How can I decrypt my retail Pokemon X save for use on Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by flarn2006, Jan 13, 2015.

1. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States
    I used Gateway's built-in ROM dumping function to dump my retail Pokemon X cartridge. I know that the generated .3ds file also includes the save. But when I try to launch the dumped ROM, it gives me an error saying the save is corrupted. I can't dump it in SaveDataFiler either; it says "CTR Card -- broken --" and won't let me export it. I tried booting in classic mode and actually inserting the cartridge, but then SaveDataFiler doesn't open. I also tried installing SaveDataFiler on sysnand, but when I reboot without Gateway the icon doesn't appear.

I'm aware that this is a known issue, and an email reply someone posted from Gateway support implies they're working on a fix. But is there any way right now to decrypt the save from the cartridge so I can use SDF to import it into the dumped ROM?

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Not if you played it on a legit console / 9.2 console with GW Ultra. Then it will be using 6.x encryption and there is no way currently to decrypt that, I don't think even mt-card can do it.

3. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
  4. flarn2006
    OP

flarn2006 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 6, 2014
    United States