Homebrew How can i Unhomebrew my wii? ( WITHOUT BRICKING IT!)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,646
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
Hello There!

I themed up my wii menu using mymenuify.

i wonder to myself, HOW CAN I UNHOMEBREW MYSELF WITHOUT CAUSE A BRICK?

can someone please help me? (say yes or no if i can unhomebrew!)

(and yes, i know i can unhomebrew using letterbomb, but i wonder if that will BRICK the wii)

thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why would you want to do this?
Unless you installed some nasty cioscorp or equivalent thereof it is generally better to upgrade your mods appropriately. If you did mod with something like cioscorp then that changes the approach used somewhat.

Letterbomb is merely an exploit that can launch code. It has no particular bearing on what cIOS (or stock IOS), mios, channels, boot2 and firmware you subsequently install, whether you go to more up to date hacks, more extensive hacks or return them to a version of the stock firmware (and the others mentioned).

I get the mindset from a PC or something that uninstall and reinstall is a fairly foolproof plan when it comes to problem solving and ease of install but it is not really the case for most modern consoles.

If you want to return it to stock to get through a warranty then that will take extra work as they do check. Not to mention most warranties are probably done by now.

If you want to sell it and fear a shop won't take it in then maybe try selling it another way, also most wiis go for next to nothing these days but that is a different matter.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hi there!

yes i did a nand backup but i want to restore the wii beacuse i installed custom theme and i just wanna the default wii white theme.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do this at your own risk as region changed machines will most likely brick and there is a serious brick risk when reinstalling system menu and it's dependant iOS.!!!!

To remove all modifications begin by deleteing all unauthorized channels except the HBC. If you have priiloader installed use the app to uninstall it and then use the HBC to run a wad manager and install unmodified versions of all known IOS for Wii including the stubbed versions of cIOS to you should also install the system menu for your region though this should be stock unless you've region changed.... . Once done boot the hackmii installer and uninstall bootmii and HBC from there. Now you can delete all Homebrew and such from your storage device and will have a completely stock Wii. Though for the life of mii I can't figure out why you'd want to risk bricking again to "unhack"

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also if you have a NAND backup from before you installed any modifications you could just flash that

Last edited by mikey420,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock