How can I eliminate all hacks from my 3ds?

tomatetomato222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I never liked hacked 3ds, I just bought one from second hand, and it's hacked, so I want to delete all the hacks. The FBI, the gm9, the Luma...
Is it posible?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Uninstall CFW brings nothing and potentially does harm while downgrading possibilities.

That said, if you are dead set on doing this (like so many people before you), follow the instructions given by above link carefully. Don't cut corners, don't skip steps and STOP if the safety test fails.

Good luck and have fun!

tomatetomato222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm probably going to return the console to the shop where I bought it, but the SD cards that I have used to make the CTRTransfer have all the hacks and things, I want to delete the hacks from the SD cards, but I don't know if that's possible.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you bought a hacked 3ds and ur returning it to an unhacked state then ur gonna return it to store u bought it from?

tomatetomato222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No, I didn't know it was hacked. I accidentally deleted some NAND files and I had to recover them. To do that, I had to install a lot of hacks into my SD cards, and now I want to return the hacked console and delete the hacks from the SD cards

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know what u meant but why not just return it hacked if that’s the way u got it? As long as you uninstalled b9 or armloader 9 hax you should be fine just wiping the sd card. Even if u didn’t uninstall b9 or arm9 hax it would still be fine with no sd card cause hacks would run it off control nand where its installed within system. Not sure if having sd card in if would get an error if didn’t have the files on sd card. I don’t think so but it’s been so long since I’ve set mine up and messed with it.

There’s prob not anymore updates coming out for the 3ds anymore so having it hacked isn’t really gonna require much maintenance. As for fbi that’s just to install games that are in .cia format.
Even if wanted to buy games for it u can easily dump the game with godmode and install to ur sd card so can have all ur games on Home Screen at once instead of carrying around game cards and having to switch them out.
3ds is a nice handheld it’s worth keeping

Last edited by Tri-Z,

tomatetomato222

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm not saying I don't want to have a 3ds, I just want to refund the money and get another with no hacks. I want to know if I can delete the hacked files that are in the SD cards.

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not saying I don't want to have a 3ds, I just want to refund the money and get another with no hacks. I want to know if I can delete the hacked files that are in the SD cards.
If you're dead set on completely removing cfw then just follow the guide posted in the first answer, read all the warnings and precautions and don't skip a single step.

Like everyone else i would recommend against it especially if you didn't first hack the console yourself, it could have been region changed and this method will brick you (it's all in the warnings in the link). But in the end it's your choice.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if your going the cheap way of getting a 3ds with pawn shops, you are very likely to end up with one thats either got cfw on it already or even possibly banned consoles. altho with online services being done soon thats no much of a worry. Either remove the cfw yourself. or go get a console form like ebay or something and commute with the seller that the consoles never been hacked.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I accidentally deleted some NAND files and I had to recover them. To do that, I had to install a lot of hacks into my SD cards, and now I want to return the hacked console and delete the hacks from the SD cards
If you're returning it, then what does it matter what you do to the 3DS at this point?

In case it's not clear, CFW is installed to the internal memory of the 3DS. The SD card is secondary.

If you want, you can just delete everything on the SD card and start over with https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw . People lose their SD cards one way or another all the time; there's nothing vital on there. This is much more straightforward than trying to "eliminate all hacks".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol