Homebrew Homebrew Launcher won't load, freezes everytime

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the dilemma. I'm able to use the Homebrew Launcher with ease via Offliine. However, my friend was asking for help 900 miles away because he is having problems with it.

I've tried everything I can think of, but each time he tries to load the homebrew launcher it will freeze on the spinning wheel.

He has tried with a 64gb SDXC card and a 2GB SD. I can get my SDHC and SDXC to work without issue, didn't bother with the lower end. I've literally copied my SD cards' contents and transferred it to him via TeamViewer. I checked his set up and everything is where it should be. I even had him put an empty SD card in and play Smash 4 to see if the SD card port was bad.

He is on 5.5.1U, the same as me, and has the exact same files and set up. He is using Offliine to connect and gets to Offliine's menu. From there I have him click Homebrew Launcher and that's when it spins once or twice and freezes. Even had him run the kernel exploit before trying it to no avail.

Is there something I'm forgetting to check? His card is formatted to FAT32, there is no unallocated space on the card that may cause problems either. Said he has tried it over 100 times and it freezes each time, compared to the maybe 25% of the time it freezes on a white screen for me while loading homebrew launcher.

Last edited by sroemr,

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have him give that a try, hopefully ItsGameBoy tries it and finds out it works before I tell him to. Starting to think he thinks I'm full of it since mine works without much of an issue and his doesn't cooperate.

Regardless, thanks Zoc!

ItsGameBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open 4 tabs on the browser, load different sites on them, let them all finish loading. use the 4th tab to launch the exploit :)
I'll give this one more shot.
EDIT: Yeah, it didn't work... unless I have to do this a few more times. By the way, how long did it take to go to the Homebrew Launcher using Offliine?

Last edited by ItsGameBoy,

KiraW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible he's not on the latest system firmware? Maybe he spoofed it before and has forgotten?

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With offliine it takes me about 5 seconds to get the Wii U logo. It freezes on a white screen about 33% of the time, but I just unplug and try again. The spinning wheel portion of the loading is literally only up for a second or less.

Kira, thanks for the response but he's on the most current firmware (that was one of the first things I had him check) and he has just a regular Wii U, he hasn't done anything to it.

ItsGameBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With offliine it takes me about 5 seconds to get the Wii U logo. It freezes on a white screen about 33% of the time, but I just unplug and try again. The spinning wheel portion of the loading is literally only up for a second or less.

Kira, thanks for the response but he's on the most current firmware (that was one of the first things I had him check) and he has just a regular Wii U, he hasn't done anything to it.
What version of the Homebrew Launcher did you give to your friend?

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest version, 1.4 I believe? Had him try that as the second most recent version wasn't working. Both have worked for me a literally just sent him a copy of what was on my SD card.

I haven't had him try anything other than offliine, I sent him the thing about the tabs but he hasn't gotten back to me about if it worked yet.

How do the other ways work?

ItsGameBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newest version, 1.4 I believe? Had him try that as the second most recent version wasn't working. Both have worked for me a literally just sent him a copy of what was on my SD card.

I haven't had him try anything other than offliine, I sent him the thing about the tabs but he hasn't gotten back to me about if it worked yet.

How do the other ways work?
You can create a new subfolder in the Payloads folders with the 1.4 payload, like this.
In order to do this, you must download the codebin here and follow my video tutorial here.

Last edited by ItsGameBoy,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I am having the same problem. Though it loads sometimes, 1.4 has a very low success rate for me. I am thinking of going back to 1.3.

Vassall89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im using the 1.4 and it works perfect for me and kaflukes self host pack....just run the standalone kexploit loadiine version first then the homebew launcher, i know its a pain in the ass run the browser twice but at least im not having any problem lauching the hombrew laucher.

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the 1.4 and it works perfect for me and kaflukes self host pack....just run the standalone kexploit loadiine version first then the homebew launcher, i know its a pain in the ass run the browser twice but at least im not having any problem lauching the hombrew laucher.

When I tried to self host with loadliine, before offliine, it failed to an outstanding rate. To the point of where I didn't even bother, literally would take me 2 hours to get it started. I'd just leave the Wii U on for days on end. That was not using kaflukes self host pack though.

It's just odd as my success rate for 1.4 is the exact same as 1.3, if not higher. It has to be something to do with different SD cards, as I've used this on multiple Wii U's without issue. All of them used a PNY 128gb SDXC card, what I used to have loadliine on.

Also had success at the same rate with a 32gb SanDisk SDHC, and a 8gb Kingston SDHC (both of those were class 4, the PNY is 10).

Last edited by sroemr,

sroemr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He finally got it to work by using loadiine.ovh, when the homebrew launcher loaded it was empty. So had him try a few different cards and finally the card contents showed up. So it appears to be a SD card issue for some brands, which is what I assumed since it always seemed to freeze at the spot where it would have been trying to access the card, but since it couldn't find anything it just froze.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon