Hacking How hard would it to be to make an iso patcher for macs?

Zanonymous

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have had this computer for a few years, and of course, many executable programs haven't been made for this. Anyway, what are the chances of a patcher for use with isos the backup loader runs being ported to mac? I've patched one iso at my friend's house, but the process is really tedious going back and forth transferring the iso itself, ect.
I've thought of putting bootcamp on my mom's intel imac to run exes, or going to my father's work because there are pcs there, what would be a good alternate solution??

toxicbomber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my Mac. I prefer it over anything else. I can't stand windows but that's what I have vmware for.
rolleyes.gif

Jm9760

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1

Macs are amazing. I have vmware solely for the backup patcher. It would be nice to have a native mac version, though.

HowardC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Macs are a wonderful machine, if you don't like to run software.

90% of the software out there, particularly niche software, is pc only.

Those mac vs pc commercials always crack me up.... microsoft could do a single one sentence response that'd defeat all of their marketing.

"Windows: You can play video games on it." ;-)

Bashing your horrible choice in computers aside, I believe that wiigator's patcher is open-source and made in an environment that'll compile for the mac as well. He simply can't test it because he doesn't have a mac. I would help you, but seeing as how I write software, I obviously don't have a mac. ;-)

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:

Video games on a console, real work on a real computer.

Not to mention Windows is an operating system, Macs are a platform. A platform hich can run Windows. Which can run games. Which means my Macbook Pro is a pretty decent rig for gaming, if one were so inclined.

Which I'm not - PC gaming is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
HowardC said:

Those mac vs pc commercials always crack me up.... microsoft could do a single one sentence response that'd defeat all of their marketing.

Bashing your horrible choice in computers aside, I believe that wiigator's patcher is open-source and made in an environment that'll compile for the mac as well. He simply can't test it because he doesn't have a mac. I would help you, but seeing as how I write software, I obviously don't have a mac. ;-)
A Mac is a PC, too. Hell, I have a Sony Vaio PC Notebook here and I can't run your Windows Software because I'm using Linux. If you're trying to bash other OSs at least use the correct phrases and not MS/Apple marketing gibberish.

That being said, Wine made a lot of progress recently. If you're running a x86 Mac a lot of Windows programs should work on Darwine, I guess.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Renegade_R said:
I don't see what's so hard to run BootCamp or Parallels or VMWare on your Mac.Depends. It's not hard if you have a x86 based Mac. From what the OP said I guess he's using an old, IBM PowerPC-based Mac, though, which can't run BootCamp or any Virtualization software.
QUOTE(emirof @ Oct 8 2008, 03:04 PM) Isn't google paying the Wine team for their work?
Google made some contributions to Wine to get Picasa running, but that's it from what I know. The biggest contributor to Wine ist CodeWeavers, whose Crossover products run a lot of Windows programs, too. AFAIK they are much easier to use than Wine.

[EDIT]
Looks like Google sponsored some improvements CodeWeavers made to Wine.

callousedlabia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HowardC said:

Pfft.
Intel Macs run Windows natively and all the apps that go with it. And of course they run OSX without tweaking kernel extensions and all the apps that run on that.

After displaying such ignorance, I wonder if you write all your "software" with crayons?

netsliderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am on a Mac. Granted, there are SOME apps that I need to run sometimes for which there are no Mac equivalent.

In these cases, I use Parallels. I run 90% mac though. Normally, I can find an App that achieves the same desired results.

choupette

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I doesn't want to start a troll (I own both a mac and a windows, and I can't say I prefer one or the other)
but installing vmware just to patch isos to run at 3x speed is very "mac" of you.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
HowardC said:

And than steve jobs would be able to make a crushing two word rebuttal: "Parallels Desktop."

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linus Torvalds could say:
"We have multiple desktops, can run games via Wine, have no viruses, is open-source, and Mac is based off of us. Linux is better than Windows. If you don't agree with me then you are both ugly and stupid."

I don't know what parallels desktop is, but I'm guessing it's like multiple desktops.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, I am Mac user myself, Their the best, but I use GUI Patcher I found on GBAtemp, Granted its only for Windows, but WINE can run the app flawlessly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1