Gaming How many of you DON'T have a modded Wii?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not modding until the modchips are actual modchips and allow homebrew off of SD cards, when we learn how to make homebrew.

D

Deleted User

Didn't mod mine yet either ... waiting for something better. And there's really not that many games out right now that I'm so desperate to play. For the ones I do want to play, I just buy them.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't modded mine and even if I did, I wouldn't trumpet said quasi-illegal activity to complete strangers on an unsecured message board just to be l337 hax0rin'

It's like when newbies come and write topics like "wots yer fave rom on your Slot1 card?", sure guys it's a great idea to reply and stuff. Or maybe everyone uses proxies. I dunno.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't have a Wii
frown.gif

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If disclosing that information is even a remote consern, i would seriously consider moving to another country. I hope for everyone else living in the USs sake that you're just overly paranoid.

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If disclosing that information is even a remote consern, i would seriously consider moving to another country. I hope for everyone else living in the USs sake that you're just overly paranoid.

I hope so too. But the way I see it, no one thought they would ever get busted for music/movie file sharing. Granted, the VG industry isn't as aggressive as the **AA, that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. Either from the gaming industry itself or the government agencies assigned to go after copyright violators. All I'm saying is that it could happen.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not modded, propably won't ever be. There aren't even games I'd like...

(Mostly Wii is my 'party games' system, of which you don't need much games)

SomeGuyGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like many others, I have no urge to mod it yet. I will wait until better support and reasons to mod it are out. Right now I already have all the games I would even bother getting [Just Zelda....].

Gifted1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't modded mine and even if I did, I wouldn't trumpet said quasi-illegal activity to complete strangers on an unsecured message board just to be l337 hax0rin'

It's like when newbies come and write topics like "wots yer fave rom on your Slot1 card?", sure guys it's a great idea to reply and stuff. Or maybe everyone uses proxies. I dunno.

You're just way too paranoid. I have never ever heard of someone being arrested or anything like that just because they're on a message board posting about modding game systems or even asking questions about it.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i have 1 USA launch wii with WiiKey, and 1 USA launch wii unopened for when the first dies suddenly when the fabled wiikey update bricks us ALL! we asked for it...
wacko.gif

also i've installed 7 wiikey into JAP and USA wiis

iHr4ch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Wow man. Nothing personal, but you're worse than a buddy of mine who smoked a lot of weed once and then was too paranoid to dowonload off Limewire because he thought the feds were watching him. In fact, the Wiikey has a hidden feature which allows you to log onto GBAtemp and find out personal information about users based on their usernames. So you watch yourself.

Jokes, friend. To each his own, I guess.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

With Wifi being ever so popular many people don't need proxies...malls have wifi for free, neighbors and business don't secure their networks .... McDonalds, Schools, small coffee shops all offering free internet access....

Me...still waiting on a better chip....but getting anxious

reemixx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, I don't have a modded Wii...

I don't even have a Wii
cry.gif

My mum has one, though. And there's no way in hell she'd ever get it modded (or let me mod it for her). Maybe in a year's time or so, when prices are down a bit, I'll buy a Wii. And hopefully then there's some better chips out for it. They're all so new and immature yet, I don't think I'd want to void my warranty just to have it die on me a couple weeks later after an update. Not worth the risk (unless you're made of money and can just go out and buy a new one).

Zendrik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My Wii is not modded. I've never liked modchips. When a softmod comes out, then ill do that. Even if I hard modded, there arent any good chips out there that are in a decent price range.

skywarp

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
If there is ever a mod that allows you to play games and/or your own virtual console content(roms) from an SD card/external HDD/etc. I would definitely mod my Wii, but as of now it's just not worth it. Buying a chip, opening Wii, voiding warranty, soldering said chip, than having to find/buy dvd-rs the Wii will read, downloading isos, burning them, etc. is too much considering there aren't many games I want to play on the Wii to begin with.

Some type of mod to play games from an HDD would be fantastic, more to do with convenience than piracy. HDLoader for PS2 was the bee's knees.

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'll be modding my Wii until there is support for Homebrew or Emulation. I don't mind having to open it, but I don't think the current modchips are worth it, even if its region free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol