Hacking How to Avoid Bricks on Wii 4.1...

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the problem? you ask as if you've just bricked your wii. If you don't like preloader, uninstall it.

this whole triple posting nonsense is rude - it makes those of us who come to the forums with a legitimate question or concern and ask politely look bad.

Alex Finlay

Trophies
XP
Country
phoenix345 said:
the triple posting was a glitch,

and no i don't like pre-loader! how do I un-install it????

Triple post isn't a glitch most of the time its to do with your router, Mostly when im on my wii if it doesn't fully load and it hangs are just keep reloading the page, Thus a tripple post.

Anyways Preloader if you cant get bootmii boot2, And Bootmii as ios if you have Gamecube Controller.

Also does A infectus chip realy protect you against Bricks? Would like a pm or someone to reply Would be interested in it.

And im sure Preloader has a un-installation guide????? Sorry i can't be of help as i don't need preloader, but DON'T UNINSTALL UR SYSTEM MENU IOS BECAUSE U WANT PRELOADER GONE. Just putting that because ive seen many threads on it L.
Also, Common sence is the best thing but you can't stop powercuts with common sence
tongue.gif

Thanks, Alex.

-----EDIT-----
Swizler said:
QUOTE(phoenix345 @ Aug 6 2009, 07:18 PM) the triple posting was a glitch,

and no i don't like pre-loader! how do I un-install it????
IT IS CALLED SEARCH MORON
Nice spam, Use posts wisely and don't call someone a moron for asking for help.

-----EDIT-----
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=172...p;#entry2171607 You ask "How do i back up my nand"
ITS CALLED SEARCH MORON! Right back atya

phoenix345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AHHHHH, THE TUTORIAL ON YOUR SITE SAYS YOU NEED BOOTMII INSTALLED AS BOOT2!!! BUT I CAN'T INSTALL BOOTMII AS BOOT2 THATS WHY I GOT PRELOADER IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

//EDIT//

AND I CAN'T USE NUS DOWNLOADER BECAUSE I HAVE A MAC!!!!!!

phoenix345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, but c'mon now wtf! my wii is ruined and it's all because of that stupid pre-loader! i want to uninstall it as easily as possible, on my mac, without bricking my wii! Is that too much to ask.

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phoenix345 said:
sorry, but c'mon now wtf! my wii is ruined and it's all because of that stupid pre-loader! i want to uninstall it as easily as possible, on my mac, without bricking my wii! Is that too much to ask.
okay hold on ...
give me a few minutes
u need nus downloader sorry can't help unless u got it

xDlmaoxD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guarantee you will brick your wii sooner or later.
It's simple don't do anything flashy just for the hell of it or to play games through the disc channel.
Install preloader if you plan on installing wad files just incase you get a bannerbrick.
Also don't delete ios or anything you don't know about.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never delete anything, you CAN install over it, you CAN install over anything of the same in an upgrade, but don't ever delete, ever, ever, ever.
laugh.gif

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, you're an unappreciative moron. You come to us asking how to protect your Wii from bricks. PreLoader with BootMii boot2v4 is the best and only option aside from a mod chip.

If you don't like it-- GTFO (or go write your own).

And as previously stated-- your bold and caps are getting highly annoying. Keep up the attitude and someone might be nice enough to link you to a guide to brick your Wii. =)

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rofl long boot times with preloader....how many days before he comes back with a i bricked my wii help post ?

Swizler

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Deviyl said:
Dude, you're an unappreciative moron. You come to us asking how to protect your Wii from bricks. PreLoader with BootMii boot2v4 is the best and only option aside from a mod chip.

If you don't like it-- GTFO (or go write your own).

And as previously stated-- your bold and caps are getting highly annoying. Keep up the attitude and someone might be nice enough to link you to a guide to brick your Wii. =)
Thank you also dude why can't u install bootmii?

Liquidfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenix345 said:
actually, I don't like the usb game channels...

BUT, I hate this program!!! I set autoboot to system menu and return to system menu when when I start my wii it TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD UP THE STUPID WARNING SCREEN. and when I do a return to wii menu it TAKES FOREVER TO GO BACK TO THE MENU! WTF?

Did you try and use the setting to bypass the warning screen? My preloader only takes 3-5 seconds as most people describe...I really dont even notice the extra time truthfully.

phoenix345

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well no i didn't skip the health screen, but i don't see how that would help. well anyway oh well i to wait forever to go back to my wii menu while playing a game, but at least my wii won't get bricked...

EtherealX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to the Infectus chip question, it doesn't actually prevent you from bricking. What it does allow is you to load your NAND backup onto the chip (yes, load your own firmware to the chip) so you can load your system menu and fix things. It's basically like a chip which gives boot2-like restore option. You do need your own NAND backup from YOUR Wii though, via any NAND dump -- or you'll just endlessly brick yourself.

To the OP, disabling the health check will get you a couple of seconds on the boot process. Without boot2, Preloader is all you got. Also, NUSD works in WINE on Macs. Just about any "windows only" app from the Wii scene will run on a Mac via WINE/XOVER.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    let's get some o7s for that legendary dog

o7
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i think its raining
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    You know what this website reminds me of?