Hacking How come my SD card will only fill up half way?

Richter Belmont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using a supercard lite which i used to play my GBA games on. For some reason after i use the Supercard patcher and patch all my games and what not, they files will only fill up half of my SD card. After that i get an error message telling me im out of disk space on the sd card. Its a 1 gig and i would like to be able to utilize the other 500mb. Thanks for any help.

Richter Belmont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it from realhotstuff.com it shows up as having 1gig worth of gig space and when i can fill it up with anything but supercard files its very weird.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I had this problem with one of my memory cards before... and it was my card reader itself - for some reason it just wasn't reading the extra space. If you have a local computer shop nearby with card readers it might be worth going in and asking if you can try your card out in a few that aren't in blister packaging and see if you can find one that works.

smile.gif

Richter Belmont

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well thanks for the help but i still can't get it working, i tried using my friends card reader as well as a USB card reader but no luck. I also tried formatting using that program but no dice. Any other suggestions.

Edit: ok i was able to fill it up with MP3's but when i tried to put Supercard GBA files on it i could only use up half of the card. Is there something about Supercard files that restricts how much space i use?

KJames199

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having the same problem with the Micro SD cards for my Supercard Lite. It happened with different Micro SD cards (one 1 GB card and one 2 GB card), so I know it's not the card. And it happens when I try to fill the cards with ROMs off different computers and using different card readers, so I know it's neither of those, either.

I just formatted the card, as suggested, but when I try to add files, it stops after 449 MB. I'm trying to add 560 MB of files in total to the empty card. Right now, the card shows 1.45 GB of free space.

Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thanks!

EDIT: I poked around on another board and found the answer:

It's to do with the FAT file system that the card needs to use. I just put the rest of the games in a sub folder and all works fine now.

Indeed, that's what I did. I made three folders and divided my ROMs between them. Then, instead of copying all the files directly to the card, I copied the three folders (with the files in them) over to the card - it worked just fine. I hope this works for you too, Richter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.