Gaming How can next gen Wii be better?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want similar specifications to current gen consoles so the Wii can get ports at the same time as the 360 and PS3 counterparts.

kaisai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know what yall think but the Wii is the closest to the virtual reality gaming console then eveyone thinks
but game wise just better games

SuneC

Trophies
XP
Country
nehe32 said:
just about the link to maxconsole, it says that the wii will have a blu-ray disc drive. If so, how will it read current wii discs? (sorry, i dont know the technical differences between DVDs Blu-ray besides storage space.)

I'm hoping that they would add more besides 1080p and Blu-ray..

I don't know actually, i don't have any real technical info about the blu-ray technology either. But one could hope that it would be a drive that would be able to read DVD's, just like we see today with DVD drives that are able to read ordinary CD's. I don't think that would be too hard.

Cozmo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
So you want everything upgraded for a cheap price? You do know how the gaming industry works don't you?
They sell the consoles at a loss and recoup their cost in the sale of games. Some people here might remember the old days of gaming, where the console would cost you an arm and a leg, but the games were totally cheap, well, that has reversed, not the consoles are cheap (as in cheaper to buy than to make) and the games are way expensive. Now I know that a lot of people here have no intention of actually BUYING games, so I wont go into that aspect, but needless to say, most people here are getting way cheap gaming out of it. And you want it cheaper?!

You want high-end hardware at low-end cost, do you expect Nintendo to sell the Wii2 at an even greater loss? Blueray drives are very expensive, hard drives are very expensive, high end gfx are expensive, most of the things you want are EXPENSIVE. You want better on-line service, well, in order for the servers to provide you with more/better stuff, it will cost more. Nintendo have given us FREE online gameplay, at a cost, it's perhaps not as good as 360 etc. but if you want more, you'll likely have to PAY FOR IT. You talk about America being in economic trouble, well buddy, most of the world is, including those people that make your consoles and games, they may not feel it as much, but they do feel it. They need to make things cheaper for the prices to drop, not more expensive. They don't just have the console build cost to think about, they have tens of thousands of wages to pay, factories to keep running AND a profit to make (why else would they do it after all).

Stop being so cheap, Nintendo will release whatever they feel like releasing, if you like the look of it, buy it, if not, don't.

[edit]The only thing I want, is for Nintendo to force REAL control systems in the games, I'm tired of waving my arms about like a fool when the games play better with the A-stick and a couple of buttons.

Absolutely! You said it before I had a chance to
smile.gif
And also, honestly, people want lesser peripherals, but truth be told Nintendo makes a ton of money off of these. I wouldn't see them or expect them to stop doing that. Can't blame them either.

Chaos Punk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definately beefed up graphics and full 1080p HD. Less shovelware, more real games (no more minigame collection bull). MORE ZELDA. Better online, please, forget friend codes, go the route 360 did, XBL is amazing. Multimedia support. People want multipurpose entertainment systems now, make it blu-ray, DVD, and music compatible. More channels than just voting and nintendo news channels, Japan has video streaming, TV Guide and all kinds of cool channels, what do we have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?