Hacking How do you actually installed Gateway 3.2.1? nothing happen on my 3DS

askara

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a old 3DS Xl on 9.2 and i followed the following steps(i didnt use the bluecard)

1) Copy the Gateway 3DS 3.2.0 ULTRA Launcher.dat to your New 3DS microSD card
2) Copy mset_<region>.cia to your New 3DS microSD card (where <region> is your console region)
3) Copy "DevMenu.3ds" to your Gateway 3DS microSD card.
4) Boot into the Gateway menu with your preferred entrypoint (Zelda or Cubic Ninja)
5) Select the new "NVRAM INSTALL" option from the menu, proceed with installation.
6) Once installed, boot into Gateway mode and launch DevMenu.3ds from the multirom menu (press SELECT)
7) Start DevMenu and import mset_<region>.cia from your SD card.
8) Reboot console and verify you can now boot into Gateway mode with the classic System Settings DS Profile method. (Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile)
9) Enjoy! No more cartridge swapping required to use Gateway 3DS on New 3DS! :-)

i pretty sure i done all of them above but when i go into DS profile, nothing happen? is this feature for N3DS only? and old 3ds still have to use the browser exploit?

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
You still have to use the browser exploit unless a new GW update states otherwise or until you downgrade to 4.x

pdensco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
hmmm u have booted on gateway mode thats y. i heard that in 3.2.1 it has one more menu sysnand mode u have to install nvram on sysnand not on emunand

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Comprehension of what you read is very important when working with stuff that can potentially brick your 3DS.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a old 3DS Xl on 9.2 and i followed the following steps(i didnt use the bluecard)

1) Copy the Gateway 3DS 3.2.0 ULTRA Launcher.dat to your New 3DS microSD card
2) Copy mset_<region>.cia to your New 3DS microSD card (where <region> is your console region)
3) Copy "DevMenu.3ds" to your Gateway 3DS microSD card.
4) Boot into the Gateway menu with your preferred entrypoint (Zelda or Cubic Ninja)
5) Select the new "NVRAM INSTALL" option from the menu, proceed with installation.
6) Once installed, boot into Gateway mode and launch DevMenu.3ds from the multirom menu (press SELECT)
7) Start DevMenu and import mset_<region>.cia from your SD card.
8) Reboot console and verify you can now boot into Gateway mode with the classic System Settings DS Profile method. (Settings -> Profile -> Nintendo DS profile)
9) Enjoy! No more cartridge swapping required to use Gateway 3DS on New 3DS! :-)

i pretty sure i done all of them above but when i go into DS profile, nothing happen? is this feature for N3DS only? and old 3ds still have to use the browser exploit?
The mset.cia file is for New 3DS systems, because they cannot be downgraded to 4.x like the Old 3DS systems can. I believe the mset.cia will either not install or not work properly on the Old 3DS, but I could be mistaken. There should be instructions on the site for downgrading an Old 3DS system, at which point you can then use the "NVRAM Install" option in the Gateway Launcher, or the GW_INSTALLER.nds on the blue card to install the NVRAM profile, and then the DS Profile method will work.

Until you downgrade your system NAND to 4.x, you will have to use the browser exploit to reach the launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @The Real Jdbye, there wasnt even a conversation in place