Hacking How do you Stop HBC wanting to update

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
you can still install Priiloader i you already have Preloader installed without having to reinstall the SM, just run the installer and while holding B press minus(-) to remove the older version then repeat the step again but hold B and press plus(+) to install the new version

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
you can still install Priiloader i you already have Preloader installed without having to reinstall the SM, just run the installer and while holding B press minus(-) to remove the older version then repeat the step again but hold B and press plus(+) to install the new version

Ok man that was really easy got priiloader 0.3b on and it goes to a white screen when I hold reset thats right init? it also boots to 1.06, I gather the hacks way is just the same as preloader way etc just enable or disable them?

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can tell my why hbc won't update during the bootmii section? I think it may have something to do with me having cioscorp installed onto my wii.
Oh yeah, and preloader won't update either, it just stays stuck at "Downloading Changelog" :/

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:
Anyone can tell my why hbc won't update during the bootmii section? I think it may have something to do with me having cioscorp installed onto my wii.
Oh yeah, and preloader won't update either, it just stays stuck at "Downloading Changelog" :/
That's because the installer won't run on a corp'd IOS. Use DOP-IOS MOD to install a copy of IOS61 with no patches

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
That's because the installer won't run on a corp'd IOS. Use DOP-IOS MOD to install a copy of IOS61 with no patches

Will I have to reinstall cioscorp and will the DOP-IOS mod affect anything else?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
john.jingle said:
tattar8 said:

Will I have to reinstall cioscorp and will the DOP-IOS mod affect anything else?
No, IOS61 is just for the Shop Channel, I have no idea why it's corp'd by the installer anyway.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
john.jingle said:

because Preloader is outdated and only had the update feature for a single rev .28 to .29(or was it .29 to .30) anyway like i said before run the Priiloader installer to remove the old Preloader and then install the newer Priiloader using the same installer

john.jingle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, well i just started up the update on hbc just to see if it'll work before using the DOP-IOS mod.
What I got is a screen that says i have no known vulnerable IOS installed on my Wii. So using the DOP-IOS will fix this problem right?

And I'll get the priiloader installer right away.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I created an account to just post on this thread:

To all of those saying 1.0.6 is better is not always true. A few days ago, I re-installed 1.0.3 because of the following reasons:

-Even with the internet fix on 1.0.6, the homebrew channel never was able to connect to the internet.
-About a 40% rate of the app loading successfully which implies a 60% rate of having to retry loading an app
-Apps that required an internet connection would fail to initialize network and restart over and over again.

On 1.0.3, I never had any of the above problems and it has been a couple days. I think it's because I have one of the first produced wii's because other than CIOS38 rev 17, my wii doesn't have anymore softmods.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only seen two apps have problems with hbc 1.0.6 Homebrew broswer and usb loader gx. GX is fixable by installing it has a channel (but it's update feature than wont work). The GX's problem most likly fixed, was a few revs ago, but i still like it as a channel.

Hombrew broswer, just have to keep trying. Net connction only fails 1 out of 5 times for it.

I agree, not updating HBC makes no cents at all!

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
hmmmm

2 Q's, what IOS is your HBC running on, and what version is that IOS?

1.06 is better than 1.03, no question about it, i think u had a buggy installation (did u really think your one bad experience outweighed the many more positive ones?)

Hi xflak40,

I am sorry for the delayed response. It is using IOS 51 v18.25, at least it is for 1.0.3.

In this case, 1.0.6 definitely had more bad then good. For example, I have had to restart my wii sometimes up to 3 times in a row if I wanted to get an application running. I put up with this for several months with just about every app. As soon as 1.0.6 came out I installed it. I soon noticed that the recent release had a internet bug on it only on some wiis. In my case my internet wasn't working so I downloaded the fix for it and re-installed it. It would still never initialize the network and my issue has been thrown out the window.

On 1.0.3 I never had any problems at all with it. Runs everything perfect, network initializes 100% of the time, I lose the capability with auto SD detection but it's a small price to pay especially when I only need to push 'reload.' Several other updates to the homebrew channel to 1.0.6 was to get around the 4.2 update, My wii is not 4.2 so I do not exactly require the work arounds.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
You Keep trying to sell that shit, your abviously a Hombreware seller

1.0.3 is outdate, the only reason to stop at it is the fact it doent have the recent upside down scam f*ckers deterant. so IMHO your selling this in a pack and trying to get info on how to stop shit asking you to update itself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1