Hacking How do you uninstall a sysnand?

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I was going to sell my 3DS and I was wondering; how do I remove a cfw? I'm currently using Luma3DS and A9lH. There's gotta be SOME way to uninstall a cfw.

Last edited by Gameboyandwatch,

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
EEZEE, JUST DELETE FIRM0 AD FRIM1 FREM GEDMOOODNAYN AND RIIBOT, YUOU HEVE UNINSTOLLDED SSYNADD!!!!111111!!!!
You can't just uninstall sysNand, sysNand is a way of saying NAND, you wanna know what the NAND is? HERE IT IS!
upload_2017-3-25_23-36-46.jpeg

YOU CAN'T ''UNINSTALL'' HARDWARE!
We need less threads like these ones.

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EEZEE, JUST DELETE FIRM0 AD FRIM1 FREM GEDMOOODNAYN AND RIIBOT, YUOU HEVE UNINSTOLLDED SSYNADD!!!!111111!!!!
You can't just uninstall sysNand, sysNand is a way of saying NAND, you wanna know what the NAND is? HERE IT IS!
View attachment 82445
YOU CAN'T ''UNINSTALL'' HARDWARE!
We need less threads like these ones.
Did you even read the thread? I meant a cfw. It was obvious when I said "Luma3DS"

We need less posts like yours.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike the bandwagon going on, if you have a NAND backup before you installed AL9H, you can just restore that WITHOUT keeping A9LH.
If you don't, all you need to do is remove AL9H and Luma3DS.
I should add that you will NEED to use Decrypt9 for this, Hourglass9 does not have the option to restore a NAND backup without keeping a9lh. Sorry for the crack earlier, couldn't resist ;)

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlike the bandwagon going on, if you have a NAND backup before you installed AL9H, you can just restore that WITHOUT keeping A9LH.
If you don't, all you need to do is remove AL9H and Luma3DS.
Wait, how do I uninstall them? I've never seen an option to do so. I'm looking to send my 3DS to Nintendo before I sell the console, so I really need to.uninstall the two.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, how do I uninstall them? I've never seen an option to do so. I'm looking to send my 3DS to Nintendo before I sell the console, so I really need to.uninstall the two.
Either restore a NAND backup from BEFORE installing a9lh using decrypt9 like we said before, or run safea9lhinstaller as a luma payload just like when you installed a9lh. It will have a new option to uninstall.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gameboyandwatch Dude, you need to chill, we're just joking around. No need to get offended. You made a simple mistake and some people found it funny. Relax. I saw your other thread and although we did make jokes here, multiple of us also gave you the real answer. There was no need for any of that.

Gameboyandwatch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gameboyandwatch Dude, you need to chill, we're just joking around. No need to get offended. You made a simple mistake and some people found it funny. Relax. I saw your other thread and although we did make jokes here, multiple of us also gave you the real answer. There was no need for any of that.
I'll admit it was funny, but at the same time I was pissed off (not over the jokes) and really tired, so I kinda overreacted. Sorry.
Other than that, I successfully removed my CFW.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took a screenshot of the thread title, waaay too funny. Now im actually curious, can you just flat out wipe the nand chip?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Took a screenshot of the thread title, waaay too funny. Now im actually curious, can you just flat out wipe the nand chip?
Restore a NAND backup, except instead of a NAND image, restore a file of the same size with all 0x00's or 0xFF's.

Needless to say, your console will boot with a blue screen and will be essentially useless.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore a NAND backup, except instead of a NAND image, restore a file of the same size with all 0x00's or 0xFF's.

Needless to say, your console will boot with a blue screen and will be essentially useless.
I figured that would do it, though no modern program would allow that to happen, except for a hardmod.

Last edited by Giodude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr