Hacking How do I update the IOS only?

kickrz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I guess I need to update my IOS in order for my softmodded Wii to detect my USB. I bought EA Sports Active 2 and it uses a USB to control the wireless controllers, however the USB is not being detected. I have updated homebrew, tried both upper and lower slots, unplugging the wii but nothing is working.

I didn't actually mod the wii myself so it is all new to me but from what I gather I need to update the IOS. I posted on another forum but since posting it seems to be down and I am worried who to trust because I don't want to ruin the Wii.

Can anyone tell me how I can update the IOS only? I have neogamma and homebrew loaded on it.

TIA
smile.gif

ETA: Pimp my wii was also suggested but not sure if it is safe or what.

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use dopmii to install the proper ios. I don't know which ios it uses, but it is probably 56, 57, or 58. So installing the latest version of those should probably work. One other to try is ios 37. These are the usb enabled ios's that i know of.

Dopmii link

kickrz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have updated all IOS and it still isn't working. It was suggested to change neogamma from IOS249 to ISO222 but I am not sure if that is a good idea or even how to.

I have no idea what else to try...I hate to take the game back already.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kickrz said:
I have updated all IOS and it still isn't working. It was suggested to change neogamma from IOS249 to ISO222 but I am not sure if that is a good idea or even how to.

I have no idea what else to try...I hate to take the game back already.
You are playing a RETAIL disc from the BACKUP LOADER neogamma? Why this? If it is a RETAIL disc, start it with Gecko OS and it should work perfect:
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Geck:wtf:S

kickrz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have no clue really...I just have always launched through the backup launcher/neogamma...I don't see any other option...Is that something else I need to download and install?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
kickrz said:
I have no clue really...I just have always launched through the backup launcher/neogamma...I don't see any other option...Is that something else I need to download and install?
This is another loader created to load retail discs only, so it should work then.
Here is the direct link:
http://www.usbgecko.com/downloads/gecko1931.zip
Extract the Gecko1931 folder from "Gecko1931\Gecko1931\HBC" to your apps folder and start it from the homebrew channel.

kickrz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I downloaded it and extracted right to the app folder, then put the card back in the Wii. How do I install the app from the card to the wii through HB?

kickrz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dter ic said:
what about the official wii menu? where you launch your retail games?

I have always just clicked on the backup launcher and never had a problem.
My Menu consists of Wii backup launcher, Mii, Photo Channel, WII shop, Forecast, New, Wii + Internet, Wii Fit and the homebrew channel

kickrz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
kickrz said:
This is another loader created to load retail discs only, so it should work then.
Here is the direct link:
http://www.usbgecko.com/downloads/gecko1931.zip
Extract the Gecko1931 folder from "Gecko1931\Gecko1931\HBC" to your apps folder and start it from the homebrew channel.

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
It totally works!!!!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: