Hacking Hori versus Invisi Shields, which is better?

mehnder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like the title says, I'd like to know how matched up are the screen protectors for the DSi. I'm asking because I ordered the Hori ones from Deal Extreme but they're back ordered and they'll take ages to arrive. I also have the option to buy Invisi Shields from Pelican locally (I'm in mexico). So, is it worth to forego the Hori protectors which will take at least a month to arrive to buy the pelican protectors now?

mehnder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zero383 said:
Use any protector you want until the Hori arrives. Hori is still the best you can buy. Had mine on for almost 3 months and still no scratches, with heavy stylus use too.

ok, will do, however I still have a doubt, can the screen protectors be reused? I ask this because, I might as well sell the pelican screen protector when I'm done with it.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As it was said before Hori are the best but if your ordering them from dealextreme there probably fake and the full cover dsi invisi shield would probably be better.

mehnder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoSJ said:
As it was said before Hori are the best but if your ordering them from dealextreme there probably fake and the full cover dsi invisi shield would probably be better.

Well, I bought this one http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.18639 which I guess it's the legit version (I think) and as for the invisi shields I think it's just for the screens it's not the full cover version.

tops2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the ds lite, I used the Invisi Shields for a long time before I changed to the cheap ones at Dealextreme. The Invisi Shields were impossible for me to scratch (even through EBA & Ouedan). The thing I didn't like tho is (especially when the temperature warms up), the screen becomes "rubbery/sticky". It made for playing games more annoying to me since I always felt a resistance when using the stylus. After I changed to the cheapo ones from Dealextreme, I liked the feeling a lot better. The screen protector scratches like there's no tomorrow, but the stylus moved smoothly across the screen. Eventually, there's so many scratches that I couldn't tell when I scratched it anymore and stopped noticing it.

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used Invisi-Shield for a while, but it began to feel weird so I took it off. Maybe you'll have a better experience with Hori.

brak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got some JAVOEdge screen protectors from Amazon, and they're really nice. I tore up a Pelican one playing Rhythm Heaven, but there are no scratches in the new one after a month of use. They say that you can easily take them off and reuse them, but I haven't tried that, yet. Highly recommended.

smellyfungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive had my dsi for a couple weeks and have had a screen protector from "best skins ever" from the start.

ive never played ds before now but the screen is accurate and works great even in stylus heavy games like wario ware.

its only 6 bucks for both screens covered. 2 dollar shipping.
similar to invisible shield but cost a lot less.

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeahitschris said:
is that site from dealextreme the LEGIT hori?

Yes, I think so. They're more expensive in comparison to the fake ones that are also on DealExtreme and I think "genuine" indicates, that those a the real deal
biggrin.gif

So, I hear lots of different things about Hori screen protectors. Some say it's really awesome, no scratches at all. But then there are people who are not thrilled at all. Right now I'm using Screen Guard DSi from Keys Factory and I noticed tiny scratches after some hours of usage and believe me, I'm really very careful. Also I think it depends on the stylus. I have a Zelda stylus, tested it on my touch screen and there it was – a light scratch on the surface of the screen protector. Then I used a retractable metal stylus, which was okay but wasn't very smooth on the surface. The original DSi stylus also was just okay.

Next time I plan to get Hori protectors. I hope they're really worth it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo