How to clear up junk files on wii. Any ideas???

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by stevie1978, May 14, 2010.

May 14, 2010
  1. stevie1978
    OP

Newcomer stevie1978 Newbie

United Kingdom
    My wii is slowly becoming full. However, I haven't got much installed on it. Any ideas on how to clear up any junk files etc?

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    go to the data management screen, and look at the size of your channels, if u dont have a lot installed but are running short on space, u probably still have that nintendo channel that takes up 1000 blocks or something

3. XFlak

Canada
    just to add to what Mr. DeadlyFoez said, if u don't have bootmii as boot2, i would avoid using comex's nand formatter unless it is a last resort to fix a bricked wii.

In your case, there should be less drastic measures to solve your problem, but if u have bootmii as boot2, and a nand dump, u will be safe using the nand formatter for sure

Goooooo "TeamYour Mom"!

4. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    I'd just use the Data Management Option. Delete some stuff, or move it to SD card (use priiloader hacks to unlock stuff if needed).

Comex Nand formatter is nice and all, but it's probably not needed to use it now.

5. XFlak

Canada
    @ OP, I would recommend keeping it simple, and just clearing out some space using data management (as TJ said)... of course SNEEK is always an option (imagine instead of having 500MB of wii memory, u could have 2 TBs), but I personally still don't think SNEEK has been developed quite enough to outperform the traditional wii hacks... but its getting there.

@ DeadlyFoez, lmao, how about both? U never heard of a power cock ring? Just wait until I show 'your mom' its special powers, lol [​IMG]

6. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    @Deadlyfoez and Xflak

It's nice see u 2 teaming really good helping noobs [​IMG]