Homebrew [Homebrew] Play Coin Setter (Ninjhax/3DSx edition)

Jack Chronicle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone to edit the gamecoin.dat file? I'd like to be able to set it to more than 300 play coins... And it is possible to collect more than 30 coins daily now. At least, I have been able to before.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone to edit the gamecoin.dat file? I'd like to be able to set it to more than 300 play coins... And it is possible to collect more than 30 coins daily now. At least, I have been able to before.
No, 300 is where it's capped off, and there aren't any developers working on getting past that because it's honestly pointless. Why would you even need to exceed 300 playcoins when you can simply reset them back to 300 when you hit zero? And I'm pretty sure you can only collect 10 playcoins every day. Regardless, there are homebrews that allow you to collect more than the daily limit, but I don't know why you'd want to use them when you can set the playcoins to 300 in an instant, rather than walking around/shaking your 3ds for what seems like hours in order to reach the limit.

Jack Chronicle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, 300 is where it's capped off, and there aren't any developers working on getting past that because it's honestly pointless. Why would you even need to exceed 300 playcoins when you can simply reset them back to 300 when you hit zero? And I'm pretty sure you can only collect 10 playcoins every day. Regardless, there are homebrews that allow you to collect more than the daily limit, but I don't know why you'd want to use them when you can set the playcoins to 300 in an instant, rather than walking around/shaking your 3ds for what seems like hours in order to reach the limit.
I carry mine around, and I do have a homebrew app that allows me to go past the daily limit, and it's just faster to get more than 300 at a time so I don't have to restart my device every time I want to get 300 more.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I carry mine around, and I do have a homebrew app that allows me to go past the daily limit, and it's just faster to get more than 300 at a time so I don't have to restart my device every time I want to get 300 more.
I can understand everything except restarting your device each time you want to reset your playcoins back to 300. Why do you need to do that?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I can understand everything except restarting your device each time you want to reset your playcoins back to 300. Why do you need to do that?
He probably means having to reboot the system after launching the 3dsx.
But he doesn't have to do that if he has the latest hbmenu (Start then X). I do believe that feature is broken with sdiconhax though.

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

Jack Chronicle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He probably means having to reboot the system after launching the 3dsx.
But he doesn't have to do that if he has the latest hbmenu (Start then X). I do believe that feature is broken with sdiconhax though.
Yeah, that's what I meant. And having to reboot into homebrew each time since I can't install .cia files sadly...

Puddies

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Odd how the 3DS resists all attempts at editing step count. I think it might have something to do with offset 0x8 size 0x4, which 3DBrew states as "Total step count at the time a new Play Coin was obtained". I'll tinker around with ita dn see what I can do.

@TheReturningVoid and @MrCheeze
Did you find out anything more about how to hack the step count correctly? Is it possible to edit the step count by now, without the 3DS system resisting the edited number of steps?

Last edited by Puddies,

MrCheeze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the real answer is I don't know, but here's some speculation from a little while ago

[12:16 AM] ppltoast: you mentioned in order to change steps instead you gotta swap like two things around
[12:16 AM] ppltoast: think you could some version for that
[12:16 AM] ppltoast: itd be handy for dream team bros where you need 10k for a 145 pow bonus
[12:16 AM] MrCheeze: you can't change steps, the home menu constantly fixes the steps value
[12:16 AM] MrCheeze: you try to edit it and it just reverts
[12:17 AM] ppltoast: it does?
[12:17 AM] MrCheeze: well, I assume it's the home menu that's doing it
[12:17 AM] MrCheeze: never bothered checking
[12:17 AM] ppltoast: well shit
[12:18 AM] MrCheeze: maybe it's possible to do if you terminate random processes, I dunno
[12:18 AM] MrCheeze: I'm not even sure if terminating processes is a thing you can do, I haven't been in the loop for 3ds homebrew in a while
[12:18 AM] ppltoast: hm

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there a working cia version of a playcoin setter? so far, i only found something on some kind of spanish website and i'm not sure its very trustworthy...

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, so I have the OoThax thing on my system. Would this coin thing work for me? Or do I need something specific for it?

Shoguna

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make a Play Coin app that gives you 300 play coins for 1 step? That way during game sessions that may use Play coins you won't have to exit your game and go to homebrew just to give yourself 300 play coins again.

OctopusRift

GBATemp's Local Octopus, Open 9am-2am. "Not Yet"
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Is it possible to make a Play Coin app that gives you 300 play coins for 1 step? That way during game sessions that may use Play coins you won't have to exit your game and go to homebrew just to give yourself 300 play coins again.
nope, but you can make an NTR app to do that if you can change the amount in ram. :P

Midgetgirl05

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this still a thing? I just got a visiter from Mii Plaza who said this was the last game she played lol And now I'm curious :-P Cuz I love those games but play coins suck at only getting 10 a day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone