How do I use NAND Emulation with Rock Band 2?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by IxthusTiger, Apr 24, 2010.

Apr 24, 2010
  1. IxthusTiger
    OP

Member IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    From what I understand, to use NAND Emulation with Rock Band 2, you need to load it via USB with uloader.

I have the actual disk, so how can I use the disk but have it load my DLC from NAND on my USB drive?

Is there a way to automatically save the data to the USB while I download it, or do I have to save it onto the Wii's actual NAND and then transfer to USB? Can I transfer DLC from an SD card to my USB NAND?

2. Szalkow

Member Szalkow RawkSD Cheerleader

United States
    The only ways to emulate DLC in Rock Band 2 that I can think of are using SNEEK or using Hermes' uLoader with DLC NAND emulation.

SNEEK should be able to use the disc channel to play the game, although I'm not sure about the compatibility or whether it will work with the music store. It's also something of a hassle to set up.

Hermes uLoader 4.9 and later can run games from USB with nand emulation. This is arguably easier to set up and a little faster than SNEEK. You can't run it using the disc but, given that you're already pirating DLC, backing up your disc using the uLoader game installation feature shouldn't be a problem.

In either case, because the NAND is being emulated anything you save or download (including save files and new DLC) will go straight to your emulated nand location on your USB drive.

Since you have a Rock Band 2 disc, the most ideal solution would be the upcoming RawkSD v3, which will support DLC and customs loading from USB or SDHC at much faster speeds than NAND emulation. The downside to this is that it's not out yet and there is no set release date - but when it's released it will be awesome.

3. toejam316

Member toejam316 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    SNEEK works with Wiimote instruments - no USB instruments will work. uLoader is probably your best bet.

4. Lee Zappetta

Newcomer Lee Zappetta Member

United States
    Sneek's loading speeds are much faster than uLoader's. USB instruments work with Sneek, but not with Uneek. You can't use the music store with either.

Lee

5. atomikramp

Member atomikramp GBAtemp Regular

Italy
    does USB stuff work with sneek + di?

for example usb instruments or wiispeak?

6. Digital1980

Member Digital1980 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    read the above post.

7. Digital1980

United States
    Yo Lee:

Are you running GH DLC content as well? I'm having trouble getting that game to load with SNEEK+DI. It shows up as sample game when I load the menu.

I can get RB2 to run though. I followed your steps to loading the .app files into my NAND. I would assume GH is the same way once I get it running in SNEEK.

Do you extract the files from each game the same way? I'm using Wiiscrubber and YSO. Might have to try DiscEX.

-Digital

8. Lee Zappetta

United States
    I don't know about Sneek+DI. I have the Rock Band 2 retail disc.

I don't have the Guitar Hero 5 retail disc, so I don't know the answer, but I imagine it's quite similar.

Sorry.

Lee

9. Digital1980

United States
    I'm with you now. Thanks for clarifying that. I also think it's similar with GH5 method, except all content might just to one folder instead. I read Band Hero, GHWT and GH5 all share the same DLC.

10. Lee Zappetta

United States
    After a bit of googling and applying some common sense, I'll attempt to explain how to go about doing the same for Guitar Hero 5...

There are 5 Guitar Hero DLC generations. Their tickets should be...

ticket/00010005/73594f45: World Tour Imports/Fixes
    ticket/00010005/73584145: World Tour
    ticket/00010005/73584545: Guitar Hero 5
    ticket/00010005/73584645: Band Hero
    ticket/00010005/73584745: Smash Hits

I don't know which songs for World Tour are which, but with a little trial and error you should be able to figure it out. Once you have a song for each generation, you should be able to dump the nand and pull the tickets in the same way as Rock Band 2. I can't do this myself as I don't have Guitar Hero 5. If someone would like to send me a retail copy, I'd be more than happy to work out all the kinks. [​IMG]

The DLC itself should go in the corresponding folders...

title/00010005/73594f45/content: World Tour Imports/Fixes
    title/00010005/73584145/content: World Tour
    title/00010005/73584545/content: Guitar Hero 5
    title/00010005/73584645/content: Band Hero
    title/00010005/73584745/content: Smash Hits

Good luck and I apologize if any of this is misinformation, it's just googling and assumption.

Lee

11. D34DL1N3R

Member D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    I know this is an older topic but I didn't see any need for a new one.
    Anyway... how MUCH faster is Sneek than uLoader when loading RB DLC from an emulated nand on a USB drive?