended 4 all USB Loaders!! lol

6. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Why not get the latest rev19?

And please stop putting "!! lol" after all your posts [​IMG]

7. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    @dn_angel000,

why recommend rev14 or 17? so people are forced to use a wbfs partition instead of fat32 or ntfs to use a usb-loader? rev14 and rev17 are great, but u obviously don't know much about rev19 (or rev20 which is supposed to be released sometime tomorrow). Rev18+ can support usb-loading off wbfs, fat32 and ntfs partitions (ntfs only supported by latest revs of cfg usb loader and I think usbloader gx also).

If u are going to recommend outdated cIOSs, be sure to tell people their limitations too. Because i guarantee some1 will come back asking why they can't get games to work off their fat32 hdd after following your advice and installing rev14 or 17

8. Dan_Aykroyd
    OP

Member Dan_Aykroyd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks man, this is exactly what I was trying to achieve, but I gave up as soon as BlueDump crashed. Now I've tried it again and I'm currently running with IOS249-Base 57-v19 and IOS250-Base 38-v19.

Thanks also to everyone that replied.