Homebrew homebrew left over on wii u, freezes browser after like 10 seconds

catburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so a while ago i homebrewed my wii u, i remember being able to open the wiiuexploit page and launching the homebrew menu through that (i think?). fast forward a year or so, the sd card used for the wii u was reused for something else and i forgot completely. cut to now when i want to homebrew my wii u again. i followed the instructions on wiiu.hacks.guide and put the files onto the sd card but when i go to open the browser it freezes after a few seconds. i believe its an artifact from old homebrew i set up but im not sure how to disable it? i did a system reset after googling everything i could but it didnt fix it. i dont have a homebrew channel to uninstall any loaders from so im kinda pulling my hair out trying to fix it. i have removed the sd card and launched the browser and it still freezes. im just a clueless newbie, any help : P

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so a while ago i homebrewed my wii u, i remember being able to open the wiiuexploit page and launching the homebrew menu through that (i think?). fast forward a year or so, the sd card used for the wii u was reused for something else and i forgot completely. cut to now when i want to homebrew my wii u again. i followed the instructions on wiiu.hacks.guide and put the files onto the sd card but when i go to open the browser it freezes after a few seconds. i believe its an artifact from old homebrew i set up but im not sure how to disable it? i did a system reset after googling everything i could but it didnt fix it. i dont have a homebrew channel to uninstall any loaders from so im kinda pulling my hair out trying to fix it. i have removed the sd card and launched the browser and it still freezes. im just a clueless newbie, any help : P
Possibly. Try bluUbomb.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im to chicken to do anything to my laptop so im just gonna install virtualbox and a linux iso then fumble my way thru the github instructions XD
Recovery menu may work for you. I had forgotten about it or I would've mentioned it first. You can do so with a cheap raspberry pico.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
when i go to open the browser it freezes after a few seconds.
The fix is written at the guide itself:
Screenshot_20230105-123419.png

catburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i already tried resetting the save data, it's nothing to do with a glitch during set up, its that a file from my previous set up is still in effect and i need to find out how to remove that :3

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In your first post you said you used the web exploit and changed the SD since then, so it is impossible that anything from that remained on your console.
Hell, you even did a factory reset, which makes it even more impossible that there's still a leftover.

So stop thinking in the wrong direction. Instead let's see why the web exploit (yes, you read this correctly: Tiramisu installation uses the exact same exploit you used in the past, the 3rd thing making it impossible that the old exploit blocks this now) won't work for you.
The information that you tried to reset save data already is good, let's continue here: How did you format the SD card (filesystem and sector size) and did you try unplugging all USB devices before running the web exploit?

Last edited by V10lator,

catburger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In your first post you said you used the web exploit and changed the SD since then, so it is impossible that anything from that remained on your console.
Hell, you even did a factory reset, which makes it even more impossible that there's still a leftover.

So stop thinking in the wrong direction. Instead let's see why the web exploit (yes, you read this correctly: Tiramisu installation uses the exact same exploit you used in the past, the 3rd thing making it impossible that the old exploit blocks this now) won't work for you.
The information that you tried to reset save data already is good, let's continue here: How did you format the SD card (filesystem and sector size) and did you try unplugging all USB devices before running the web exploit?
so sorry for the late reply!!

the sd card has been formatted correctly, i triple checked it and it matches the requirements. no usbs are plugged into my wii u, the only thing in it is the sd card, its adaptor and the power cables. ill try and do another save data reset and see if i can boot it up again but right now iv been looking in to bluubomb and got a linux vm up, following all the instructions to the T, will keep the thread updated!!

edit: unfortunately my pc knowledge isnt that good and i wasnt able to get something needed for bluubomb to work but during the attempt i managed to do. something. stupidly i didnt take a photo but i had a homebrew launcher.rpx and a loadrpx.bin file on the sd card (dont ask me what i was doing i had no clue) and an error came up while i was trying to reset the save data again that said something about "missing the .elf file" for the hbl. its further then iv gotten with all the files on my sd because it simply freezes up otherwise. i dont know how that could help figure out my problem but eh worth a mention

Post automatically merged:

UPDATE SCRATCH MY LAST REPLY. i got the enviroment loader up and running!!! i quickly typed oit the wiiuexploit.xyz website before it froze and managed to run it!!!! thank u all sm for the help <3!!! im still running into the issue of the browser freezing after around 10 seconds but iv managed to launch the hbl once, which is enough to keep me trying!!

last update: i managed to fully install the homebrew launcher and tiramisu so this thread can be closed or whatever. super huge big ty to all ur help!! <3

Last edited by catburger,
Reactions: jeannotte

NeuralOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so sorry for the late reply!!

the sd card has been formatted correctly, i triple checked it and it matches the requirements. no usbs are plugged into my wii u, the only thing in it is the sd card, its adaptor and the power cables. ill try and do another save data reset and see if i can boot it up again but right now iv been looking in to bluubomb and got a linux vm up, following all the instructions to the T, will keep the thread updated!!

edit: unfortunately my pc knowledge isnt that good and i wasnt able to get something needed for bluubomb to work but during the attempt i managed to do. something. stupidly i didnt take a photo but i had a homebrew launcher.rpx and a loadrpx.bin file on the sd card (dont ask me what i was doing i had no clue) and an error came up while i was trying to reset the save data again that said something about "missing the .elf file" for the hbl. its further then iv gotten with all the files on my sd because it simply freezes up otherwise. i dont know how that could help figure out my problem but eh worth a mention

Post automatically merged:

UPDATE SCRATCH MY LAST REPLY. i got the enviroment loader up and running!!! i quickly typed oit the wiiuexploit.xyz website before it froze and managed to run it!!!! thank u all sm for the help <3!!! im still running into the issue of the browser freezing after around 10 seconds but iv managed to launch the hbl once, which is enough to keep me trying!!

last update: i managed to fully install the homebrew launcher and tiramisu so this thread can be closed or whatever. super huge big ty to all ur help!! <3
I just resolved this issue on my wii u. I finally realized I had used indexiine to modify the internet loading page. I used the indexiine app to revert back to the original index.html

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: