Hacking How to create a WAD from an IOS in this special situation?

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

I recently updated to the cIOSX v19 in base 57 and found out that my loader of choice (USB Loader GX) would crash everytime with this (because of v19). It's a reported and documented issue that's still unsolved (here is the bugtracker)

Anyway, there's an specific old version of the loader that works, but when using this cIOS, the latest WAD Manager Gui won't work (because of base 57), and I REALLY need it because it has SMB support + the nicest interface of them all + batch.

Sooo... here is what I need to do:

- Now I have the same cIOSX v19 but in base 38. Is works with WAD Manager Gui (modded for v18+) but it's not the base I want

- I need to dump my currently installed IOS250 (base 38) to a .wad that is later installable manually

- I can't use Waninkokos WAD Creator because it isn't updated to work with his latest cIOS

- I've tried something called BlueDump or similar that supposedly was to create WADs, but it crashed after the very first button press
frown.gif

The idea of this all is: create a IOS250 Base 38 WAD, install cIOSX base 57, manually install the previously created WAD, then USB Loader GX would work with the base 57 IOS 249 and a modded WAD Gui Manager would work with the IOS250 base 38. A win-win situation
smile.gif

So... any ideas as how to get my IOS250-Base38.wad made?

Thanks a ton people

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BlueDump can be very tempermental. I bet it crashed when you either pressed A or B on a title, what you want to do is just narrow down the menu choices to your title that you want to backup into a WAD then press 1; in this case being the first category" 00000001 - System Titles" and IOS 250.

A quick Google search brought up an old link to a guide that I have used to install cIOSx rev19 with different IOS bases (sadly from another forum so MODs please delete if not kosher....). The guide can be found here, but I c&p'd it below as well. All kudos goes to the original writer.

Give Bluedump another try, being careful what buttons you press. Hope this works out for you.

-[]D

QUOTE said:
[Advanced] Install Separate Base IOS in cIOSX 249/250

This is an advanced tutorial - Do this at your own risk. Failure to follow directions explicitly could be hazardous for your Wii console. Bootmii/boot2 with NAND backup and/or Priiloader recommended.

As someone who prefers using base IOS57 in Waninkoko's new cIOSX, I have been looking for a workaround to regain the ability to use Wad Manager without relying on Hermes or other trucha signed IOS. I imagine in the future there might be other uses for this, or at the very least maybe someone will find it interesting and appreciate the read.

The following guide assumes you have prior knowledge of installing a cIOS, and will guide you through a series of installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling your custom IOS 249/250 with a final result of having IOS249 with base 57, as well as IOS250 with base 38.

This is meant to be nothing more than a nice workaround for myself and anyone who's interested. Much credit to WiiBricker for the initial concept.

=========
Requirements
=========

- Use an SD card for this guide
- cIOSXRev19
- BlueDump Alpha 3
- Wad Manager (I prefer YAWMM)
- DOP-Mii v12 (ATD Mod will also work)

=====================
Installation & Backup of the cIOS
=====================

Step 1

* Load up Waninkoko's cIOSX Rev19 Installer, and install with Base 57
* Once the custom IOS installation has finished, exit back to HBC

Step 2

* Load BlueDump Alpha 3
* Press A to select 00000001 - System Titles
* Navigate down or up on the d-pad until you reach the system ticket for IOS249 v19
* Press 1, then right two times on the d-pad to highlight Backup to WAD
* Once the code finishes and you're on the System Titles screen again, press Home to return to HBC

Step 3

* Connect the SD card to your computer
* Move your new IOS249r19 wad from ROOT:\BlueDump\WAD\ to ROOT:\wad\
* Reconnect your device to the console and boot up HBC

=================================
Removal & Installation and ... Removal? of the cIOS
=================================

Step 4

* Load DOP-Mii
* Use an IOS with NAND Permissions to load the app that is NOT 249 or 250 (If you aren't sure run a SysCheck)
* Select the first option to load into the IOS navigation window
* Press right on the d-pad until you reach IOS249, press minus (-) to uninstall (A to confirm)
* Press right once more to highlight IOS250, uninstall this as well
* Never uninstall any IOS under 200. You have been warned.
* Press Home to exit DOP-Mii and return to HBC

Step 5

* Load up Waninkoko's Rev19 Installer again
* Choose IOS36 to load the Installer
* This time, when asked, choose IOS38 as a base to install
* Once the custom IOS installation has finished, exit back to HBC

Step 6

* Load DOP-Mii again
* Using any IOS with NAND Permissions that is NOT 249, continue to the 2nd screen
* Select the first option to load into the IOS navigation window
* Press right on the d-pad until you reach IOS249, press minus (-) to uninstall
* Press Home to exit DOP-Mii and return to HBC

===================
Final Restoration of the cIOS
===================

Step 7

* Load up Wad Manager using IOS250
* Navigate to the backed up IOS249r19.wad you created earlier using BlueDump and install
* Exit the app, return to System Menu, and reboot the console

You now have IOS249 Base 57 for USB loading, and IOS250 Base 38 for Wad Manager.

----------------
I hope you've found this little guide informative, and that it will help a few of you install your wads with a little more ease under Rev19 and beyond.

Remember that this process is not intended (or necessary) for users new to softmodding. If you have questions about installing a cIOS, or what a cIOS is/does, you may want to consider getting some more experience under your belt before attempting this.

Last edited by Ithian; 03-30-2010 at 10:21 PM.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@dn_angel000,

why recommend rev14 or 17? so people are forced to use a wbfs partition instead of fat32 or ntfs to use a usb-loader? rev14 and rev17 are great, but u obviously don't know much about rev19 (or rev20 which is supposed to be released sometime tomorrow). Rev18+ can support usb-loading off wbfs, fat32 and ntfs partitions (ntfs only supported by latest revs of cfg usb loader and I think usbloader gx also).

If u are going to recommend outdated cIOSs, be sure to tell people their limitations too. Because i guarantee some1 will come back asking why they can't get games to work off their fat32 hdd after following your advice and installing rev14 or 17

Dan_Aykroyd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSainity said:
BlueDump can be very tempermental. I bet it crashed when you either pressed A or B on a title, what you want to do is just narrow down the menu choices to your title that you want to backup into a WAD then press 1; in this case being the first category" 00000001 - System Titles" and IOS 250.

A quick Google search brought up an old link to a guide that I have used to install cIOSx rev19 with different IOS bases (sadly from another forum so MODs please delete if not kosher....). The guide can be found here, but I c&p'd it below as well. All kudos goes to the original writer.

Give Bluedump another try, being careful what buttons you press. Hope this works out for you.

-[]D

Thanks man, this is exactly what I was trying to achieve, but I gave up as soon as BlueDump crashed. Now I've tried it again and I'm currently running with IOS249-Base 57-v19 and IOS250-Base 38-v19.

Thanks also to everyone that replied.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast