Hacking How do I use System Config Tool to delete old accounts without their NNID's passwords?

ZipMartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am trying to remove two accounts from my Wii U's previous owner but I don't have their NNID passwords nor want to format the system. I have found an installable System Config Tool, but the Account Manager option on its menu won't work without the installation of an extra tool, referred as "actmgr". I have found this actmgr on an Wii U SDK and I thought it would function as DLC for the System Config Tool, but I can't just install it, wup installer says I don't have the tickets for that (or something).

Am I on the right track here? I don't even know if there really is an option for deleting accounts on the Account Manager, because I couldn't find any information about how it works or how it can be installed on a stock Wii U. Somebody told me it can show the saved NNID passwords for those accounts and I could use them to delete them.

Just to clarify: I'm not asking for copyrighted software, I think I already have what I need and only don't know how to use it. Also, my Wii U's been hacked with Tiramisu.

neph00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hmmm. I wrote about SCT and account manager. When i was on CHBC the Account Manager worked without any problem, but now iam on Tiramisu and i see the same info about missing actmgr. Strange.
I think you have to be on cbhc to use SCT.
When i was on Cbhc i could see all profiles with their passwords and email adresses, i could even change all parental control setting in it.

I have v 1.43.0 SCT

Edit: sorry i made mistake. I didnt use accaunt manager setting. I used only Parental control setting when i saw onliy pincode and password for my main account because it was written in Secret answer. :(

Edit2: you Can try to install this actmgr with SCT Data Manager > Title Manager > Install. This helped me with one or teo titles when WUP did not managed to install them. And second option is NUSspli which Can create title.tik

Last edited by neph00,
Reactions: ZipMartin

RedDucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can manually delete users using FTPiiU_Everywhere

Connect to your console over FTP and navigate to `storage_mlc/usr/save/system/act`, you should see a bunch of folders with names like 80000043, 80000064, etc. These are the stored users

To find out which user is which you can open each folder and open the `account.dat` file in each, this contains information about the user account such as the NNID username, stored Mii data, NNID password hash (if enabled), etc

Once you find the users you want to delete, simply delete their folders. This will remove them from the console

Though to be clear this won't unlink them from the console. Meaning as far as Nintendo is concerned those accounts are still tied to your console. Since this is a 2nd hand Wii U though, not sure how much you care about that

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar

Connect to your console over FTP and navigate to `storage_mlc/usr/save/system/act`, you should see a bunch of folders with names like 80000043, 80000064, etc. These are the stored users

To find out which user is which you can open each folder and open the `account.dat` file in each, this contains information about the user account such as the NNID username, stored Mii data, NNID password hash (if enabled), etc

Once you find the users you want to delete, simply delete their folders. This will remove them from the console

Though to be clear this won't unlink them from the console. Meaning as far as Nintendo is concerned those accounts are still tied to your console. Since this is a 2nd hand Wii U though, not sure how much you care about that
What does it mean when you say for Nintendo, those accounts are still tied to your console? Does that mean new buyers of that console can't link their own accounts? Is there any implication with deleting NNID this way? Can you elaborate on this?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only way to unlink it is to have the password and nnid, I think, but I don't know if the password is kept in the account file. the above mentions a password hash, so I don't know.

Reactions: ZipMartin

ZipMartin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Edit2: you Can try to install this actmgr with SCT Data Manager > Title Manager > Install. This helped me with one or teo titles when WUP did not managed to install them. And second option is NUSspli which Can create title.tik
Thank you for your answer. I tried to install actmgr through the SCT's title manager, but couldn't do it, it aborted the installation.

Although this seems like a workaround, it worked for me, thank you. I'll keep those folders backed up in case something stops working as it should.

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
That they can't link that NNID to another Wii U
But will people be able to link NNID to that Wii U console itself from which NNID folder was deleted using FTP?
If so, will linking another NNID revoke previously manually deleted NNID from that console?

RedDucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But will people be able to link NNID to that Wii U console itself from which NNID folder was deleted using FTP?
If so, will linking another NNID revoke previously manually deleted NNID from that console?
You can link other NNIDs to that console, but the NNIDs you manually delete can't be linked to other consoles

only way to unlink it is to have the password and nnid, I think, but I don't know if the password is kept in the account file. the above mentions a password hash, so I don't know.
The password hash in the account.dat is the password (for all intents and purposes). Nintendo doesn't use your password directly, it first hashes it on the console and then sends that hash to the servers. It uses the users PID (a unique ID assigned to each user) to determine the hash. For example if a user has the PID "12345" and has the password "password", the resulting hash Nintendo would use is "7ae0c3da183d56bf6c82a67b611ed893c22f2ef163d61e512aa9859225ca03ae". That prevents your real password from over being sent over the wire (so you can't just input it into the password prompt), but so long as you have that hash you could easily still access the account through other means, and since the method used to unlink a NNID from a console is just a single API endpoint you definitely could manually unlink a NNID using the password hash. Though that's a lot of effort for a 2nd hand WiiU

Escancoranco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soychico.trucoteca.com
XP
Country
Spain
You can link other NNIDs to that console, but the NNIDs you manually delete can't be linked to other consoles

The password hash in the account.dat is the password (for all intents and purposes). Nintendo doesn't use your password directly, it first hashes it on the console and then sends that hash to the servers. It uses the users PID (a unique ID assigned to each user) to determine the hash. For example if a user has the PID "12345" and has the password "password", the resulting hash Nintendo would use is "7ae0c3da183d56bf6c82a67b611ed893c22f2ef163d61e512aa9859225ca03ae". That prevents your real password from over being sent over the wire (so you can't just input it into the password prompt), but so long as you have that hash you could easily still access the account through other means, and since the method used to unlink a NNID from a console is just a single API endpoint you definitely could manually unlink a NNID using the password hash. Though that's a lot of effort for a 2nd hand WiiU
after rebooting a system or something does it unlink the account from the console? or maybe since someone interfeered it doesnt?

RedDucks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after rebooting a system or something does it unlink the account from the console? or maybe since someone interfeered it doesnt?
If you manually delete an account from the WiiU then no, it does not get unlinked by the server. Because the server was never told the account was being removed, and the console can't tell the server about an account it no longer has the data for. It's just gone, in purgatory

Escancoranco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soychico.trucoteca.com
XP
Country
Spain
If you manually delete an account from the WiiU then no, it does not get unlinked by the server. Because the server was never told the account was being removed, and the console can't tell the server about an account it no longer has the data for. It's just gone, in purgatory
does this also remove that users mii from the mii maker on the wii u?

Escancoranco

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
soychico.trucoteca.com
XP
Country
Spain
if i manually delete an account and then reinsert the files i deleted manually, would the account be back? im pretty sure it would by installing a nand backup but i have no idea about manually reinserting it
Post automatically merged:

does this also remove that users mii from the mii maker on the wii u?
btw regarding this question i asked in another thread, the answer is yes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up