Gaming How did the first global testfire round go?

Eddypikachu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was in my calculus class when the first testfire round happened so I couldn't join in haha, but anyways I would love to hear your current thoughts about Splatoon 2 before I get to experience it myself later tonight. From viewing the demos I don't think the graphics are as good as the original Splatoon, the ink isn't as shiny ans there aren't that many lighting effects as the first one had, hopefully this will be fixed later in development. How where the controls? Still as tight and responsive? Please do not spare me the details! :)

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Short lived. It actually ran pretty solid. I don't know numbers, but I didn't experience the issues that Splatoon 1 had with its test fire.

The controls are still Splatoon-esque and really snappy. I turned off motion controls because it's just not something I want to learn. I'm used to dual stick shooters, so I handled just fine.

The graphics actually looked a bit crisper than Splatoon 1 IMO. Wondering whether or not the final release will even bring much of a difference in that area.

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nah, it looks and plays just like the first one (if not better), didnt have any connection problems whatsoever and the new weapons and special weapons are a nice addition

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only got in for 6-9mins.
The game had connection problems between rounds.
Boot it up and couldnt connect error try again it work. Loaded training, errorr try again it work.
finish training went into match error retry work. Took about a min to get a full game.
Then play for about 5mins.

The game play just fine and ran smooth. Motion controls are pure crap IMO. so glad you can disable them.
I had the game perorder since you where able to so this should be fun.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Great performance, lots of fun for a first-time Splatoon player. Took me maybe ten minutes to get into my first match but then there were plenty of people online and just went from one match to the next for the whole hour.

D

Deleted User

Watched Nintendo Treehouse, nothing special.
It's just like Splatoon 1 but with additional weapons and maps?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Watched Nintendo Treehouse, nothing special.
It's just like Splatoon 1 but with additional weapons and maps?
"It's like the first, but with new features and weapons and locations."

Kinda like every sequel ever. Not sure what you expected.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a game i find of interest, if i ever buy this game it be on discount for more than %50 off and the only reason i'll ever play/talk about it would be to someone just to have it in common with (Especially women) :P

As much as i see this as a game to make friends with potential, is hard to find it so "Pretty amazing" That a sequel was made only not to focus on improving single player experience since obviously online mode is missing a important thing of COMMUNICATION! :wtf:

I can see the discord servers being party chat for this kind of thing all the time.

Reactions: Baoulettes

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks like the first one to me, plays just fine. I only played 30 minutes, and got a connection error. Had things to do...but 30 minutes was good enough to get a feel for the game

Enjoyed the first although I never played it for too long. Will definitely get this one, as the portability factor just sounds too good

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
jvooXyP.jpg

My DNS is against me as I only play 15 seconds before it got down, but tested the new dual shots and o boy, they are FUN!!

(note: I am the only weirdo whose name start with a number)

Last edited by Xabring, , Reason: Pointing the weirdo out.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That a sequel was made only not to focus on improving single player experience since obviously online mode is missing a important thing of COMMUNICATION! :wtf:
You realize this is a very limited beta, right? Voice chat is being released at or around the same time as this game later in summer. Also, this game does have basic communication in the form of callouts, try pressing the D buttons.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You realize this is a very limited beta, right? Voice chat is being released at or around the same time as this game later in summer. Also, this game does have basic communication in the form of callouts, try pressing the D buttons.
My Joy Con has no directional buttons :creep:

Yes i'm currently aware of the situation of this game, still the question i have no answer to is how this game get a sequel? :P

While i rather avoid bashing a game or have people see it as bashing, i will try it more, just one hour every 8 hours is awkward timing for me. :unsure:

Reactions: Zense

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
While i rather avoid bashing a game or have people see it as bashing, i will try it more, just one hour every 8 hours is awkward timing for me. :unsure:
Somewhat inconvenient I'd say, yes. Then again it is a free beta test to gauge interest and put some weight on the servers, it's not meant to be a demo. A demo version would be nice when the game releases. Regardless, it's my understanding that Splatoon 1 has tons of features that will be included in the full second game (loadouts, customizable clothes with abilities, 16 maps, 4 game modes). That coupled with having played 2 a bit myself make me understand the review scores given to the first game.

Last edited by Xzi,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
It was good for me, I guess, but after a few disconnections, I gave up.
Splatoon 2 actually was fun, so I grabbed a download code of the original Splatoon that I got with my Wii U and redeemed it on my Wii U to prepare for the sequel.

LoDeus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gyroscope is awful to play, especially in portable, play in docked or tabletop if you want to aim properly

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its gonna be tough getting used to B for jump instead of X

The way they set up the map to a button rather than another screen device (Wii U gamepad) is smooth and streamlined. I was really concerned how they would pull it off but it works well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: