Homebrew How do I manually install HiyaCFW?

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I wanted to set up an SDNAND to make a hybrid nand, but it whitescreens! I was thinking and I remember the helper causing issues. Thing is, I don't remember how to manually install HiyaCFW.
before you ask I have like 2 gigs of free space on it
Edit: For some reason my flashcart breaks hiyacfw

Last edited by alivebacon,

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anything else, I gotta ask.. Is your status a reference to Homestar Runner? If so, hell yeah, dude. That show kicks ass.

But I should mention, this thread seems to have a pretty useful guide on how to do that manually. Let me know if that works. If not, make sure 7-Zip is on your computer, and updated to the newest version before trying to use the helper. It does funky stuff otherwise.

Reactions: alivebacon

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before anything else, I gotta ask.. Is your status a reference to Homestar Runner? If so, hell yeah, dude. That show kicks ass.

But I should mention, this thread seems to have a pretty useful guide on how to do that manually. Let me know if that works. If not, make sure 7-Zip is on your computer, and updated to the newest version before trying to use the helper. It does funky stuff otherwise.
First, yeah it is, and second, I'll try that. I found it but it seems outdated. I'll also try updating 7zip.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wait, which folder in the 00030017 folder is the European launcher? Is it the one ending in 45?
the only .app i have in the 00030017 folder is 00000007.app is something wrong or not
Edit: I tried using 00000007.app as a 00000002.app and it still whitescreens. The difference is that my console completely locks up.

StrayGuitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, which folder in the 00030017 folder is the European launcher? Is it the one ending in 45?
the only .app i have in the 00030017 folder is 00000007.app is something wrong or not
Edit: I tried using 00000007.app as a 00000002.app and it still whitescreens. The difference is that my console completely locks up.

I'm not actually sure, as I haven't had to do this myself. How did updating 7-Zip work out?

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not actually sure, as I haven't had to do this myself. How did updating 7-Zip work out?
I was on the latest version already. Any other ideas as to how I could get this working? I wanna make a classroom nand with the dev apps
I'm gonna try using another SDNAND and freenanding it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might have too much free space

StrayGuitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on the latest version already. Any other ideas as to how I could get this working? I wanna make a classroom nand with the dev apps
I'm gonna try using another SDNAND and freenanding it

I might have too much free space

That shouldn't be a problem, I used a 32 gig card on my DSi. What system version are you on?

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That shouldn't be a problem, I used a 32 gig card on my DSi. What system version are you on?
1.4.5E. I have used this in the past and it works. i thought 2 gigs worked but no. I'll try 1 gig and if that fails, try someone else's sdnand freenanded. if THAT fails i ask rocketrobz.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.4.5E. I have used this in the past and it works. i thought 2 gigs worked but no. I'll try 1 gig and if that fails, try someone else's sdnand freenanded. if THAT fails i ask rocketrobz.

Sounds like a plan, because this is where my expertise seems to run out. Which is shocking, that doesn't happen often, especially with DSi stuff..

Out of curiosity, what exploit did you use to install Unlaunch?

alivebacon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the freeNAND with a working SDNAND isnt working

This is really stupid. Somehow, my FLASHCART was breaking it.
MY FLASHCART WAS BREAKING IT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.