How did the first global testfire round go?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Eddypikachu, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Eddypikachu
    OP

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    I was in my calculus class when the first testfire round happened so I couldn't join in haha, but anyways I would love to hear your current thoughts about Splatoon 2 before I get to experience it myself later tonight. From viewing the demos I don't think the graphics are as good as the original Splatoon, the ink isn't as shiny ans there aren't that many lighting effects as the first one had, hopefully this will be fixed later in development. How where the controls? Still as tight and responsive? Please do not spare me the details! :)

2. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Short lived. It actually ran pretty solid. I don't know numbers, but I didn't experience the issues that Splatoon 1 had with its test fire.

The controls are still Splatoon-esque and really snappy. I turned off motion controls because it's just not something I want to learn. I'm used to dual stick shooters, so I handled just fine.

The graphics actually looked a bit crisper than Splatoon 1 IMO. Wondering whether or not the final release will even bring much of a difference in that area.

3. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    nah, it looks and plays just like the first one (if not better), didnt have any connection problems whatsoever and the new weapons and special weapons are a nice addition

4. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Only got in for 6-9mins.
    The game had connection problems between rounds.
    Boot it up and couldnt connect error try again it work. Loaded training, errorr try again it work.
    finish training went into match error retry work. Took about a min to get a full game.
    Then play for about 5mins.

The game play just fine and ran smooth. Motion controls are pure crap IMO. so glad you can disable them.
    I had the game perorder since you where able to so this should be fun.

5. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Great performance, lots of fun for a first-time Splatoon player. Took me maybe ten minutes to get into my first match but then there were plenty of people online and just went from one match to the next for the whole hour.

6. Kikirini

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

May 18, 2011
    United States
    Vermont, USA
    It was lots of fun! Though the jump control being changed messed with me a lot.
    I was surprised at how much I like the dualies. Usually I'm a roller only girl.

7. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Watched Nintendo Treehouse, nothing special.
    It's just like Splatoon 1 but with additional weapons and maps?

8. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    "It's like the first, but with new features and weapons and locations."

Kinda like every sequel ever. Not sure what you expected.

9. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Not a game i find of interest, if i ever buy this game it be on discount for more than %50 off and the only reason i'll ever play/talk about it would be to someone just to have it in common with (Especially women) :P

As much as i see this as a game to make friends with potential, is hard to find it so "Pretty amazing" That a sequel was made only not to focus on improving single player experience since obviously online mode is missing a important thing of COMMUNICATION! :wtf:

I can see the discord servers being party chat for this kind of thing all the time.

Baoulettes likes this.
  10. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    gam had no lag for me was fun to play had a few disconnections whilst in docked mode and none in handheld mode

11. anthonyplep

anthonyplep (´ε` )

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    Ohio
    Looks like the first one to me, plays just fine. I only played 30 minutes, and got a connection error. Had things to do...but 30 minutes was good enough to get a feel for the game

Enjoyed the first although I never played it for too long. Will definitely get this one, as the portability factor just sounds too good

12. Xabring

Xabring GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2013
    Mexico
    Somewhere, Earth.
    [​IMG]
    My DNS is against me as I only play 15 seconds before it got down, but tested the new dual shots and o boy, they are FUN!!

(note: I am the only weirdo whose name start with a number)

Last edited by Xabring, Mar 24, 2017 - Reason: Pointing the weirdo out.
  13. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    You realize this is a very limited beta, right? Voice chat is being released at or around the same time as this game later in summer. Also, this game does have basic communication in the form of callouts, try pressing the D buttons.

14. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    My Joy Con has no directional buttons :creep:

Yes i'm currently aware of the situation of this game, still the question i have no answer to is how this game get a sequel? :P

While i rather avoid bashing a game or have people see it as bashing, i will try it more, just one hour every 8 hours is awkward timing for me. :unsure:

Zense likes this.
  15. Xzi

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Somewhat inconvenient I'd say, yes. Then again it is a free beta test to gauge interest and put some weight on the servers, it's not meant to be a demo. A demo version would be nice when the game releases. Regardless, it's my understanding that Splatoon 1 has tons of features that will be included in the full second game (loadouts, customizable clothes with abilities, 16 maps, 4 game modes). That coupled with having played 2 a bit myself make me understand the review scores given to the first game.

Last edited by Xzi, Mar 24, 2017
  16. CatmanFan

CatmanFan nope

Aug 14, 2016
    Morocco
    It was good for me, I guess, but after a few disconnections, I gave up.
    Splatoon 2 actually was fun, so I grabbed a download code of the original Splatoon that I got with my Wii U and redeemed it on my Wii U to prepare for the sequel.

17. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    im still trying to figure why i got disconnected so much in docked mode but never in tabletop or tablet wtf ????

18. LoDeus

LoDeus Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2016
    Belgium
    Gyroscope is awful to play, especially in portable, play in docked or tabletop if you want to aim properly

19. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Its gonna be tough getting used to B for jump instead of X

The way they set up the map to a button rather than another screen device (Wii U gamepad) is smooth and streamlined. I was really concerned how they would pull it off but it works well.

20. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    Chile
    ???? ??? ???
    Great and fun, I played all the hour with my 2Mbps...