Homebrew How do I get the homebrew app to appear on my homemenu?

R08Y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I'm asking this so that i don't need to hold L while opening my 3ds and stuff.

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Install the homebrew launcher cia. You can only install cia's with CFW though.

You can also install other homebrew if it's available in cia file

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming the "Hold L" while starting it up is referring to Menuhax and that you are currently on 11.0

Check your System Settings, the bottom right for your firmware version number, if it is not 11.0, then we can help you.

If it is 11.0, then sadly that is the easiest way into the Homebrew Launcher for you as of right now.

R08Y

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Install the homebrew launcher cia. You can only install cia's with CFW though.

You can also install other homebrew if it's available in cia file
Something like FBI or devmenu?

I'm assuming the "Hold L" while starting it up is referring to Menuhax and that you are currently on 11.0

Check your System Settings, the bottom right for your firmware version number, if it is not 11.0, then we can help you.

If it is 11.0, then sadly that is the easiest way into the Homebrew Launcher for you as of right now.
I was asking just to make sure before I get my New 3DS xl. I don't have any type of hax yet :P.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country

Not necessarily. A system version of 11.0 might mean he's using CFW, with 11.0 installed either in emuNAND or in updated sysNAND through A9LH. So checking the system version is not a reliable way of determining whether CIA installation is possible.

@R08Y
Do you have CFW installed, such as Luma, ReiNAND etc.?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily. A system version of 11.0 might mean he's using CFW, with 11.0 installed either in emuNAND or in updated sysNAND through A9LH. So checking the system version is not a reliable way of determining whether CIA installation is possible.

@R08Y
Do you have CFW installed, such as Luma, ReiNAND etc.?
He already said he doesn't even have the system yet mashers :P

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something like FBI or devmenu?

I was asking just to make sure before I get my New 3DS xl. I don't have any type of hax yet :P.

Then yes, first off you will want to get a 3DS with any firmware before 11.0 as it does not have any public kernel *hax at the moment.
After getting it, BrowserHax will probably be the easiest way for you to get access to the homebrew menu.
I recommend downgrading to 9.2 as it gives you more options in terms of everything modding, but if you don't then you can simply configure MenuHax to auto-boot to the Homebrew Launcher.
If you do decide to downgrade then people here shall help you along :3

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
He already said he doesn't even have the system yet mashers :P
Oh I didn't see that response. Nonetheless, checking the system version may still be an unreliable method of determining hackability as if he buys a used 3DS it may already have CFW installed.

@R08Y
You should aim to get a 3DS which either already has CFW (custom firmware) installed, or as @Wolfy said, get one with any firmware below 11.0. Then you can downgrade to 9.2 if necessary, install custom firmware, and finally once everything else is done, install this:

https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

That will add an icon to your home menu which will launch the Homebrew menu.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally would never suggest for a noob to buy a prehacked console simply because doing the process yourself teaches you how to use the hacks. Most people that sell prehacked don't follow up with their customers and you end up with tons of noob threads starting with "Well, I bought this hacked 3DS but I don't know what I have or how to use it". IF they buy an exploitable system and do it themselves they come away with more knowledge about how to operate/update the hax.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually gridlauncher updates automatically, and Luma3ds has a built in uodater. Cias can also be updated through honebr3w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1