Hacking How do i get my EZ-Flash 5i to work on my DSi ver 1.4E?

Hasaxan92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says, how do i do it?
I know EZ have shown how to but that includes to have another DS.
But i don't have any and i don't want to buy a new one just for that.

Anyway to do it without another DS?

casidepro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No i'm afraid that's the only way to update if you already updated your dsi.

Don't you have a friend with a ds that you can borrow.

Hasaxan92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
casidepro said:
No i'm afraid that's the only way to update if you already updated your dsi.

Don't you have a friend with a ds that you can borrow.
I am afraid not
frown.gif

medic7012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you do it if you have another ds? Forgive me if its a stupid question but I keep hearing I have to run the updater but I cant find it. Where can I find a download for the v14 firmware? The one here I am having problems downloading. Could that be because I am using safari? Sorry been researching all day and coming up empty handed!!!

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
medic7012 said:
How do you do it if you have another ds? Forgive me if its a stupid question but I keep hearing I have to run the updater but I cant find it. Where can I find a download for the v14 firmware? The one here I am having problems downloading. Could that be because I am using safari? Sorry been researching all day and coming up empty handed!!!
Search the downloads section of this site.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6651 or http://www.mediafire.com/?nmim2ozygm2
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6757 or http://www.mediafire.com/?mt5yummmjzm

medic7012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Thanks for the media fire link I was able to download from there. It is a binary file? How do I run the update. when I place the file on my card and try to run it nothing happens. Everything I read said the update was a .nds file. Again sorry for my lack of knowledge with this stuff. Thanks!!!!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Binary file ?
unsure.gif

Are you sure you have downloaded the right file ?
rolleyes.gif

You must have a .rar file with 3 files inside (1 nds which is the firmware, and 2 txt files).

medic7012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file type in the links above is .7z. I think I am having an issue extracting it because I am using mac. Does anyone have it or know where to get it as .rar or a regular zip?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!