Hacking How can I transfer a game save from a physical actual game to my Sky3DS+?

ethanwa79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a physical game, NOT eShop, that is Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (or any game for that matter). I want to transfer the save files from the cart onto an SD Card (or something else) so I can put the save files on my Sky3DS+.

Is this possible without custom firmware?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
In short, you can't do anything witch physical games without some kind of cfw.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Um what?

Soundhax works on 11.3. JKSM works from Homebrew Launcher Loader. You can use JKSM to extract the save file from the game cart this way - no CFW needed. I don't know if that save works with Sky3DS though as I've not used the card myself.

@ethanwa79 If you're on 11.2 consider installing A9LH+Luma still. If you're on 11.3 or you don't want to mess with CFW you can still do this as explained above. Go to 3ds.guide and just do the Soundhax part, then just use JKSM with the HBLL on Soundhax.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: ethanwa79

ethanwa79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on 11.2 consider installing A9LH+Luma still. If you're on 11.3 or you don't want to mess with CFW you can still do this as explained above. Go to 3ds.guide and just do the Soundhax part, then just use JKSM with the HBLL on Soundhax.

Thank you. I'm on 11.3 so I'll have to do Soundhax. Thank you!

ethanwa79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was able to extract the saves from my physical game using JKSM, but they are all in .dat files per game. Anyone know how to turn that into a .sav file for Sky3DS+?

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
So I was able to extract the saves from my physical game using JKSM, but they are all in .dat files per game. Anyone know how to turn that into a .sav file for Sky3DS+?
Load up the game on the sky3ds so it appears on home menu - and try and import with jksm

ethanwa79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load up the game on the sky3ds so it appears on home menu - and try and import with jksm

Unfortunately when I put the Sky3DS+ cart in, set it to the game, and then load into JKSM, it doesn't work.

I select "Save Data Options" in JKSM and then I get the error: "Error opening save archive!"

Works just fine with a real game cart though.

Maybe I need to have a saved data file first? Trying now...

Reactions: HyperT

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately when I put the Sky3DS+ cart in, set it to the game, and then load into JKSM, it doesn't work.

I select "Save Data Options" in JKSM and then I get the error: "Error opening save archive!"

You need to make a save for JKSM to open save archive

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country

The sky3ds should == an actual cart [that's why it's the most expensive cart]

Hopefully it works fine after you have made a savefile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...