Hacking How often do they update their firmwares?

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think there will be an update around the time Pokemon HGSS comes out?

basically I'm having a save issue with the newest firmwares, I'm just hoping they correct it in new updates.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I actually would not be surprised if the AKAIO loaders available during the US/EU release of Pokemon HGSS automatically patch the AP. The AKAIO team is smart, always thinking ahead and are really good when it comes it game fixes, especially Normmat. You can always count that guy for a game fix, he hasn't failed us yet
biggrin.gif

As for your save issue, if you're 110% sure that the AKAIO firmware is set up correctly on your AK and you're still getting errors, you have a bad AK2. The Acekard team has had a bad batch of AK2's in the last couple of weeks. Basically what happened is that there are two companies making AK2's using different hardware but they both still work, one just came out with a bug (the newer company). Go to seller and tell them you keep having save issues, they'll know what you're talking about since its only happened like a million times to new Acekard users. If they don't give you a replacement for free, report it to the Acekard Team and they should give you a replacement since the AK2 has a 1 year warranty from the Acekard Team by default. Since you're in the US, I suggest RealHotStuff.com. They buy their Acekards from the original company, the old company, which should guarantee you a good AK2 & if its an AK2i you're buying, then RHS already updated it to 1.4 for you
biggrin.gif

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the guy at Realhotstuff said I have a 90 day warranty. So I'm gonna wait to make sure that a new firmware doesn't fix the issue before I return it

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The_Office_owns said:
Yeah the guy at Realhotstuff said I have a 90 day warranty. So I'm gonna wait to make sure that a new firmware doesn't fix the issue before I return it
I don't think that the warranty is for your satisfaction. Its for if your AK is broken.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well clearly it IS broken/defective, brah.

The only problem is that it seems like such a friggin hassle to have to pack it up and ship it back

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
The_Office_owns said:
Well clearly it IS broken/defective, brah.

The only problem is that it seems like such a friggin hassle to have to pack it up and ship it back

I have spoken recently to a gamer who had a similar problem as you, they sent their acekard back (not sure if it was to acekard or their supplier), but they returned the acekard back to this person with firmware v 4.07 installed on the card and a message "The reason your card is not working is because you need to use version 4.07"

I was like
wtf.gif

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what firmware I'm using right now. It's the only thing remotely working. Of course, the problem is that it doesn't work on a lot of newer games.

I really wish there were more patched games. I really want a patched Mario and Luigi.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
The_Office_owns said:
That's what firmware I'm using right now. It's the only thing remotely working. Of course, the problem is that it doesn't work on a lot of newer games.

I really wish there were more patched games. I really want a patched Mario and Luigi.

Yes i know, if you have spent your money on a acekard 2i then you should be able to run whatever firmware you want, i only mentioned what happened to this other gamer to pre-warn you.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The saddest part is that I didn't realize that a AK 2i actually worked on DS lite...I just thought it was DSi only.

would have bought that instead.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The_Office_owns said:
you haven't got a 90 day warranty, you've got 1 year warranty from acekard.
Try emailing them, maybe they'll send you a new one or give you some instructions on how to solve it.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most people won't link you to it cuz AKAIO is better. ITS NOT A FIRMWARE PROBLEM. If it was, the AKAIO Team would have fixed it by now.

Here's a link to YSMenu anyways, there's an english Read Me inside. Yasu's Site. Go down a little more than halfway. You'll find the DS(T_T)DS section. Click on the YSMenu link in white/ underlined.

The_Office_owns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jonjon95 said:
Most people won't link you to it cuz AKAIO is better. ITS NOT A FIRMWARE PROBLEM. If it was, the AKAIO Team would have fixed it by now.

Here's a link to YSMenu anyways, there's an english Read Me inside. Yasu's Site. Go down a little more than halfway. You'll find the DS(T_T)DS section. Click on the YSMenu link in white/ underlined.

Okay but what part do I replace on my SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...