Gaming How do I tell if my DS has a screen protector on it?

topicaltapioca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I tell if my DS has a screen protector on it?

Just bought a DSi, not sure if it has a screen protector on it, don't want to accidentally rip up the screen thinking it's a protector.

topicaltapioca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
used, of course, otherwise it wouldn't have one on it

it's hard to tell if it's gunk at the perfect angle, or a screen protector, going to take it apart.

DSis didn't use tri-wing screwdrivers it seems?

the little snots that owned it before screamed profanities into the DSi sound program, ate food all over it, and chewed the stylus.

My parents would've sold my gameboy to buy a stick big enough to beat me.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Look in the corner of the screen. The DS lite protector I have, its rounded edges, so it doesn't fit in the corner. You should be able to tell. If not, as crazy as it sounds, what I did, I used a thumbtack to lightly, and I mean extremely lightly pick at the corner to see if it did. If the thumbtack moved, it was gunk, If it got stuck, then it had a protector on it.

Of course the protector I had, the corners had 4 rounded corners.. so it made it easy to see.

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you know what? even if you bought it used and you don't know if it had or not the protection,buy one and put anyway just to be sure, after this if you think in some way the touchscreen is failing then you shoud remove it

topicaltapioca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No screen protector, I'll need to figure a way to fix it or buy a new screen.

I used a new exacto knife blade lightly on the corners, just gunk.

Thanks much.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get some canned air or whatever to make sure you clean it, maybe a cloth afterwards. I sometimes use glasses cleaner on a cloth and give it a quick wipe. Then just get some screen protectors. Not surprising kids didn't have screen protectors, not very many kids do when it comes to electronics.

[the fuck? afterwards isn't a word? afterward? that doesn't sound right...]

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How can you NOT tell if it has a screen protector or not?! Its so easy to tell, just look at the texture of the screen you CAN tell

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FireGrey said:
Do you have any air bubbles on the screen?
Oh and you can't rip off the DSi's screens.

I have no air bubbles on my screen protector...

QUOTEHow can you NOT tell if it has a screen protector or not?! Its so easy to tell, just look at the texture of the screen you CAN tell

Well if he's never seen a DSi screen before or something, it's sort of hard to tell what the texture should look like.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A good way to check for a screen protector without risking damaging the screen is to use a guitar pick which is plastic and has no sharp edges....guitar picks also work great as a tool to open cases of small electronics such as ipods, cell phones, etc.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
topicaltapioca said:
used, of course, otherwise it wouldn't have one on it

it's hard to tell if it's gunk at the perfect angle, or a screen protector, going to take it apart.

DSis didn't use tri-wing screwdrivers it seems?

the little snots that owned it before screamed profanities into the DSi sound program, ate food all over it, and chewed the stylus.

My parents would've sold my gameboy to buy a stick big enough to beat me.
Eeeewww... why didn't you just buy it new!?

QUOTE(RchUncleSkeleton @ Nov 8 2010, 07:16 PM) A good way to check for a screen protector without risking damaging the screen is to use a guitar pick which is plastic and has no sharp edges....guitar picks also work great as a tool to open cases of small electronics such as ipods, cell phones, etc.
Huh... how good are they at separating Lego?

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Huh... how good are they at separating Lego?

Not sure....never tried it! I'm guessing a pick thin enough to fit between the lego wouldn't be strong enough to separate them...If it's something you're not particularly worried about scratching or gouging you can probably use the dull side of a butter knife or something to get it apart....be careful when trying to separate metals though as they will get bent using such tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-