Homebrew How do I remove a9lh+luma3ds to factory settings?

mrvandal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to return my 3ds to factory settings so I can return it to the place I bought it from. Unfortunately after installing a9lh I realized that a few keys weren't working properly and the camera also doesn't work. I have all 3 of my emuNand and sysNand back up files but not sure what steps to take to remove it completely if anyone could give me a few steps or post a link to a uninstall guide that'd be great. I have to return it by tomorrow, otherwise I won't be able to get a refund. Thanks

KeyMastar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to use Decrypt9 to restore the original backup of your NAND. There is an option in the sysNAND restore menu that does not preserve a9lh.

mrvandal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to use Decrypt9 to restore the original backup of your NAND. There is an option in the sysNAND restore menu that does not preserve a9lh.
Okay so restore the first original back up that the plailect guide had me save on my computer? After that would I have to do a normal system update to get rid of fbi injector, menuhax,etc? Doesn't the first sysNAND backup still have emunand9 saved on the system? Thanks.

KeyMastar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so restore the first original back up that the plailect guide had me save on my computer? After that would I have to do a normal system update to get rid of fbi injector, menuhax,etc? Doesn't the first sysNAND backup still have emunand9 saved on the system? Thanks.
The original sysNAND backup from plailect's guide is a clean 9.2.0 image. emunand9 is only on the sd card. The original backup should not contain an injected FBI, though it may contain menuhax. To get rid of menuhax, just switch home themes. Once you are flashed to that image, you should be good to do a system update to 11.0.0 to have a fresh system. Or you could just leave it on 9.2 for the next guy who buys it to get in case he happens to want to install a9lh on it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
emuNAND9 is on the SD card, not the NAND, same goes for menuhax. If you had FBI injected when you made the NAND backup then you should install the original H&S CIA after restoring the backup to get it back to stock.

mrvandal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original sysNAND backup from plailect's guide is a clean 9.2.0 image. emunand9 is only on the sd card. The original backup should not contain an injected FBI, though it may contain menuhax. To get rid of menuhax, just switch home themes. Once you are flashed to that image, you should be good to do a system update to 11.0.0 to have a fresh system. Or you could just leave it on 9.2 for the next guy who buys it to get in case he happens to want to install a9lh on it.
Okay thanks for your help. In the sysnand backup/Restore options there are 3 options to restore. There is NAND Restore, NAND restore (forced) and NAND restore (Keep al9h) I'm wondering if I should proceed with the regular restore or the (forced) restore?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la