How did you get Introduced of This Whole Modding..

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A friend of mine got a PS1 that was modded, I modded my gamecube a few years ago, followed by my PS1, Xbox and another Xbox.
I am beyond that now, I prefer to buy my games, even if I plan to buy what I download it would never happen so its best to stay away.

rest0re

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i was buying crack cocaine thru internet and then one time, they didn't have crack so they gave me r4. they told me that i can found roms from gbatemp.net but they lied and i found this site!

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Giga_Gaia said:
I didn't get introduced, I just always knew about it and got my ps1 on release date modded sooner after.

The first PS1 mod was a piece of blu-tac
wink.gif

... or, for some, a LEGO figure's head lol

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
2003, in the middle of a street, at the start of a random trip to a burger shop at 1 o'clock in the morning. You know, the kind of 1am takeaway expedition that spawns from an online group of bored individuals who live in the same town. While waiting for a few other people to get there one of the guys was playing Castlevania on a Supercard/ X-Rom (I forget), tilting his GBA at stupid angles to light it up from a wall streetlight. The flashcart came up after a conversation about traplights. You can't make this shit up. Anyway, I did my homework and spent a whole year saving up for an EZFA. Worth every penny
smile.gif

Well that was the GBA anyway. Our Atari ST was mostly pirate discs, but I take no responsibility for that, and our PSX is chipped but I've only tried to use it once (Final Fantasy Tactics). I thought the region hack was failing but actually I didn't know how to burn an ISO at the time, which kind of explains why that didn't work.
biggrin.gif

TrippyJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One day, my dad went, "Hmmm...it would be cheaper for us if I got our Playstation modded, and I just made a lot of back-ups."

And so we took our PS to Chinatown, got it modded, and I continued on with...everything else, really.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrippyJing said:
One day, my dad went, "Hmmm...it would be cheaper for us if I got our Playstation modded, and I just made a lot of back-ups."

And so we took our PS to Chinatown, got it modded, and I continued on with...everything else, really.

Where do you go in the USA to get something modded? I thought they were illegal here.
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress