Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
You Keep trying to sell that shit, your abviously a Hombreware seller

1.0.3 is outdate, the only reason to stop at it is the fact it doent have the recent upside down scam f*ckers deterant. so IMHO your selling this in a pack and trying to get info on how to stop shit asking you to update itself

Or to stop using 1.0.6 because it is seriously tweaking out for me...
For someone who has made a lot of posts, you sure are oblivious to what has explicitly been said a few posts above you.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:

1.0.3 is outdate, the only reason to stop at it is the fact it doent have the recent upside down scam f*ckers deterant. so IMHO your selling this in a pack and trying to get info on how to stop shit asking you to update itself
Yup, and myhomebreware installs it via wad for one of them, which, depending on how the wad was packed, will cause the scam screen.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
pepxl said:

For someone who has made a lot of posts, you sure are oblivious to what has explicitly been said a few posts above you.

im sure it "tweaking" out for you, we should open a poll of how many ppl have issues to the amount of ppl who dont because this is the first time ive heard of issues not already be risen and fixed already

heres a way to stop any aggro with HBC 1.0.3 remove the channel...simple......done

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
Zetta_x said:
pepxl said:

im sure it "tweaking" out for you, we should open a poll of how many ppl have issues to the amount of ppl who dont because this is the first time ive heard of issues not already be risen and fixed already

heres a way to stop any aggro with HBC 1.0.3 remove the channel...simple......done

Like I said, I got my wii within the first few weeks of the wii release date. The availability and the amount of luck I had to get one during this time causes me to believe not so many people have got their wii within the first week. My wii has always shown some lack of intelligence when it comes to running homebrew compared to a lot of other people's wii's I have seen. The Wii's I have seen initialize networks on apps on their first try on the homebrew browser and it takes me at least 30 re-trys to initialize the network. Which causes me to believe my wii may have some sort of hardware difference and fails to be completely cooperative with homebrew. I have tried the newest version of 1.0.6 and the amount of errors that are occurring is keeping me from staying on the newest successful homebrew channel (1.0.3).

I never once said that 1.0.6 is a fail boat, I was just simply saying that there is a completely valid reason not to update to 1.0.6 and since there is a completely valid reason not to update to 1.0.6 the author's question of wanting to know how to stop the update is also a completely valid question.

Thanks,
Z

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
preach all you want most, i have 3 Wii's all from different years including a 1st week released Wii(hard to get, preorder shit) and i dont have issues with it

i sticking to my guns and saying the OP's question is definitly Homebreware related whether you like it or not

Enough Said........

Mods feel free to close this sh!t

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
preach all you want most, i have 3 Wii's all from different years including a 1st week released Wii(hard to get, preorder shit) and i dont have issues with it

i sticking to my guns and saying the OP's question is definitly Homebreware related whether you like it or not

Enough Said........

Mods feel free to close this sh!t

I have always found it hilarious when people post the line: Mods feel free to close this thread or something along those lines especially if they aren't the author of the thread. A long time ago, I saw GBAtemp full of intelligent people who have created intelligent discussions to come up solutions for just about everything. Maybe I am in the wrong forum, but it has definitely lost its touch.

Original poster's question is a legitimate question regardless if he building a donkey for all who cares. Then we get the poster(s) who make big accusations that the original poster sells this stuff and based off of that condition, no one should answer their question like if it was a personal grudge or something against the guy and a guy who is not a mod nor the original poster ends his post with "Mods feel free to close this sh!t" to top it all off with their BIG accusations against the original poster.

I am glad that there has been at least some discussion with the question because I am curious to know whether we can stop auto updating or not. Like the original poster, I would of guessed that GBAtemp would of been at least a decent place to ask this question but a forum's value is made up by the users who post there and certainly, as stated, there was almost no value of posting here which is reflected on the handful of users who trolled original poster's thread.

Thanks for anyone who provided a valid discussion towards original poster's question,
Z

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Zetta_x said:
I am glad that there has been at least some discussion with the question because I am curious to know whether we can stop auto updating or not. Like the original poster
Z

as already said disable net access, update HBC or remove the channel, there's no escaping it

like i said before

Enough Said......

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
Zetta_x said:
I am glad that there has been at least some discussion with the question because I am curious to know whether we can stop auto updating or not. Like the original poster
Z

as already said disable net access, update HBC or remove the channel, there's no escaping it

like i said before

Enough Said......

Those are the only solutions, for the average person
wink.gif

The homebrew channel has it's own module of coding in which it performs the action of checking for updates. It is apparent that this module checks the homebrew channel version that you are currently using and not the version that is installed on the wii. For example, I can have both versions 1.0.3 and 1.0.6 on my wii and when I load version 1.0.3 it will still ask me to update. Which implies that the module of coding to perform the updates are only checking the homebrew channel currently in use rather than what is installed on the wii.

With this basic observation in mind, there are at least two possible ways of negating auto-updating.

1)Confuse 1.0.3 to be 1.0.6 with 1.0.3 modules of coding. The homebrew channel will believe it is 1.0.6 but it's actually 1.0.3 and thus it won't ask to update.
2)Since the module of updating doesn't tie in with the use of the internet, somehow blocking the module of the code to update should not interfere with the use of internet with the homebrew channel.

I am only a mathematician with a limited amount of knowledge of coding and I was able to figure out that much. If I had actually more experience with homebrew apps, a solution could be made.

Thanks,
Z

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
download priiloader and remove and install preloader 0.3b and bingo no more update issues, I didnt update for so long because I had to update preloader and didnt think the effort was worth a brick for a number anyway as pepxl said earlier howto update and it was seamless

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmmm, this is odd then, i was tired of the update button as well so i updated one day.... not thinking about preloader ofc at that time, and i still have preloader 0.29... but it is still working for me.. even though it isnt supposed to? ;p

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up