Hacking How do I get Wiiware capability on my 3.2(U) Wii?

doom5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way to go about getting WiiWare compatibility on my old version 3.2(U) firmware? Is there a safe update to a 3.2 version with WiiWare support? Or do I need to go to 3.3?

What program would I use to upgrade? My Wii is chipped. Should I install any of the custom firmwares?

I couldn't find a FAQ entry regarding these questions.

Thanks!

doom5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Photokon said:
Twilight princess hack

Homebrew .9

WAD loader; such as "wadmanager 1.3"

3.2 doesn't support Wiiware. ?I already have those installed. My question is, how do I update/which version firmware do I update to without killing homebrew?

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
doom5 said:
Photokon said:
Twilight princess hack

Homebrew .9

WAD loader; such as "wadmanager 1.3"

3.2 doesn't support Wiiware. ?I already have those installed. My question is, how do I update/which version firmware do I update to without killing homebrew?
thats how. HBC beta 9 has a safe update feature.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
doom5 said:
3.2 doesn't support wiiware? How am I using wiiware titles with my 3.2 wii then? and with 3.1 before that.

SOME titles will only work with 3.3 system menu, but you can use wadpacker to change the ios they require.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This will stop the resetting back to the Main System Menu when launching WiiWare.

For NTSC-North America users, on step 3 and step 4:

3. When asked to patch the .dol file, press 0. After it finishes, press any key.

Press 1 instead.

4. For the next option (Video Mode Changer), press A then enter. If converting to PAL, choose option 1, if not, choose 2, then press enter. Press any key to continue.

Press 2 as you want it to stay NTSC.

For the most part everything else can be followed word for word.

---

For PAL users, just make sure to select PAL when following along. When converting, you want it to be converted NTSC to PAL, which will be option 1 at step 4.

It doesnt matter what region you get the wad from. Just make sure to convert it to PAL even if it is already is a PAL wad.

---

The following is a direct quote.

All thanks goes directly to Eeyoregurl27.

---
QUOTE said:
Eeyoregurl27:
Hello
smile.gif
I'm the person who cracked Angel Solitaire and Oekaki Logic. I decided to try and crack these myself by reading this topic (specifically posts #113 and #116), but it seems the directions were a bit scrambled. After playing around with various settings on wwpacker and GenericWiiPatcher, I finally figured out how to properly patch these Wiiware games to work correctly with no problems. Now I'm going to tell you all how I did it as clearly as I can (note: I'm going to be explaining the way to do it with a JP wad, but it should work for other regions by making adjustments as needed
happy.gif
).

Tools needed:
wwpacker 1.6 (download from here: http://sharebee.com/bbc2ec50 )
common-key.bin (Google iz yur frend
biggrin.gif
)
Generic Wii Patcher (download from here: Generic Wii Patcher 1.11 )
WiiWare wad you want to patch (for this example a Japanese one)

Before you begin:
-Unzip wwpacker to C:\ or whatever letter your root hard drive is (to reduce the possibility of errors)
-Place common-key.bin in the wwpacker folder
-Unzip GenericWiiPatcher and paste a copy to the wwpacker folder
-Place an unzipped copy of your wad into the wwpacker folder

How to crack:
1. Drag the wad to the file named _wwunpacker.bat. When the program is finished, press any key to close the window.
2. Drag the whole folder the program produced to the file named _wwpacker-IOS35-Plus.bat.
3. When asked to patch the .dol file, press 0. After it finishes, press any key.
4. For the next option (Video Mode Changer), press A then enter. If converting to PAL, choose option 1, if not, choose 2, then press enter. Press any key to continue.
5. Now it should have the option to patch the .dol file with Generic Wii Patcher. Leaving the DOS window open, go to your wwpacker folder and open GenericWiiPatcher.exe.
*5a. Under GWP, press open and go to your wwpacker folder. The folder of the unpacked wad should be the only one to select if you didn't unpack any other wads there. Open it, select the .dol file, and press open.
*5b. The only options you need to use with this are the Error001-Fix and the Country Strings. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE!
*5c. Under Error001-Fix, press Search, then Press Remove 001. Under Country Strings, select the country of your choice, then press Patch Strings. Press Save. Close Generic Wii Patcher.
6. Press the DOS window so it has the focus again. Press any key to repack the wad. Press any key again to close the window.
7. Rename your new wad whatever you want, use Wad Installer/Manager to install on your Wii, and enjoy your new game
biggrin.gif

Note that this is explaining how to crack a Japanese game. You will have to use a different setting for step 3 if you're using a game from another region. It should all work the same
happy.gif

Topic:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi: