Gaming How common are dead/stuck pixels?

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, around a week ago I bought a used PSP phat which had no screen problems. I was talked into returning it and to buy a PSP Slim. So I bought the Daxter system for 199.99, Once I got it home and started it up there was a stuck green pixel in the middle of the screen. I returned it the next morning since the store closed before I could return it and got another. I'm on my 2nd PSP Slim Daxter and it was great the first few (like 4 days) and now have a stuck teal pixel in the upper right hand corner!

How many have you guys had to replace to get a good one finally? Atleast target doesn't give me no shit about returning it, well atleast the 1st time, i'll find out tomarrow how well it will go again.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Slim PSP has one dead pixel that I never really worried about. I've heard lots of stories about stuck pixels and people have said that they returned it multiple times and got stuck pixels every time. I'm just dealing with mine, because I don't want to get another one with even more stuck pixels or even dead pixels. So, fairly common.

Jibib

Trophies
Website
www.nitroclan.freeforums.org
XP
Country
On my PSP phat i have some stuck white pixels here and there, they get on my nerves when there are dark loading screens as it stands out, but it doesnt affect the game play
biggrin.gif

Hammi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dead pixels can't be fixed, but if you're sure yours is just a stuck pixel, it's quite simple to fix, if you want to.

Go here and download the video: http://www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp

It's just a video of some colors, and the colors change really fast, to fix the stuck pixels. Read that webpage for more info on how it works. It fixed my stuck pixel.
Remember to set it to full screen through the video settings.

And don't forget - this doesn't fix dead pixels, only stuck pixels.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hammi said:
Dead pixels can't be fixed, but if you're sure yours is just a stuck pixel, it's quite simple to fix, if you want to.

Go here and download the video: http://www.psp-vault.com/Article168.psp

It's just a video of some colors, and the colors change really fast, to fix the stuck pixels. Read that webpage for more info on how it works. It fixed my stuck pixel.
Remember to set it to full screen through the video settings.

And don't forget - this doesn't fix dead pixels, only stuck pixels.

I saw that and downloaded it if needed in the future, but for having a PSP less than a week I returned it to the store, so I am on my 3rd PSP slim and at the moment (had it on for maybe 5mins so far) it has no defect on the LCD and hopefully it stays that way, if it goes bad again i'm gonna get the god of war psp
hate2.gif

nfrederick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gotten 2 psp slims within the last month and a half (brand new one for me and one for my nephew) and no dead pixels on either of them

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i have one pretty in the middle of the screen.
i do not care, its just one
i thought i read somewhere, that sony is not even forceed to replace it, as one dead/stuck pixel does not warrant a replacement

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. Bought a new Daxter pack and it had a big ass dead pixel right in the middle. I returned it right away, and got another one which didnt have any.

Actually, a month ago I bought a new PSP (regular black slim) for my son at Gamestop, and I noticed right away that it had a dead pixel all the way to the left of the screen. Because its so far to the left, it's not that bothersome, so I didnt return it or anything. But considering 2 out of 3 psp's ive gotten had dead pixels on them, I would say that is concerning. I still coudlnt live without my psp, but they need to fix that somehow. I would have been PISSED if I had ordered mine online and had to wait to ship it back and all that. i recommend anyone who buys one buy from somewhere like Best Buy or Circuit City, where they will return it even after it's opened, and you can go right in as soon as you spot the problem.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
solange82200 said:
I had the same problem. Bought a new Daxter pack and it had a big ass dead pixel right in the middle. I returned it right away, and got another one which didnt have any.

Actually, a month ago I bought a new PSP (regular black slim) for my son at Gamestop, and I noticed right away that it had a dead pixel all the way to the left of the screen. Because its so far to the left, it's not that bothersome, so I didnt return it or anything. But considering 2 out of 3 psp's ive gotten had dead pixels on them, I would say that is concerning. I still coudlnt live without my psp, but they need to fix that somehow. I would have been PISSED if I had ordered mine online and had to wait to ship it back and all that. i recommend anyone who buys one buy from somewhere like Best Buy or Circuit City, where they will return it even after it's opened, and you can go right in as soon as you spot the problem.

Thats not great news to hear with your luck being as bad as mine. I am glad I got it at target, they didn't mess with me the 2 times i've had to return it so far, I am quickly understanding of how you can't live without a PSP though, I've had my DS Lite+R4DS for about a year and a month now and never had a issue with it but the gaming well is rather dry.

I really have to question if it happens in one PSP line over another (basic, Daxter, GOW, Star Wars) but sure the LCD panels are all from the same product line. Does anyone know who makes these LCD's? Like Sharp, philips, or maybe a authentic sony panel?

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have one stuck in the upper left and it isn't really noticeable unless the screen is completely black. It almost looks like a speck of dust.

The pixel I had on the DS was way more noticeable and irritated me to the point that I sent it back to NOA.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
When I bought my PSP around Christmas time it one dead pixel right in the middle. I returned it the same day and there was a whole fuss about it. The manager of the store "GAME" had to ring up someone higher in the ranks, they discussed it for about 5mins and then he decided I could exchange it. I was gonna kill someone if he didn't exchange it for me.

roguetrip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMFG!!!!!!!!!! So now on my 3rd PSP Slim, barely have 2 hours play on it, go to turn it on and have 3 stuck pixels, I must have the worst luck!

Its like fine till just one time I decide to power it up and bam, there they are!! I tried to run the pixel fixer video for 3hr's cause I don't want to have to return it, but didn't fix anything.
hate2.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no dead/stuck pixels, I'm so lucky! But I suck at putting on screen protectors so the screen has some prints, and when you turn on a game they are not noticeable. I got the GoW edition the day it came out, its awesome!

My TV has a green one in the top right, but hardly noticeable while watching something.

Icetron

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Daxter PSP, with one busted pixel. I know it's busted since I can tell it's busted even with the PSP off. I'm sort of picky about these things, but it's so hard to notice that it's not even a problem to me. I know it's there but I can't see it, so there's no problem.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1