How many of you DON'T have a modded Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gifted1, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Gifted1
    OP

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    I havn't modded my Wii yet and probably wont for a long time. Mainly because I don't know how to solder. I don't want to mess anything up. But also because I think the Wii is a great and sophisticated system and I just don't want to open it up yet. Anyone else who has not modded their Wii yet? Whats ur reason?

2. legendofphil

legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

Nov 19, 2002
    Not modded, nor will it ever be. I like my originals.
    The only thing that would make me consider modding it will be if the freeloader isn't possible.

3. Hadrian

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Not modded just yet, waiting for for better chips.

4. Jeda

Jeda GBAtemp Fan

Nov 7, 2002
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Not modded yet. Don't really have a reason. Might end up modding it when the time feels right

5. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    me i aint got mine modded yet iv been meaning to but now im gunna put it off till something which is more solid comes most chips on the scene aren't updated frequently enough until i see either a solid and updated chip or a softmod which work well i ain't going to bother

6. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Mine isn't modded either. It may have some flashcards for handhelds, but I'm a real collector. I love original games.

Maybe I'll mod my Wii in a few years. But I'll buy games that will be classic like Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 anyway.

7. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

Mar 16, 2004
    United States
    CA
    I plan on modding mine eventually.
    Im waiting for the modchips to get perfected before I solder it to my Wii for good.
    Renting games has gone up alot in price and its become cheaper to just buy em in the long run. Wich means I need a way to try the games before I spend the extra cash.
    So ya, modchip eventually, once they get all the kinks out.
    That Wiip chip looks good. And opensource means updates wont have a chance to be"gone for good" :3

Though I was erally hoping for a chip that could lemme hack the Wiimenu. Man that menu needs some color. Its so plain and grey :/
    Eh, one day we'll hack it :3 (Damn lazy nintendo wont give us the option any time soon)

8. imyourxpan

imyourxpan GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2006
    United States
    United States
    i don't have a modded Wii. idk if I will though, maybe later on when it becomes easier...lol i am a noob at modding.

9. Wuschmaster

Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 15, 2006
    United States
    Will NEVER mod it mine.

10. michaelf

michaelf Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 3, 2006
    United States
    Not modded. There aren't even any Wii games I want to play in the form of a backup.

There's about 6 months before I sell it and my posts on the event will continue. Enjoy!

11. sirAnger

sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

Dec 4, 2002
    United States
    Michigan
    Mine's not modded. I'm way too lazy to open it up and solder something in there.

12. sanghoku

sanghoku GBAtemp Regular

May 31, 2006
    Belgium
    i don't do hardware stuff that involves soldering, so mine's not moded... i do have a sc-mini and a r4 for ds, but that's not modding [​IMG]

13. Issac

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Mine's unmodded..... and will probably be so for a long time...
    if there comes a "mod" which doesn't need opening.... then I will do it [​IMG]
    (or in a few years when the price is down really low.. i'll buy a new one to mod)

14. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Gambia, The
    Germany , NRW
    My Wii isn'T modded as well, i want to but i mainly want to play Naruto and Bleach ... so i need a Modchip that can play ALL Wii Games, so i need to wait some longer. I am sure there will be a time with a fully region free Modchip

15. leonheart_a

leonheart_a GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    London
    not modded unforutantly [​IMG], cant find anyone who lives near me to chip it:(

16. paOol

paOol GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2006
    im not modding mine until theres a region free chip that can play all regions flawlessly. namely naruto

17. pottageb

pottageb GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2006
    modded, 40 quid for a peice of entertainment is waaaay too much.

18. RayorDragonFall

RayorDragonFall I see you've played knifey-spoony before.

Mar 15, 2003
    I haven't got mine modded yet. Waiting for something a bit more reliable, plus I need to get someone to do it for me.
    You could have included a poll?

19. Hit

Hit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    I tried to mod mine but the wiikey was broken everything was soldered well but it didnt work maybe the wires where touching each other well i took it out i hate wiikey

20. MAD_BOY

MAD_BOY Lazy bum

Feb 12, 2005
    Netherlands
    Sittard, Limburg
    didn't mod mine..yet.
    i'm thinking about modding it, but i fail horribly at proper soldering